Menu

reviews & complaints

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Complaints Summary

5 Resolved
50 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] complaints 55

Sort by:

Newest Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] reviews & complaints

M
6:42 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Ankle boots

Nov 20,2023.

Item received was not what I had ordered. There was no invoice or return label.

Spoke to associate who verified wrong item had been sent. I requested that a return be sent to me. I was informed that this a return would have to be sent via e-mail. for health reasons I cannot leave my home. I fell that return labels should be mailed along with your order. I have been a long time customer and have enjoyed the DSW deals, but have decided to terminate my membership. And canceled my order.

Respectfully,

M .Nichols

Desired outcome: All I wanted was a Return Label.

E
9:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Order boots online to be delivered to store and did not receive

My account has been billed for the amount of $97.53 for boots I did not receive.

I have waited nearly 2 months for my account to be credited back and to no avail, it has not been credited back.

No way, to conduct business!

Transaction ID

$97.53

Total

$97.53

Claimed loss: $97,53

Desired outcome: My paypal account credited back the $97.53, invoice #[protected]

G
4:52 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Heavily soiled bbots. You failed to send refund labels.

sent to your Westampton address on 10/23/23. tracking number; [protected]. amount or return charged to my visa credit card number; [protected]. I am very concerned about your declining service as it has always been excellent. Please send me a check or credit my card. I had to return the boots using Fed Ex because you failed to include return shipping labels as you always dis in the past. I am disappointed. It was also an inconvenience for me to do this return. I have all of the transaction information as proof if you need it.

Genevieve Schaefer

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: refund

Hide full review

Is Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 9% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW]. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Dsw.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Dsw.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW], is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 9% of 55 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW]'s website has revealed that it is not properly optimized for search engines. This could be a red flag indicating that the company is attempting to hide its activities from the public.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW]. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
M
2:12 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Shoes Ordered

Ordered the shoes. Received email 3-4 days later saying DSW was "still' working on my order.

Customer service refused to cancel my orer.

DSW could not get me my shoes on time. Now I have no shoes, and DSW took my money

VERY POOR DECISION MAKING

The shoes ARE going back for a full refund. I did buy an additional pair of shoes of which I am in no hurry. I will accept that pair, but that was the LAST order I ever place w DSW

re: Order #[protected]

Unsatisfied

Desired outcome: Full refund

5:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought brooks shoes in march, 2022. Put them in the closet and never wore them. I took them to a dsw store with the original receipt and tried to return them for store credit. They gave me a slip from"the retail equation.com" with a a transaction id. But refused to return the shoes due to the time frame. I contact rar and filed a complaint. My request...

B
5:03 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Return of boots without correct refund

Order [protected] 11/29/22 Recd msg $50.24 of the $84.99 will be refunded appealed this on 1/3/23, recd msg add'l $17.69 would be refunded and a CREDIT OF $20 ON MY ACCOUNT. Expld 3 times do not want "credit" want my full refund. Refund policy states a charge of $8.50 shipping will be charged. Meaning I am still owed $11.50. I will acquiesce to the policy so take the $8.50 our of my "credit"

copy/paste your own policy

WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?

Other than merchandise marked as FINAL SALE, you may return merchandise at a U.S. DSW store or at dsw.com for any reason within 90 days of the original purchase date. Returns must be unworn and undamaged with the original receipt or packing slip to receive a full refund via your original form of payment (including PayPal).*

Returns made without the original sales receipt or pack slip must be returned using a valid ID and will receive a merchandise credit that is equal to the current selling price. DSW may limit the number of returns permitted without an original sales receipt or shipping invoice.

Returns with a gift receipt will be issued as a merchandise credit or even exchange. If returned or exchanged at dsw.com, any funds credited will be automatically issued on the original form of payment.

Returns purchased with any DSW Rewards or offers will be refunded only the final purchase price. Rewards and offers will not be reissued or recredited, except for exchanges made on the same day of purchase.

Please allow 7-10 business days once we receive the product to process your return and credit any funds on your original form of payment.

