Having problems with Digital River?

+1 800 598 7450 (Customer Service)
10380 Bren Road West
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed
  • 27081 Aliso Creek Road, Suite 100, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, United States
  • 651 Holiday Drive, Foster Plaza 5, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15220, United States
  • 50 California St., Suite 1529, San Francisco, CA 94111, United States

Mariahilferstrasse 50/2/11, Entrance Kirchengasse 1, Vienna A-1070, Austria

Germany
Scheidtweilerstr Street 4, 50933 Köln, Germany

Russia
10, Presnenskaya Embankment, Block C, 4th Floor, Suite 428, 123317 Moscow, Russia

China
Suite 1710, Building A, № 331, North Caoxi Road, Xuhui Dist., Shanghai, 200030, China

Hong Kong
9/F, Core F Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road Hong Kong, China

Japan
10F, Shinjuku Mitsui Building № 2, 3-2-11 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, 160-0023, Japan

Taiwan
23F, 105, Sec 2, Tun Hwa S. Rd, Taipei 10682, Taiwan

Brazil
Av. Roque Petroni Jr, 1089 - cj 905, Sao Paulo - SP, 04707-900, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized charge/fraud

These people are theives. How they operate is that they first test the card for $1.00 under a .com name. The...

credit card debit

I was also charged via debit card from this company!! $79. 95 us dollars. .
Thankfully, my bank stopped the six charges of $79. 95 each from processing so my account seems safe at the moment. . I'd truly love to know if anyone out there knows who this company is and how in the world they were able to hack into my account. .

Absolutely furious!
Victoria

scam

SCAM!!! Digital River! iPhone Unlock.. Do not buy!!

There is currently no software to UNLOCK iphone 4 firmware 4.1 / baseband 2.14.4; however, you would not get that from the creative advertising and cool looking banners that about 5 SWREG / Digital River affiliates use to hook suckers like me in!! I googled "iphone 4 4.1 unlock" and several DR sites boadly promoted that anyone could "UNLOCK ANY iPHONE UP TO 4.1"- what can I say... I got suckered! I trusted this company based on history and I am very disappointed having bought several DR/SWREG branded products throughout the years.

I have sent countless emails, placed numerous calls... NO RESPONSE! Beware!

Scam! Digital River! Scam! iPhone Unlocker / iPhone Unlocker-Pro! Scam SWREG Digital River Scam

• Kr
    KRP2011 Jun 01, 2011

I made a purchase from a SWREG business, http://www.htcsimunlock.com/, paid the money didn't get the code, didn't get the refund.

I spoke to a few customer service people at SWREG and Digital River, my purchase number was recognised by all. All the staff I spoke to are powerless.

If you are having problems, and if you are prepared to be nice call Linda, she is a senior receptionist at Digital River which is the main company and has all the emails and contacts you would need. I got to her by accident on 952253124, she was very helpful, understanding and put me through to a senior manager and gave me an email of a someone relevant and important if I got nowhere. Because I had already opened a dispute in PayPal the money was held, that is not in Digital River hands, the senior manager told me she was not able to make the refund. So rather than get into a stink with her I decided to wait it out to see if I got a refund through PayPal.

Fortunately I managed to get a refund through PayPal because SWREG didn't make a comment during the dispute (one is not covered for digital purchases in PayPal, unless the seller doesn't comment in a dispute, this is a very small loop hole one shouldn't rely on). So I didn't need to go back to Linda or email the important person.

Karl

• Kr
    KRP2011 Jun 01, 2011

Sorry got the number wrong should be: 9522531234

• Am
    a.macara Apr 10, 2013

complete scam. will not unlock phone. not able to get refund. !!

