David's BridalMy never worn wedding gown has stains on it!!!

I just took my David's Bridal wedding gown to my local tailor today to have it fitted--I have had it for awhile brand new in its bag, and am getting married in September. Well, I put it on today at the tailor shop and step out and one of my bridesmaids says 'um...there's stains on your dress'. So she and I and my mother and my maid of honor all look and sure enough, there are yellow spots on my gown. He immediately says 'Did you get this dress at David's Bridal' and I said yes and he said they were oil stains from the machines they use to make their dresses. I asked 'Can they be fixed?' and he said he would send it out to have it cleaned and did not seem concerned (he's this little Italian gentleman who has been doing this forever, so I trust him "We take car eof this for you" he said). But I am absolutely HORRIFIED. And when I tried to go on David's website to send a letter of complaint I discovered there is no way to do so. And I know if I call the store and ask to speak to the manager they'll just hang up on me. Seriously, if you're getting married, shop somewhere else. I absolutely love my gown but I cannot believe this. Also, when he was pinning and marking my hem, he discovered the bottom of my gown is horribly uneven...fortunately that can be easily remedied. But thank god we spotted it before sending it to be pressed because then the stains would have been set!

Anonymous Aug 01, 2009

I work there in the back, and I have NEVER heard of this happening. I advise every single bride to keep their gown in a cool, dark place free of sunlight and moisture. Yellow spots result from exposure to sunlight and warmth. This most likely isn't DB's fault.