DSW Reserves the right to limit returns or exchanges regardless of the receipt.

IS THERE A RETURN FEE?

For DSW Gold or Elite members, return shipping is free. For all other customers, if you use our pre-paid return label, the costs of return shipping is $8.50 for any number of items and will be deducted from your refund.

Desired outcome: refund me $11.50 as per your refund policy.

J
8:06 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Charged Several Times

I placed an online order with DSW and was charged once a week after placing the order. The next day, my card was charged again. I contacted a representative and they claimed that there was a single hold (the original charge) on my account. However, my bank processed it as two CHARGES and forced my checking account to overdraft. I was refunded the next day for the second charge. Today, a THIRD charge popped up on my account. DSW is keeping me from accessing my funds due to overcharging. They claim it's a hold, but there should not be two holds for the full purchase price of a single order.

V
3:06 am EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Very rude and unwelcoming staff

On 20 May 22 I entered the DSW store about 3:30 on bridge street in Huntsville AL and was amazed to see ALL the employees wearing masks 😷 I commented to one of the young female employees that " I could not see her nice smile and asked why she is still wearing a mask...". She stood up immediately in an erect and annoyed stance and through her visible frown lines she paused and said, " ... because I CAN!".

I told her it was setting a bad example and actually was unhealthy and that I used to wear a real mask as an Air Force firefighter.

Upon leaving the store about 5 min later I saw one of the 2 young female employees I was talking to earlier complaining to their black female manager that I was " weird " and they all seemed very annoyed. They were talking so loud that bit only did I hear it but it was within earshot of many other customers I interjected into their conversation about me and said " actually it's very weird at this point in time to require all four employees not to have a choice and be muzzled like slaves. ".. all the manager could say is " have a nice day ( in a very sarcastic tone). She wouldn't answer any of my questions about why she required her employees to breathe their own carbon dioxide through their Bacteria sponges.

I have be a loyal customer for decades going fan to when I lived in Dallas in the late 90s. I shopped at the one on Phoenix when I lived in Scottsdale AZ.

I am a combat veteran and have never been treated so rudely and targeted like I was in that store. Not only was it an awful first impression of what I used to consider a great store but it represents to me an authoritarian manager who is trying to control her employees rather than lead them.

At this point in time there is no mandate and it is not a hospital or health clinic. Your are violating the ADA since all deaf customers and most children will not be able to read lips or see or understand facial expressions. You are leaving your corporation open to big lawsuits and setting a very bad example of moving on gem the pandemic and also detracting from customer service where smiles and facial gestures are essential to providing superior customer service.

I received very poor customer service and am not sure I will ever be able to feel comfortable at this store even though it's right near my house. I sincerely hope that this matter receives the highest level of scrutiny and followup

Desired outcome: Reprimand of the manager and relinquishment of the obsolete and unhealthy requirement of wearing a mask. Van Berry [protected]. Text is best

B
7:09 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Kept product!

I returned two pair of boots on 3-6-22 at 2:15 pm, to the Southfield store. I made an error in leaving an item I had purchased from MAC cosmetics worth $20 in the Boot box returned to DSW. Although, I made the error in leaving the MAC item in the boot box I returned, the salesperson should have contacted me to return my item. How can a salesperson be so untrustworthy by "keeping" a product that does not belong to her? That says a lot about the salesperson's character: if she is untrustworthy to a customer, I assume that she is untrustworthy as an employee of DWS. I use the word untrustworthy when speaking on the DSW salesperson, because had she been trusting she would have contacted me (my information from return DSW merchandise) to return my MAC items. I had all my returns in the boot box, but actually forgot to take the MAC item out the boot box before leaving DSW store. By the time I reached Macy's to return the MAC item, it was too late to call DSW to inquire about the MAC item.

Items returned: Y119994464 and Y119994476

Desired outcome: I am hoping this salesperson is honest enough to return my MAC merchandise.

R
4:23 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] DSW horrible online service

I ordered 2 mens size 10 adidas's with a hundred gift card December 13. Two days later I got my order a baby size 10 after reviewing my order I noticed the other shoe would go to my nearest store. After calling worst wait time 97 minutes I was told a new order was placed but the one going to the store could not be changed. Finally a week later I called the store to see if they have my shoe . After about 10 minutes the store staff Justin nice guy tell's me they sent Nike instead of the adidas's that the packing slip included says. And to make things worse I'm charged an extra $23. For a process fee. Had it not been a DSW gift card I would have asked for a refund. These guys are just putting any thing in a box and sending it out. So I still don't have my shoes and know they owe me money $23. My total was $144 it changed to $167 minus the $100 gift card. Customer service is horrible because the calls are out sourced. Never ever ever again 👎🏼. Don't buy online from DSW. Pass this message to your friends and family and tell them to pass it on.

C
8:04 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Order Wasn't Placed Online

I ordered 4 pairs of shoes online on 7/29 with a $30 off $50 offer code.

On 8/3, I'm wondering if they've shipped and I have no confirmation in my email. So I go to the site and all the shoes are still in my cart! 2 of the 4 are sold out and the offer code is expired! I really wanted all 4 pairs for $109. That literally made my week. I am suspicious of too good to be true deals but I was upset regardless.

So I sent an email to Customer Service, in tears, told them what happened, and they told me the order wasn't placed because one of the pairs of shoes was an excluded brand! No notification at time of transaction, no follow up email, nothing.

So as consolation they told me to "favorite" the shoes, and I would receive an email when they would be back in stock (at full price). Although, that's not really going to happen because technically they are in stock, they're just not in my size. Then, they credited me 50 "loyalty points, " a monetary value of $2.50. What the actual. I was only 1 day late for the $30 off! Never have I contacted Customer Service, and then felt even worse about the poor service that was received.

Now, I'm extremely disappointed and I am not planning on shopping at DSW ever again.

Desired outcome: Give me $30 credit, and tell me once those shoes come back in stock in my size.

D
11:42 am EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Unfair/Inconsistant Pricing Methods

Last night, in the Braintree, MA Store, I purchased a pair for MIA Lunna BLK sandals for $49.99. Today, I went on-line to see if they came in any other colors and the price on-line for the "exact same style#/color sandal" was $10.00 less?

This feels like fraud, as it is the "exact same shoe", same style/same color? Have been a big fan of DSW for over 15 ++years! Not so now? Are you messing around with customers; hoping they are too naive to "catch this"?

I have been a very solid customer of yours; ( both my mother and I) but now, I can't think of a worse way to destroy your reputation. Maybe due to pandamic etc., that you are trying to screw customers to make up for losses. Not great customer service!

Desired outcome: Charge customers the same pricee for buying the same shoe regardless if it is on-line of in the store. Would like a refund of the $10 extra I paid.

A
5:54 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Unethical and irresponsible business

Package from DSW lost by FedEx. FedEx did NOT get a signature from me for both of my orders and left my packages without a signature. One of my packages was lost and DSW will not send a replacement or offer a refund. DSW claims no responsibility and deflects all responsibility. This is a horrible customer experience and I am appalled by DSW's lack of responsibility or care for their customers.

Desired outcome: Refund

T
3:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi I'm a frequent shopper at dsw, I purchased a pair of sneakers for my granddaughter on nov 19 through Afterpay. I went to my local dsw store last week to see why my order is still processing. I was told to give it some time. I went to dsw today to speak with the manager, first she was very dismissive, she told me to contact Afterpay for my refund. She...

C
3:51 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] Coupons stating 60.00 dollars off of 199.00

I received on Oct 3, 2020 a coupon stating that 60.00 off in 199.00 excluding Nike. I bought 2 pairs of Brooks athletic shoes. I was told I could not use the coupon. That Brooks could not be used. No where did it state that Brooks were excluded. I don't understand why DSW would send false advertisement out. I attached photos of the coupon.

View 0 more photos
K
7:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I visited the DSW store located in Fairview Heights, IL. JUNE 25th. 2020, first time shopper. I found two pairs of shoes for my son's upcoming wedding. As I was standing in line to checkout, I was motioned to checkout in another check out lane. During the sales transaction a problem occurred, I was than told to check out in another lane. On July 2nd. it wa...