• Am
    a.macara Apr 10, 2013

complete scam. will not unlock phone.you will lose your money!!

product not required/credit requested

We have waiting for a refund of a charge made to our account on 4 October 2010 for $49.95. We requested this credit on receipt of our statement from American Express late October. the charge reference is [protected] al River 34071. As this product/service was not required, we cancelled and requested a credit. our Card details are 3760...1014. A possible reference no.[protected]. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your assistance. regards Helen

poor service, possible fraud

I purchased a Microsoft Office product through Digital River and was completely unable to download the product and also incurred some damage to my computer as a result. I called and asked for a refund, and the person told me they'd make a refund request. I then received an email telling me to click on a link to activate the refund, but when I did so, I was unable to access the activation form. So now I can't activate the SUPPOSED refund. I opened a dispute ticket with AMEX, so we'll see where that leads. No way I'm paying for something I never got. Why Microsoft uses this garbage operation is beyond me. Since I now need a new computer, I'm going to be purchasing a Mac. If Microsoft is in such bad shape they have to use this piece of crap company to sell their products, I want as little to do with them as possible.

• Dk
    dkolln Feb 04, 2011

I've used digital river to download many products including: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and the list goes on. Every time I've used Digital River's product I've been more than satisfied with their service. Now, I've actually paid the extra money for a physical copy of their product just in case, but so far have never had to open them.

avast internet security 5.0 (1pc)

10 Grudnia 2010zakupiłem przez internet oprogramowanie antywirusowe "avast Internet Security 5.0(1PC, 1 year)
Od pewnego czasu dostaję komunikat iż muszę aktualizowac program co wiąże sie z nowym zakupem.
Proszę o odpowiedż co mam robic w obecnej sytuacji
Na odpowiedz czekam pod adresem
[protected]@onet.eu

payment of microsoft office pkg never received

On nov. 11 2010 after purchasing a new notebook, i decided to buy the microsoft office package for home and student. Payment, done electronically with my credit card Amex, was charged to my account with ref. no. [protected] on the same date above. However, I never received the package on my computer and the trial package I was offered on my new computer, has expired. What went wrong? Please give me a kind answer at my e-mail address specified above. Best regards

fraudulent charges

Original Complaint: I noticed fradulent charges on my Master Card account on 11/24 of this year. One for $35.42 for "DRI Emicsoft FLV Conve regnow com cs LUX" and the other for $6.65 for "DRI Extended Download regnow com cs LUX". Apparently www.regnow.com is a company that sells software and my online research has determined they have had issues in the past with fraudulent charges. One intersting thing I found is that other people have reported frauduent charges through www.regnow.com on 11/24 of last year which peaked my curiosity. Could be part of the criminal's startegy, who knows. Hopefully they are caught and prosecuted and not many people have been effected by this unfortunate business.

New info: My research has found that "DRI" stands for Digital River International and "LUX" for Luxembourg Germany. Hope this helps other with similar issues with these folks.
Address:
Digital River International S.a.r.l.
9b, Boulevard du Prince Henri
L-1724
Luxembourg

fraudulent charges

unauthorized charges

Auto renewal, according to their customer service rep, is supposed to occur 1 week prior to expiration of...

I didnt buy any anti virus software

i didnt buy any anti virus software or any other computer software so i wish to cancel this account to stop any money coming out of my credit card thank you . barry tilling

unauthorized use of credit card

Digital River International Luxembourg has taken a payment of $99.95 from my credit card on 27/10/2010 with...

fraudulent charge on debit/credit card

I have been fraudulently charged $35.95 from this company/business or whatever it is. I have never heard of this. I don't even know what they are fraudulently charging me for.

fraudulent charge on debit/credit card

dri*digitalriver.com

My credit cart visa was charged today 29. 95 usd by dri*digitalriver.com. I have never bought anything from this company which i suppose is fake. I would appreciate anybody to give informations for the matter, if has the same experience. Thanks in advance

• En
    England south Jun 19, 2011

Yes stay away from any company connected with Digital River I have experienced multiple charges from this company I had had never heard of the company until charges started to appear on my card statements “DIGITAL RIVER WWW.DIG . looking on the WEB they seem to be related to Norton unlike some I have not purchased or even attempted to purchase Norton Anti Viruses software. I would recommend that no one purchase Norton, personal I find AVG very good I have purchased this AV for several years.

