DSW Shoesdouble charges on credit card

M

I ordered two pairs of shoes from DSW. They debited my account with the full purchase price. Three days later, they debited my account again with a charge for one of the pairs of shoes. I called to ask why and I was told by Becca, a customer service supervisor, that the original charge was just an authorization hold because DSW does not actually charge the account until after an item ships. Since the items were being shipped from two different places, each item would be charged separately and the original total amount will "drop off" my account. Now my account is overdrawn. I told her that the total amount and the amount of one of the items was debited from my account, and therefore deducted from account balance, which has overdrawn my account. I did not authorize DSW to debit my account more than once, and I was not told at the time of purchase that they would have to access my bank account more than once. Becca offered to speak to my bank, but I have already resolved the issue with them. Basically I have to wait for all of the charges to process in order for my account to show a corrected balance. In the meantime my account shows as being overdrawn and I do not have access to the money that DSW has now twice deducted from it. I was not offered any compensation except for Becca offering to speak to my bank, and I already handled that. So I cancelled the second pair of shoes. Becca said that she cancelled the order, but that she couldn't guarantee that they would not be shipped since the order had been processed. I told her that I do not want DSW to access my account anymore. Remember that they will charge my account for a third time when the second pair of shoes ships. I consider DSW accessing my bank account without my permission as stealing. Customers should be told at the time of purchase about DSW's policy of accessing a customer's account more than once, and not have to find out the hard way.

Joyce Montgomery May 08, 2021

I just had the same experience with DSW. They charged my account for the total amount and then charged me two additional times for each shipment. After calling customer service I was informed that this is standard procedure and that on Thursday ( today is Saturday) the amount would be refunded to my account. Not acceptable. I’m contacting my representative.