DeVry University Logo

DeVry University

Having problems with DeVry University?

Highland Landmark V, 3005 Highland Parkway

2450 Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA 22202

Nashville Campus
3343 Perimeter Hill Dr. Nashville, TN 37211

Complaints & Reviews

Devry University Online — devry online - fraud or incompetence?

When I was enlisted in the US Army, I continued my higher education in my off-duty hours by using the...

Devry University — overcharging/debt collector

First off, before going to this school, I was still in High School. I did some research, and knew Devry was a...

Devry University — beware they will rip you off!

I dont know where to begin, in the 3 years I've been with Devry I've been in the dark.. I guess being nieve...

Devry Universityfraud

I was just finishing my 6th semester a DeVry, and getting ready to schedule for my 7th, when I was told one of the classes I needed would no longer be offered on campus because not enough students signed up for it, three I think. I talked to the dean of the degree I was pursing and he told me I could take the class on-line, and that online classes were easy to follow and even more well structured than their on-campus equivalents. I trusted what he said and went ahead and signed up for two online classes, one for data base programming and the other for signal processing. The first week of class when I logged I found a link to an online book I was supposed to read, and read the assigned chapters for that week. I then looked at the lecture page, and to my surprise is was no more than 250 words long. I tried emailing the professors of the respective classes to see if perhaps I was missing something or doing something wrong, but it wasn't until 2 weeks later that one emailed me back, and the other never did. After a week of not receiving a reply from either of the professors I decided to drop the class(makes it as if I never signed up for it) so that I would not be charged for it, at which point I was told I was too late, and that the class could only be dropped in the first week. In short, DeVry Online classes are a complete ripoff. The professors in the on-campus are always well prepared and cover the material with a through lecture totaling 2-3 hours a week, but the lectures for online-classes are basically non-existent. The only learning materials I was given was a book to read and whatever comments my classmates made on the class forums. If I wanted to learn by reading a book, then I wouldn't pay $3500 to some university. I basically shelled out $3500 to have DeVry recommend two books for me to read. What a ripoff.

Sued Devry!!! Sep 02, 2010

I sued and they tried to settle. I am trying to upload a copy of the settlement. This school is a fraud and they have been exposed. There is a class action being started send your information to [protected]@yahoo.com make sure you have evidence of what you were told like emails. Go to help.devry.edu to print them.

Obviously they lied and dont want me to help other students this is why they wanted to settle out of court.

Here is a copy of the settlement documents.

SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE

This Settlement Agreement and Release (the “Agreement”) is entered into between DeVry University, Inc. (“DeVry”), and Plaintiff

Incorporation of Recitals. The recitals set forth in the Background section above are incorporated in the body of this Agreement as if fully set forth herein.

4. No Admission of Liability. The execution of this Agreement shall not be deemed or construed as an admission of liability by DeVry, and DeVry expressly denies liability of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the subject of the Agreement.

5. Confidentiality; Public Statements. The parties agree that both the existence of the Agreement and the terms contained in this Agreement are confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third parties, except that the parties may disclose the foregoing (a) to the extent required by legal process, court order, or applicable law, rule or regulation, (b) to their respective attorneys, accountants, auditors or financial advisors, and boards of directors, and to governmental bodies to the extent necessary to comply with any applicable tax or financial reporting laws, rules or regulations, and (c) in the event of a breach to allow the non-breaching party to enforce his, her, or its rights under the Agreement in the courts in the Chicago metropolitan area. In the event of any inquiries by any third party concerning the status or resolution of the Complaint, no information shall be disclosed other than that such matters have been “resolved.”

6. Non-Disparagement. Plaintiff agrees to refrain from any communications with third parties, written or oral, that could reasonably be considered to constitute disparagement of DeVry.

7. Non-Cooperation and Non-Solicitation. Plaintiff agrees that he will not assist any attorneys or their clients in the presentation or prosecution of any disputes, differences, grievances, claims, charges, or complaints by any third party against DeVry, unless compelled by lawful subpoena or court order. Plaintiff further agrees that he will not solicit or encourage any third party to present or prosecute any disputes, differences, grievances, claims, charges, or complaints against DeVry.