iphone unlocking

Yesterday I paid this iphone unlocking website the sum of US $25 for a keycode to unlock my iphone. After paying this sum of money with my VISA credit card they send me a mail and this mail comes from the money collecting company ( SWREG digital river) working tandem with these thieves. They send me a mail telling me where to get this keycode and I went to that website and there was no keycode but they had a message saying that the keycode will take less then 48 hours and when it is finish they will send me by mail to download this file. Today the website is gone, cause when I type the URL it showes up that the website is DEACTIVATED. It's about time the FBI internet FRAUD take there hands on these thieves for always. I had the same issue a couple of months ago and the SWREG digital river gave me my money back but now it's different cause they use an automated answer to all e-mails. Very smart, " cause now nobody can reach them either. Be very carefull all of you of this money collecting company by the name SWREG digital river. LET's ALL BLACK BALL this comapny cause they are also respondsable working with these thieves tandem.

iphone unlocking

• Aj
    AJJ21 Jul 01, 2010

I purchased the software to unlock my iphone from UNLOCKIPHONEUS.COM last June 28, 2010. I received an email from SWREG and clicked on the link provided but it prompted me that the unlock code is being generated and will be sent to my email within 48 hours. I tried to call their support numbers but to no avail. The 1800 number is a Skype number and nobody answers. The number in Los Angeles that they posted on the website is non-existing. I sent numerous emails but none has replied to date. I even received a return email from my email provider, which means the the email address might not be existing as well. They even advertise on their site that they have a REAL 24x7 tech support but it was a lie and a bait!

PLEASE BE WARNED ON THIS FRAUDULENT SITE... UNLOCKIPHONEUS.COM. It even comes 1st on search engines so I'm wondering how they managed to do that!

I called my bank to tell them about this and I was told that they will coordinate with SWREG to request for a refund based on my complaint. Luckily, I got the credit back today, July 1st.

false advertizing

These Digital River/ Avast! "element 5" people... (I have noted the numerous posts about Avast!4/Digital River. These are almost certainly the very same people. They are changing their name as product promotions come along.) I hold a copy of my invoice, and keep it saved in Google Docs, but the activation keycode (which they zipped up it can't be viewed!) does not register the prouct (avast! Internet Security 5). When i went to the DRe5 website to complain, their system asked me to enter my email address and the last 5 digits of the credit card. I did this, and their system tells me there was no such order! I have the invoice! Invoice for order # [protected] dated 31-MAY-2010. Now, when I tried to get help fom the so-called avast forum, the problem got even worse: I had to register for the forum, which requires my email address, a user name, and a password creation. I did all that, and, guess what, when I try to actually sign in, it asks me if I "forgot" my password and gives me the option to recieve "another" reactivtion through email. It keeps doing this over and over again. I have about five "account activation" emails in by in box. They are apparently useless, at least to me. I can't even call up a "reminder" for the password, as their system suggests, because it never offered me an opportunity to make or respond to one in the first place! The fact is, I did NOT forget my password. Now I suspect that someone besides me (hopefully just these DR element idiots) who reset my password, has access to the avast!WEBforum from MY email account. I tried to create a new avast!Webforum account, but of course I cannot use a different user name because, "someone else with that email address already is a member." There is no way I am supplying these people with another email address. My avast! Internet Security 5.0 is still not registered (not to me, anyway) according to my copy of the software. Franky, I can't tell whether it's these DR element 5 people or avast! who is to blame. Probably both.

WMOSS May 31, 2010

I should add... whenever I do manage to log a complaint here, avst/dr locks up my system, and announces "virus database has been updated!" Interesting.