A
8:01 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] no refund

I ordered a pair of sandals online. When I called customer service to see what was taking so long for the shoes to be delivered, I was in formed that they went to the wrong address. The representative at that time was nice and said he was going to have a pair of sandals come out to me ASAP. They arrived and of course were to small. Went in store to return them and was told it was goin to take 7-10 business days for the money to return to the account. The time went by and still did not receive the refund. Called customer service again and they said no prob the money will be refunded within 3 days. What do you know 3 days goes by and again no refund. I called customer service again and wanted to speak to a supervisor in which I told him the entire story. He could care a less and told me he could not help me unless the first original pair of shoes that were sent to the wrong place were returned. I told him well how was I suppose to do that when they went to the wrong place and I told him I returned the pair that came to me. After a long heated discussion with this rude, incompetent individual he accused me of the entire situation and told me I was responsible for paying for sandals that were delivered to the wrong place cause he believed I still had them and wanted the shoes plus the money. I never in my life experienced this insane issue and I am most deffinately disappointed. I will fight until I get some type of compensation for the $40 I lost for there mistake.

S
9:06 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] dsw vip my perks

I'm a VIP rewards customer which means that we get discounts and items first before they actually on sale. I purchased shoes and qualified for a perks item, I chose a Kelly and Kate bag, but when my items arrived there was no bag so I contact DSW and they apologized and stated they were out of the bag. So no substitution was made for the on their end. I should have learned then, but I didn't. Another perk was offered for the VIP Perks customer, this time I chose the free duffel bag. I made this purchase on the phone with a representative with the understanding that I would received the duffel bag with the shoes. I received the shoes and no duffel bag. I called DSW again and got the same response "we're sorry we appear to be all out of the duffel bags" So instead of keeping their customers happy, they have just alienated another customer. I believe that companies should try to keep their customer happy that way they will be loyal customers. Bottom line is that I am returning all four pairs of shoes I ordered and will never shop DSW again. They can keep their rewards.

J
8:47 pm EDT

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] unethical behavior

I was terminated even though I was the one bullied by other associates.

They stated I aggressively asked a fellow co-worker to stop hitting me with her mesh bag. I wasn't angry nor trying to be aggressive. I was just being firm that it was pestering me and it'll take a lil' bit of consideration for it not to happen.

Seems the employee went and stated that I was in the wrong and that I wasn't respectful and courteous to them, when in fact they weren't being courteous to me by hitting me with her mesh bag that if she was courteous just like I am, that mesh bag wouldn't be hitting anybody.

So I got bullied out of a position that I loved. It's more than a job, it's a career for me. They just soiled my name and assisted bullying behavior by firing me. Yet all I did was show respect and courtesy to all my co-workers and customers and I was denied that from my fellow co-workers and management turned a blind eye.

D
9:24 pm EST

Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] missed marked item

I found of matisse boots at the bartow avenue / baychester avenue, bronx location that were in the clearance section with 30% off bring the price to appx. $54. I was told although missed marked I would be required to pay half of the original price (50% off) of $260. The manager malissa and the cashier whom I filmed an made them aware I would be posting this to facebook for the world to see. I believe the consumer law says if its missed marked then the customer gets the item at that price. Dsw does not value the return of their customers, my time spent choosing a comfortable boot but however they love our money. Shame on you dsw for the worst customer service i've ever experienced. Even the airlines make a mistake they compensate their customers an generate way more money than dsw.! I will never darken any dsw store ever again an keep my business where i'm appreciated like nostroms, ninewest, soho or online where their policy is to keep their customers satisfied. That area is busy in co-op city of the bronx an news like this can get the community to boycott an [censored] you down. Never ever again. I'm so appalled. Next complaint is to the better business bureau an again I videoed the entire response of the manager, cashier. Stop treat your customers like crap. No us no dsw.

Read full review of Designer Shoe Warehouse [DSW] and 1 comment