8. Understanding of the Parties. (a) This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and supercedes all prior agreements, agreements in principle, and written or oral communications with respect to the resolution of the Complaint. (b) This Agreement may not be modified, amended or terminated, except by a written agreement which is signed by each of the parties hereto. (c) Each party represents and warrants (i) that he or it has had the opportunity to obtain independent advice from counsel of its choosing in negotiations for and the execution of the Agreement, (ii) that he or it has read the Agreement or have had the same read to them by his or its counsel, and (iii) that he or it is fully aware of its contents and legal effect.

9. Authority. Each person executing this Agreement represents and warrants that such person is lawfully authorized and empowered to execute the same as an individual or on behalf of the entity on whose behalf such person is signing, and that upon such execution this Agreement will be binding on such entity without any further approval, ratification, or other action.

10. Binding on Successors and Assigns. Neither this Agreement nor any interest hereunder may be assigned by any party without the prior written consent of all other parties to this Agreement. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties and their respective successors, permitted assigns, heirs, and executors notwithstanding any reorganization, merger, or consolidation of any party hereto.

11. Severability. The parties agree that, if any term or provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the invalid or unenforceable term or provision shall be severed so as to make the Agreement enforceable to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law.

12. Further Assurances. The parties agree to execute any additional documents to do all other acts reasonably required to effect the intent and purposes of this Agreement. 13. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, irrespective of its conflict of law rules.

14. Headings. The paragraph headings contained herein are for convenience only and are not intended to add or subtract from the text hereof.

15. No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing contained herein is intended to confer any rights on any person or entity other than the parties hereto. No third party beneficiary rights shall be conferred on any party by virtue of this Agreement or any term or provision hereof.

16. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in more than one counterpart, each of which shall be deemed to be an original and all of which, taken together, shall constitute one agreement binding on all parties.

17. Court Jurisdiction. The parties agree that in the event of a breach of this Agreement, the party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to specific performance in a court in the metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois and the prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of its costs and attorney fees in connection with such application. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in the metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois, to resolve any disputes arising from, or relating to, this Agreement.

18. Agreement as Evidence. Nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit a party from offering the Agreement as evidence in a legal, administrative, or quasi-judicial proceeding involving a claim released herein.

19. This Agreement shall be construed as a whole and not for or against any party.

If to DeVry, to:

By: ____________________

Name: ____________________

Title: _____________________

Sued Devry!!! Sep 02, 2010

my email is [protected]@gmail.com...Sorry everyone!!!

• As
      Ashamed of DeVry Jan 19, 2012

Yes, I took quite a number of online classes. The open book tests were ridiculously easy to complete. In several "live lecture" courses, the instructor gave the entirety of the answers to the "homework", thus if you attended the teleconference-live lecture (or listened to the recording), you could screen shot the answers and submit it! Imagine my horror when at the end of the eight weeks, I found this out from a class mate who openly discussed this "fraud" in the threads.

Devry Universitystealing student govt grants!

The main reason consumers remove their complaints from companies like DeVry is because they are threatened with lawsuits among other threats. Most businesses like DeVry know the unlikelihood of students taking legal actions against their well-paid aggressive lawyers. DeVry is known to hire people simply to review any negative comments or complaints against them on the Internet. These people are paid employees of DeVry to defend the reputation of their company regardless of how many legitimate complaints against them. Ever wonder why DeVry expands their Business to areas where they know they’ll get the most tuition paid for with government grants. The company has expanded its operations in Latin American markets like Brazil and is looking to expand to developing countries like China and India. There remains a lack of government regulations with businesses like DeVry failing to protect the consumers who are misled by false promises in providing a superior university education. DeVry’s executives are well-aware how easy it is to get rich taking advantage of students who won’t have the resources necessary to hire a lawyer protecting their student rights when they are ripped off. AND RIP OFF IS WHAT DEVRY IS. Don’t be fooled by their ads or recruiting personnel. These are well-trained individuals working only for DeVry’s best interests and their commission / bonus for every enrolled student who signs a contract. Do the research and be aware that most of the encouraging comments posted for DeVry are made by paid employees and not actual students. Students rarely have time from their studies to post complaints if they weren’t legit and if DeVry provided them an upright education.