WMOSS May 31, 2010

I also want to say that this is not about "waiting." The invoice they sent to me was postdated by one day. (I actually ordered the product on the 30th.) Why they do kind of thing is a mystery. I was indeed informed that my order could take up to 24 hours to process, however they did, in fact, go ahead the next day, on the 30th, and send me an alledged activation key (zipped up and unopenable, of course). After my installed software said that my upgrade was accepted, I could still not log on to the so-called forum. I guess they are now going to try and claim that their computer systems needed time to adjust. I wonder if my "forgotten" password works now? Something is seriously wrong with these people.

got billed for something I didnt order

I was charges 74.99 on my master card from digitalriver on something I didnt even order and I want a refund

• Co
    conic-ellipse May 18, 2010

Call your credt card company immediately! There should be a phone number on the back of the card that you can call. Explain that you believe you have a fraudulent charge on your card. They will probably send you an affidavit in the mail that you will sign and return. The will contact digital river who will have to PROVE that you made the charge. If they are unable to, Visa will give you back your money and perform a chargeback to digital river. (This has happened to me before, not from digital river, but from another company. I got my money back.) Don't procrastinate though. Call you card company immediately. Good luck.

digitalriver security not secure

Without going into too much detail I have been trying to get my copy of Windows 7 pro at a Student Discount price that I ordered on the DigitalRiver online store 3 weeks ago.

I have found out only now & after 3 weeks of speaking to the Digital River Support daily that they have mistakenly associated my purchase, including my banking details with someone else. They have been sending this unauthorized person my personal information & password instead of sending it to me. They did not find the error until I discovered it & showed them what was occurring.

The strange thing is that when I informed them of this breach in my personal security all return email correspondence from Digital River has now stopped, which is pathetic.

I have contacted my bank but I don't know what is going to happen concerning the DigitalRiver side of things now that I am getting the silent treatment.
It is quite hard to know what is going on even when you do have contact with them because they mainly use generic pre-worded responses to you questions & they don't investigate you concerns too thoroughly.

But there is one thing that I do know for sure & that is that the Digital River on-line store security is not secure.

unauthorized charge

I check my accounts weekly since I've had my credit card stolen last year (unauthorized purchase in Cali at Barnes and Nobles) while I was in Italy. I saw a charge on my PayPal for DigitalRiver for $58.42 which is to be charged to my credit card. I tried calling my credit card company but just my luck they were doing maintenance. Hopefully they'll help me out later. I got an e-mail after I've done some digging on what was going on and who this company was about a purchase with Share-It! Digital River for a PasswordsPro software. I researched it and it's suppose to recover my lost passwords which just sounds fishy to me. I e-mailed the company since there's no number and right after I sent it I get a response saying "Thank you for purchasing PasswordsPro". I've filed a dispute with PayPal...now I just wait and see if they do anything. I've never heard of any of these companies nor made any purchases so this is just stressing me out. My bank accounts are also linked to my PayPal so I might just close them to be safe since I've seen several other people have complaints and some even had several charges.

WMOSS Jun 01, 2010

Apparently, even if you do deal directly yourself with the people, you still get screwed. I hold a copy of my invoice, and keep it saved in Google Docs, but the activation key code (which they zipped up so it can't be viewed) does not register the product (avast! Internet Security 5).

When I went to the DRe5 website to complain, their system asked me to enter my email address and the last 5 digits of the credit card. I did this, and their system tells me there was no such order! I have the invoice! Invoice for order # 333084685 dated 31-MAY-2010. Now, when I tried to get help from the so-called avast forum, the problem got even worse: I had to register for the forum, which requires my email address, a user name, and a password creation. I did all that, and, guess what, when I try to actually sign in, it asks me if I "forgot" my password and gives me the option to receive "another" reactivation through email. It keeps doing this over and over again. I have about five "account activation" emails in by in box. They are apparently useless, at least to me. I can't even call up a "reminder" for the password, as their system suggests, because it never offered me an opportunity to make or respond to one in the first place!

The fact is, I did NOT forget my password. Now I suspect that someone besides me (hopefully just these DR element idiots) reset my password and has access to the avast!WEBforum from MY email account. I tried to create a new forum account, but of course I cannot use a different user name because, "someone else with that email address already is a member." There is no way I am supplying these people with another email address. My avast! Internet Security 5.0 is still not registered (not to me, anyway) according to my copy of the software. Frankly, I can't tell whether it's these DR element 5 people or avast! who is to blame. Probably both.

