Devry Universityowe me money and saying I owe them

I have been going to DeVry since last year March 2012, i transferred from Capella University and I haven't had trouble with my account before. Now that I got transferred to this school that's all I have been having is trouble with them! To start off, they have been holding my grants from me, telling me that they were sending me checks that I never receive and that the money I did get was like $71.00 and $156.00 of my grant. For 2-3 semesters I haven't received my grant. Then I was having problems with them helping me pick out classes for the next semester. My adviser wasn't helping me with my finances as suppose to, they let my account build up to $156.00 before I got told that there's another hold on my account. It started off at $56.00 and I called my adviser to ask him about the hold the first time on my account. I was told by him to not worry about it everyone has that hold put on their account, he doesn't know why it's there? My sister was there to hear this on speaker phone, because she too had a hold on her account for more. As the time went on I realized that my account was placed on hold for the amount of $112.00. Called again about the hold and was told that there must have been a debt owed to them when I transferred schools from Co. to Ca.! I told them impossible because these fees didn't start showing up until I got out here and it posted months after I started attending this school. Now, if I would have known that I had to pay it I would have paid it then when it was only $56.00! Called the Dean of the school because now my calls weren't being answered or returned, my appearance up there to the school was a waste of time for me because I still didn't get any help! Only to put my name on some ticket list to call me back! (some system they have out when you complain they give you a ticket docket for your adviser to get back in touch with you! IT NEVER HAPPENED) Now I owe $156.00 for what I don't know, and my grants that are do to me are getting smaller and smaller from the figures that were sent to me. Classes are more expensive, supplies that I don't have or need! They say that I must be mistaken that their workers would not tell any student not to pay or disregard to payments! They also said that, they workers make sure to always get in touch with students, but you have to remember he has over 400 students to answer to! So, to me not all the students have a problem that needs to be addressed ASAP! They go back on their words and people don't know that the workers aren't helping you to do nothing! Spending money to teach myself and get cheated out of my money I'm paying to attend they school! I want my records investigated on how much my classes are, how much they are really sending me for attending school for my grants, how much they are sending me from me grant that they are taking out, and whrer is all the funds that's missing going to?

• Tm
    tmmykhl Oct 24, 2013

I had transferred from another school and had 27 credits, Devry only excepted 7. They also charged me 4000 for two classes. They also ripped me off of my refund of 3300. They make you take classes you do not need, charge you twice the amount, and keep all of your grants. After all of this, they had the nerve to send me a bill. Do not go to Devry University online or on campus

• Tm
    tmmykhl Oct 24, 2013

I transferred from another school with 27 credits and Devry only took 7. They charged me 4000 for two classes and they ripped me off of my refund and grants. I am going to lose everything because I used my own money to get my supplies because I was counting on my refund. Do not go to Devry online or on campus. They will only put you in debt and you will not get your degree on top of it.

• Kr
    k rt istina Apr 04, 2014

I too had problems with Devry and the ClasseS are to be around 2400 but yoy end up paying double and they keep the grants. Horrible!!