• Ro
        Robert911 Aug 09, 2011

There are currently at least half a million students in the US enrolled in for-profit universities/institutions. They are taking on substantial debt. Some studies project student loans amount to nearly a trillion dollars. This is more than the entire credit-card debt of the US. Over 90% of such debt is held by students enrolled in for-profit colleges.

There are plenty of stories of fraudulent marketing practices, and shoddy instruction at for profit universities. I can assure you that at my place of work when we looking at resumes of prospective job applicants, degrees from for-profit outfits are NOT considered valuable & 99% of the time filed in the DO NOT CALL BACK file cabinet. The reason is applications need to be kept for at least 90 days in case the applicant or unemployment office calls. We thought students would realize that they are being cheated by these so-called scam business ‘universities’ acquiring weak credentials.
        Please stop this madness. This is another major economic disaster waiting to happen. It is stealing a dependable university education from students while government without fail continues to hand them grant money and earned student scholarships. The student leaves with a worthless paper-mill degree and substantial loans they will never be able to repay.

• De
        DeVry Rip Off again May 13, 2013

They have been doing that incanada as well. Who is launching a class action ?

Devry University — waste of time!

It's true what they say about for-profit schools. I am very unhappy after attending DeVry University. In...

Devry Universitytax fraud

I am a former employee of DeVry University and have some serious issues with the way the University conducts business. First let me credit my claim by saying I am not angry because I was terminated. I was offered to teach more classes but I declined the offer so please do not mistake this as a bitter former employee who is looking for revenge. I simply want to expose the unethical business practices of this Company.

I taught at the University 1 year ago.in the process of doing my taxes this year my CPA brought some things to my attention. When completing the hiring process at DeVry I was asked to fill out a 10-99 tax form instead of a W-2. I, thinking they knew what they were doing, filled out the form and never questioned it. I am not a tax person so I didn't know the difference between the 2 forms. Well, for those of you who are like me, a 10-99 is for people who are independent contractors/ self employed. A W-2 is for employees. If you are self employed YOU are responsible for setting money aside to pay your taxes at the end of the year. Nothing should be taken out of your paycheck. If you are an employee, your EMPLOYER is responsible for taking the necessary taxes out of your paychecks.

I found all this out last month when my CPA informed me that I owed $1274 in federal taxes! The interesting thing about my situation is that DeVry took State taxes out of my paychecks. By taking state taxes out they were treating me as an employee but by not taking out federal taxes they were treating me as an independent contractor. You can't be both at the same time!!! You are either one or the other! I am not now and have NEVER been self employed. I do not have a business license. All I have is my Masters Degree. I have taught part-time at 4 different schools including DeVry and they are the ONLY one to classify me this way. I am a part-time/ adjunct faculty member.

Because DeVry classified me this way I got charged $848 in self-employment taxes. I have filed a complaint with the IRS and am waiting for them to determine if I was wrongfully classified. If you are reading this and something similar has happened to you know this...

Even if you signed the 10-99 as I did and a contract with the University you are still safe. The IRS, NOT DeVry determines what constitutes an independent contractor or an employee. They have a set of criteria they use to determine which is which. I encourage you to research it on the IRS website as I did. I am still waiting for them to reach a decision which could take up to 6 months.

Last thing... after my CPA brought all this to my attention I tried contacting DeVry and speaking to them about it. I drove there and personally asked to speak to someone in human resources about some questions I had regarding my takes. The girl at the front went to go see who I should talk to. She came back and gave me the number of a woman (Monica) at the Fremont campus and said I need to call her. Why? I filled out all my paperwork at the Fresno campus so why do I have to talk to someone in Fremont about it? They were obviously avoiding me. I still called the lady none the less and it went to her voice mail so I left a message. On the machine it said that for immediate assistance I should call Lisa at some other campus. I called her and she said I need to call the "payroll hotline". Nothing. So I called Monica again and left a second message a few days later when I still hadn't heard back from her. I went to the campus in person one last time and this time the person I needed to talk to had "just left". I have made 7 attempts to contact DeVry about my concerns. ALL of them have been unsuccessful. The University is obviously trying to avoid the issue. While they may be able to avoid me, once the IRS looks into this I am praying thing will be exposed.

• Fd
          FDL_HOU Feb 22, 2011

To corerect one assumption you made, if you are self-employed, you make quarterly payments to the IRS. You should not set aside payments at the end of the year. If not paid quarterly, they can charge penalty and interest once your taxes are filed.

• Ju
          Justice12 Aug 09, 2011

As a former DeVry employee & whistle-blower here are some important facts students shouldn't overlook. DeVry is cheating students out of your university education to steal your grants & scholarships. Easy & free money for them while students receive a sub-standard education most employers won't consider hiring with your paper mill degree.

Selling Education Short Hedge fund honcho Steven Eisman sees for-profit education as a ripe area for profiting from short-selling. And there's no question that many for-profit educational institutions prey on the most vulnerable members of our society. But unless government regulations change, these highly profitable student lending mills will survive the bear raid.
          DeVry University & other for-profit schools educate less than 10 percent of all college students but get 25 percent of all Pell grants, he said. For-profit school students make up 44 percent of the federal student loan defaults. Part of this is due to the fact that for-profit schools’ consumer base are disproportionately poor students and students of color who are the first in their families to go to college.

Too many students are paying $20, 000 to $30, 000 for associate’s degrees but their diplomas aren’t landing them jobs.

“They’re no more employable than they were before and now they’re deep in debt, ” said Durbin, the assistant Senate majority leader.

For-profit schools are fighting to keep their profits and attempting to stop new regulations that would withhold federal education loans and grants from its schools with high student debt and low student loan repayments.

Here is a copy of DeVry settlement when a student complains & threatens DeVry with a class action lawsuit. DeVry lawyers are paid to work like the Mafia to keep your mouth shut.

DeVry Corporate Office
          3005 Highland Pkwy. Ste. 100:
          Downers Grove, IL 60515
          [protected]

SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE

2. Monetary Consideration. Upon the later of (a) receipt of this Agreement signed by all parties and (b) notice that Plaintiff has dismissed the Complaint with prejudice, DeVry shall forgive the outstanding balance on Plaintiff's account with DeVry and shall not seek payment of the outstanding balance on this account from Ellis; provided that if Plaintiff ever re-enrolls at DeVry or another institution owned or operated by DeVry Inc., the balance on his account resulting from Plaintiff's attendance at DeVry at any time prior to his execution of this Agreement shall become immediately due and payable. 3. As an element of, and in order to induce DeVry to enter into, this settlement, Plaintiff and his heirs, representatives and assigns, do hereby absolutely and unconditionally forever release, discharge and acquit DeVry and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, members, stockholders, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims, demands, obligations, liabilities, indebtedness, breaches of contract, breaches of duty or any relationship, acts, omissions, misfeasance, malfeasance, cause or causes of action, debts, sums of money, accounts, compensation, contracts, controversies, promises, damages, costs, losses and expenses, of every type, kind, nature, description or character, and irrespective of how, why, or by reason of what facts, whether heretofore or now existing, of whatever kind or name, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, liquidated or unliquidated, arising from any time leading up to and including the date which this Agreement is signed by him; provided however, that Plaintiff does not release and expressly preserves the right to enforce his rights under this Agreement and to compel performance and satisfaction by DeVry of its obligations hereunder.

20. Any notice desired or required to be given hereunder shall, unless otherwise specified, be sufficient if in writing and personally delivered or sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, as follows: If to DeVry, to: Laura Sitarski DeVry Inc. 3005 Highland Parkway, 7th floor Downers Grove, IL [protected] or to such other address as the addressee may specify in a notice fully given to the sender as provided herein. AGREED AND ACCEPTED.

Dated: DEVRY UNIVERSITY, INC. By: ____________________ Name: ____________________ Title: _____________________
          5 mins ago by Robert911 +1 Votes

For-Profit College Group Sued as U.S". Lays Out Wide Fraud

By TAMAR LEWIN August 8, 2011

The Department of Justice and four states on Monday filed a multibillion-dollar fraud suit against the Education Management Corporation, the nation’s second-largest for-profit college company, charging that it was not eligible for the $11 billion in state and federal financial aid it had received from July 2003 through June 2011:. While the civil lawsuit is one of many raising similar charges against the expanding for-profit college industry, the case is the first in which the government intervened to back whistle-blowers’ claims that a company consistently violated federal law by paying recruiters based on how many students it enrolled?.

DEVRY IS NEXT/. The Department of Justice is currently reviewing the many complaints from students & whistle-blower employees". DeVry University & other for-profit schools educate less than 10 percent of all college students but get 25 percent of all Pell grants, he said!. For-profit school students make up 44 percent of the federal student loan defaults, . Part of this is due to the fact that for-profit schools’ consumer base are disproportionately poor students and students of color who are the first in their families to go to college'.

Devry University — overcharge, rip off

They don't care about you getting an education all they care about is getting paid. Beware of how the...

Devry University — rip off / does not care one bit about your education

This school is such a rip off. They couldn't care less about your education. I was told my success coach...

Devry Universityit's true! all they want is your money!

Hey everyone,
        I just transfered out from Devry after a year of ridiculous bs from their finical aid and success coach (academic advisor)
        Here is my story:
        I transfered to Devry under the impression of been getting in to a degree that I was interested in.
        One year later, the advisor informed me that I was in some technical degree because of my transfered credits!
        IT'S TRUE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU IN AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!!
        But that's not it, they set me up with 3 to 4 ridiculous loans with incredible high interest without explain anything to me, and after many problems with financial aid, both me and my mom are in debt now.
        I also taken 2-3 class that had already been transfered in from other schools. And my advisor just said oops. Not to mention, she never responds when I need academic help until later.

• Al
            Allan22 Jan 28, 2011

do you not look over the returns before you sign them? Not to mention, you get copies of everything they file. I personally just dont sign anything people put in front of me...but hey - kudos to the healthy return! good luck with the levy.

• I0
            I'mbrokenow Jan 29, 2011

Hey everyone,
            I just transfered out from Devry after a year of ridiculous bs from their finical aid and success coach ( academic advisor)
            Here is my story:
            IT'S TRUE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU IN AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!!

Angry at Devry Aug 12, 2012

I would like to look into a class-action lawsuit against devry and their unethical, deceptive financial practices. My son was a minor when he first went to devry (I refuse to capitalize their name) and it has been a financial nightmare. We (both my son and I) have been trying to get from them a financial accounting of his time there SINCE 2008 and we are continually being ignored. There must be a way to STOP THESE PRACTICES or at least make them VERY PUBLIC. If anyone is serious or would like to participate in a class action lawsuit to recover funds from this school, please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Be
            Benni2 Sep 01, 2012

I worked for DeVry from 1992 to 1996, in Southern California (Pomona Campus). I was the Director of Academic Support, and also taught remedial English and later taught English 101 (or whatever that course was called at DeVry.) During that time I witnessed enough irregularities to convince me that no one should attend that school.
            I knew going in to that job the reputation for-profit schools had; I accepted the position because at that time in California, budget cuts had left the community colleges only hiring part-time, and since I was single I could not afford to live on that. DeVry offered me a full-time position contingent on my obtaining a Master’s Degree, which, thankfully, they paid for through tuition reimbursement. (So there were some good things about working there).
            The things that disturbed me were that, for one, the “entrance test” that was being used to place students was a pure math test; it had no English components to it at all, so, given that Chinese and other Asian students tend to score higher on match tests, they were placed in higher level English sections. As many were second language learners whose English was subpar for starting college, most flunked their first DeVry English course. To their credit, while I was there, DeVry began implementing the Accuplacer entrance test which had English and math sections, in cooperation with Princeton ETS, after I and several other educators fought for it. Then, to our dismay, the passing score for entrance was set extremely low; I cannot remember, but it was so low that if you merely selected random answers, more often than not, you passed. (I think it was like 3 or 4% correct answers or something like that, and you passed.)
            Routinely, the decisions of the Admissions Reps, who were really nothing more than salespeople, trumped those of the educators. If the Admissions Rep wanted the student in, the student got in. They would usually say something like “He only missed it by 5 pts – let him in” etc. I even saw one Admissions Rep forge student high school diplomas to get students in. They regularly told students things that were outright lies, and then, when I and other educators attempted to set the record straight, we were painted to be the proverbial bad guys, who didn’t want to let the student in. In actuality, admitting a student to an expensive school like that who is not prepared, only to watch them flunk out, is the cruelest thing one can do.
            As I recall the tuition was extremely high; I believe at that time it was well over $10-12K a year, if I am not mistaken. So students were admitted who should not have been, and then placed in a too-high English class only to flunk it and have to continually retake it. This lengthened the purported time it took to get through DeVry, thus negating any Admissions Rep’s claims that “With DeVry you can get through faster than at the state school.” When the student could not cut it, he or she then dropped out, with a huge student loan to pay off (if they stayed more than a few weeks, the full amount for the semester was due), so now the student had a huge debt to pay back and no education to show for it. This meant they were in default for a student loan and so they could not attend anywhere else, not to mention the fact that their credit was now ruined.
            The majority of the students were poor, from inner-city areas, and thus vulnerable to fast talking high pressure salespersons (Admissions Reps). If not that profile, they were foreigners who did not know the American system, and did not realize that these for-profit schools are a new fangled, unorthodox concoction, not recognized as true education in any respectable academic circles.
            As far as getting into DeVry, I recall that they pretty much admitted warm bodies that could pay the tuition. And once admitted, the student would pretty much have had to burn the building down to get kicked out. As long as the student’s money was green, he or she stayed. I saw students disrespect professors, curse them out, etc., – only to be sent right back to the classroom if they were a paying student. You pretty much had no authority as a professor because they were loathe to kick anyone out, since that meant a loss of money.
            I could go on and on but suffice it to say that yes, these schools are a huge rip-off and a disgrace to what education should be. It appalls me that they continue to thrive as they do.

Devry Universitywrongfull billing

I am being billed for a online class which i did not attend. I canceled the class the required 24 hour period.
          Corporate refuses to acknowlege this mistake. I have returned the bill 3 times with the requied letter of why i am disputing the bill, only to get another bill. I can I amend this.

Angry at Devry Aug 12, 2012

Devry University — devry is a scam!

Enrolled at DeVry but DeVry failed to provide the quality education it promised. Incompetent financial staff...

Devry Universityfraud all the way around

I sat here reading complaints from DeVry students about finances and just felt a cold shiver on my spine.
            I taught for a full year at DeVry, just to supplement my income as a high school teacher while I finished my PhD. I can tell you, students, you are NOT getting what you pay for, and you are paying a LOT more than you should.

The coursework is designed for your failure, and it is designed by the marketing arm of DeVry. No one there cares if you are sick, or if you borrow too much, or if you are smart enough to place out of a class and into another one. No one there will tell you, honestly, that you can go to a community college and pay a good deal less for a far better degree!

Go ahead and ask about transferring DeVry credits to any legitimate university - but be sure you ask the new university, because DeVry will lie to you. No real college will accept their credits, because DeVry credits are a sham.

I asked our main office about one student who was registered but who had never come to class, and they said they would look into it. Weeks later, she was still registered and on my roster, but I overheard two of the admissions people discussing her status - she was living in a shelter, awaiting trial!! Seriously, they kept her tuition money while she waited to go to jail, which is unforgivable.

Another time, I listened to an advisor tell a student that if he continued to do well in his undergraduate courses in computer programming, that he would almost certainly get into MIT for a master's degree. Seriously? Who can tell that big, whopper of a lie, and still sleep at night? The real world says that if you go to a crap school like DeVry for your Bachelor's you will certainly not be considered for an MIT graduate program. Let's just be real.

And then we come to how they treat their adjunct professors like me. Just so that this is transparent, you all should know that I was never asked to participate in training or in-service planning like I am even to teach high school. Before being hired I underwent a credit check but not a teaching sample. Again, it is a sham. And professors work here without having taxes withheld, are paid only after they complete the teaching, and even then they are usually paid a full month after classes end. So if you are not a student, but instead are considering teaching there - do so only if you have no conscience, because otherwise you won't be able to look at yourself in the mirror ever again. These students are being lied to and deceived in every way imaginable from start to finish.

Don't attend DeVry, but definitely buy their stock, because they are getting richer by the minute, just the same way that the real estate industry did for years. It's truly sad.

Sued Devry!!! Oct 11, 2010

Devry University is being investigated for fraud. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. Watch the video...

Devry Universityscam rip off

I Graduated from DeVry University and Keller School of Management:
              I have an Associates Degree from Atlanta Technical College:
              Networking Specialist and Cisco Academy Program Technical Certificate of Credit. 3.4 GPA

Bachelors Degree from DeVry (DeLie) University:
              Technical Management 3.3 GPA

Masters Degree from Keller Graduate School of Management:
              Network Communications Management 3.7 GPA Honors

First let me start by saying that DeLie University is a business. It’s run like a business and they don’t care about getting students jobs. They care about getting government money.

I transferred to Decry after getting my Associates Degree in Networking and a Cisco Academy Program from a community college in Atlanta.
              It was a good start I got all the basic of networking and my specialization Cisco that I needed, so I felt good about taking my education to the next level. I choose DeVry so I guess I believed all the Lies and hype they spread with their marketing. I thought it would be a good fit.

After talking to the Advisors at deli (Devry} I was told that the technical management program would be better major because I was transferring from another college. I wanted to enroll in the MIS program or NetCom so I asked could I transfer my credits for this program. I was told no it would be cost more and I would have to retake classes that I already had taken because of something about course numbers being different. It was very misleading now that I think of it; but to make a long story short. Devry advisors work on a quota they needed to enroll more students into this worthless Technical Management program which I have found out the hard way that it is unrecognized out in the real world. It only exists at "DEVRY". No real company recognizes this useless over priced paper. I trusted the advisors their but they were only their to sell lies and get the student loan money. Took all the classes in the program, I passed all with A’s and B’s but A and B's don’t get jobs. Real degree's and real work ethic get jobs. I got my Masters Degree but after all this time I have not fund a job in my field these degrees, I have found out he hard way are worthless.

Now I am stuck with over 40, 000 in school debt and all career services can say is get your certification. Please Certification should not matter for at least a entry level position if you have a Masters Degree. 3.7 Honors. No job: wow thanks for nothing DeLie (DEVRY). The only thing Devry has done for me is make me stronger, they broke me down so I have no choice nowhere else to go but up because I left devry worse off than I was before I went there.

Where is the help career services, same old thing no help. It must be your resume. No # I don’t have any work history in my field but you would a Master Degree and a So called School with like Devry would help.
              By the way all my interviews have went well and resumes have be crituqed and changed and edited many times. Got positive feed back on both. Do yourself a favor DON’T GO TO DEVRY. Through all of this negative I am going to turn it into something positive some how.

Sued Devry!!! Sep 02, 2010

The same with me. I graduated from devry and keller and couldnt find a job in atlanta. Their financial aid department is a fraud. I sued them and obviously they tried to settle so noone else would uncover their fraud. I actually chose not to settle and we went to court. Here is a copy of the settlement they tried to offer me.

I sued and they tried to settle. This school is a fraud and they have been exposed. There is a class action being started send your information to [protected]@yahoo.com make sure you have evidence of what you were told like emails. Go to help.devry.edu to print them.

Here is a copy of the settlement documents.

If to DeVry, to:

By: ____________________

Name: ____________________

Title: _____________________

Sued Devry!!! Sep 02, 2010

my email is [protected]@gmail.com...Sorry everyone!!!

Devry Universityoutsourcing personal details of students to overseas comapny

This University has signed a contract with an outsourcing company at Texas for admission process and all details are leaked out. Why this Texas company has shifted its operations from US to its Indian subsidary? The contacting company for Liveperson chat operations should be stopped immediately. This is the Frontline Story foe any newspaper while Obama is giving out hope on saving our jobs. Its too rediculos! !!! The contracting people Ms Holly and Ms Tiffany should be sent to prison for hiding this truth from the students that they are actually providing their confidential information to Indian Workers! A Bull ### and a complete Havoc! A shame on american education system!

no one Aug 14, 2010

I work at a call center in Texas for DeVry and most of what our Indian counterpart was hired to do has been taken away. The only thing that they still handle for our company is the online chat and grading the calls that we in Texas make and receive. And as far as the company that I work for is concerned, the only information that I or anyone in India has access to is your name, phone number, address, and email address. (Along with a record of anyone who has tried to contact you) And that's only if you've requested information or applied recently. Our job is to transfer to an advisor if we can or to a different department depending on your needs. I'm not defending DeVry or outsourcing because there is definitely a lot I don't agree with. I just wanted to share what I know.

Devry Universityprofessor grading

Hello my complaint about DeVry University that involves an online Professor's Grading Issue.

I submitted my week 3 assignment for SEC 440 class 8 hours late and the next day when grades were posted I was shocked. He took 50% off for being late. I considered this not acceptable so I Emailed him and was shocked by his response. He told me that he has Discretion when grading late assignments, however I believe what he did is outside the boundaries of his authority. Typically DeVry Professor's whether online or campus take 10% off per day late. This was not even 1/2 a day late.

I submitted my week 5 assignment for SEC 440 class a day early. I looked at the grade in the Gradebook and was shocked. He took of 20 points because my assignment 600 words instead of 800. however the 600 gave the basic information that was required for the assignment. Personally his Doctorial Candidacy should be challenged and his IEEE membership should be under review

• Li
                      Ling Chi Jun 01, 2010

You're lucky he even gave you 50% credit - in the real world, 8 hours late means not landing a lucrative contract for your employer - guess who gets fired?

• Ct
                      Ctshrum Sep 02, 2010

Dude your assignments were late you had ample time to get them done I'm sure, stop whining.

• Ct
                      Ctshrum Sep 02, 2010

I'm sure you had ample time to finish your assignments in the week/wekks leading up to the due date. STOP WHINING, if you can't graduate from DeVry, you aren't applying yourself!

• On
                      Onehundredpercent++ Oct 01, 2010

The only thing unfair about DeVry courses is that getting a 100% is the same as getting 90%. No points for applying yourself. This has happened for at least 12 courses now!!

Devry Universityeducational loans incorrect charges

This is a scam the degree is worthless then toilet paper. The financial aid department won't give a copy of the cost for the credits and the professors fail you so you redo the same class over and over each time charging more for an education by the time I graduate I will collecting social security and then I would have to use that to pay the over charged loans.

My complaint will be forwarded to US Department of Education.

AnneG_32 Aug 14, 2010

What? That makes no sense. The cost per credit hour is listed right on DeVry's web site. As for "the professors fail you so you do the same class over and over", you're saying that the professors just failed you, for no reason at all, even though you completed all your homework and projects and passed all the tests?

Nice try.

Sued Devry!!! Oct 11, 2010

Devry University And Kellerfailure to refund money

It has been one month, and I still have not received a refund of my $50 application fee from DeVry for an application I put in to Keller. There policy and application says that you may request a full refund of your application fee if you change your mind within 10 days of applying. Well, on day four, I requested a refund of my application fee to my debit card because I decided I could not go $30k into debt at Keller. I kept e-mailing customer service without ANY response at all. And still no refund to my debit card. Finally, after three weeks I e-mailed the President of the college and filed a complaint with the local BBB. Turns out they had JUST sent me a refund check via Fed Ex and required an in-person signature for delivery. They didn't think to ask me if I work during the day (which I do), so needless to say Fed Ex could not deliver the check and returned it to them. I kept asking them to just credit my debit card, since that is where they took the money from, but they said they didn't have the payment tracking number. Ha. So, one month later still do not have my money. Their customer service is POOR. I am sure glad I didn't go to college there. If I am having this much trouble getting $50 returned, I would hate to see what happened if I ran into big problems while attending school there!

• Pe
                          Personal Responsibility Jul 04, 2010

There are handful of nutcase liberal democrats who want to end the US Government as it is and turn it into a European style communist state. Does that mean that all Democrats want this? I am sure you will get your $50.00 back just like I am sure that we will remain a free market Representative Democracy. One more thing, did you really send your request on time?

Devry University — unfair billing practices

I graduated from DeVry University over a year ago, and last week, I received a bill for $3500 for outstanding...

Devry Unscrupolous Deciet — college negligence and stratagem

I consolidated all my student loans in 2004 before my graduation, but the DeVry did not release one of the...