I should add... usaully whenever I do manage to log a complaint here, avast/dr locks up my system so I have to restart and then avast announces "virus database has been updated!" Interesting. I also want to say that this is not about "waiting." The invoice they sent to me was postdated by one day. (I actually ordered the product on the 30th.) Why they do that kind of thing is a mystery.

I was indeed informed that my order could take up to 24 hours to process, however they did, in fact, go ahead the next day, on the 31st, and send me an alleged activation key (zipped up and un-openable, of course). After my computer was made to say that my upgrade was accepted, I could still not log on to the so-called avast forum. They (whoever “they” are) obviously want me to keep buying this product over and over again. I suppose now they are going to try and claim that their computer systems needed time to adjust.

BTW, I am STILL getting a massive run-around from avast! about their "sales-end, " Digital River. Avast does not seem to mind blaming them for the problem I am experiencing, but they have not as yet accepted any responsibility either.

Here is a direct copy fresh from the regnow/Digital River website:

***"to become a member of the world's leading software-specific affiliate program. It's fast, it's easy, and it's your ticket to making money!

We've amassed the largest selection of software titles available anywhere on the Planet. Combined with a robust set of Sales Tools and our new Affiliate Rewards Program, earning serious cash has never been so easy.

Here is why you need to join the RegNow Affiliate Program today!"***

Yeah, right. This does help to exlpain to me why so many people are being misguided into backing their questionable approaches and practices.

• Kg
    kgs05 Jun 01, 2010

I had e-mailed PayPal and the next day they told me "We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party.We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case youraccount has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting youraccount is our primary concern." The money was refunded within a couple days. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I did not order anything from these people or this company!!!

These two charges just appeared on a credit card i rarely use! I am pissed that someone or some company has tapped into my account somehow and has stolen my credit card information trying to make false purchases i didn't make!! I'm already a victim of identity theft...when is this crap gonna stop!! I didn't order nothing from this company!! I don't know who this is!! Good thing i had already taken my money off the card the day I put it on there or these charges would have applied!! They still have my credit card info and may try this again!! Pisses me off!! :) See details copied from my statement below:

03/30/2010 DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM

MYORD.COM/SY
Purchase Date: 03/30/10
Declined Reason: PURCHASE EXCEEDED THE AVAILABLE FUNDS
Utilities Declined -$74.99

THIS IS BS...IT HAS TO STOP!!!

windows order

Digital River would not process my order for the purchase of Windows 7 Pro at a Student Discount price.

I am an eligible Australian student at an eligible Australia T.A.F.E College. So Why didn't Digital River allow me to purchase windows 7 Pro 8 days before the Student offer was closed?

I provided all the required identification and details necessary for the purchase but they just would not process my request.

I sent their support department 5 emails regarding the purchase of Windows 7 Pro starting on the 25/03/2010 but they still would not accept my application or give me an order number.
All I received & still receiving is computer generated answers that are of no help at all.

Because of Digital Rivers total lack of professionalism I have now missed out on the Student discount offer through no fault of my own & they don't give a Dam about it.

Is it any wonder that some people resort to using Pirated versions of Windows when Digital River
goes out of its way to stop legitimate customers from purchasing these products for No reason.

I have saved all emails sent to & received from Digital River.

• St
    StephenisSad Apr 09, 2010

How do you contact Digital River because these people are still just sending me generic Computer generated replies to my requests for assistance.
    There IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE as far as I am concerned.

• St
    StephenisSad Apr 13, 2010

UPDATE:
    I have found out only now & after 3 weeks of speaking to the Digital River Support daily that have mistakenly associated my purchase, including my banking details with someone else. They have been sending this unauthorized person my personal information & password instead of sending it to me. They did not find the error until I discovered it & showed them what was occurring.

I have informed them of this breach in my personal security but since that last contact to them by me, all return email correspondence from Digital River has now stopped.
    I don't know what is going to happen now, but I do know for sure that the Digital River on-line store security is not secure.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices