Dairy Queenpraying to the porcelain god after cake

U

Mr. Kummer, my mother, Angela, forwarded your email, addressed to my sister, Samantha, to me.

When we were children, my grandmother and Grandfather used to drive from out of state to pick up my brother, sister and I so that we could spend some of our summer vacation with them. Being children, we could never wait until half way through the trip because they would always stop at Dairy Queen to get us a treat, and so they could rest a bit. We loved it. Over the years I have taken my children to DQ and paid the higher prices because of the nostalgic memories I have of going to DQ as a child. Unfortunately, because of the literal and figurative bad taste this has left in my mouth, this will no longer be the case.

I am contacting you to say that we are very disappointed in your establishment.

The Elderly woman you refer to is my grandmother. She has gone to Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cake for all of our birthdays ever since she tried one about 2 years ago. She loves them, says she has never had anything so good.

All of this is why the moldy cake and rude treatment has come as such a great disappointment to her.

I understand that ice cream will not mold in the freezer. It was not the ice cream that was moldy, it was the crumbly cookie in the center. I also understand that the cookie portion probably did not mold in the freezer, it is my opinion that it was foul when it was used to make the cake.

This may not have been noticed when the cake was made because the odor was faint until you got a bite close to your nose. It was not visibly moldy, but there was a very pungent moldy flavor.

In your email you stated that you and your staff enjoyed eating the cake we returned. I hope that you are all feeling well. My husband ate a few bites before he got to a portion of the cake that had the foul flavor. It wasn't long after that and he started feeling a little sick. After the short, cakeless festivities, I took him home and he was feeling worse. Shortly after, he was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain god. About an hour after he had evacuated the entire contents of his stomach, he felt much better.

The birthday cake was in fact beautifully decorated and went straight into the freezer after a 10 minute trip from your DQ to my grandmothers house. It was in her deep freeze for about 3 days.

The center could not have molded from being out of the freezer, the entire cake would have melted in the time it would have taken for that to happen.

A gift certificate in the amount of our purchase is in fact a gesture of good will and is appreciated, but, this did us no good in the celebrations of the day. We were not willing to take the chance that the same batch of cookie center might have been used in one of these cakes made so close to the same time.

I am glad to hear that the employee has been disciplined for the rude behavior and that you will continue to train and re-train your employees in customer service. The same with the sanitation issues we described.

I have a hard time understanding why you agree with the sanitation issues but disagree about the state of the birthday cake.

Best Regards,
Kerri & Jim, Josh, Anna, Angela, Samantha, Tim, Margie, Harry, Jody, Randy, Tony, Candice

• Updated by chase clem · Jul 09, 2017

Her name was misty

• Updated by Moose24 · Jun 29, 2018

This place sucks

• Updated by Raiyan · Aug 29, 2018

I like eggs within a cake. Same vegan but with egg yolks * quinoa flour.
    For employment hope to see Dairy queen search for more trangendred female e mployeers. I was targeted & fired just because I was two spirited expressions. Hope to see more gendre inlcusiveness with X tended vacation benefits march break 4 months within quebec, Canada & paid sick leave benifits for students etc applying part time @ Dairy Queen.

• Updated by Shambriah Lifestyle · Jul 07, 2019

Carrie The manager of the location ‭+[protected]‬

• Updated by tami carlson · Aug 11, 2019

The buns were soggy on hamburgers and chicken sandwiches and I believe we were overcharged. Tried calling the store twice when we got home but no one answered.

• Ba
    bafbman Nov 24, 2019

Served nasty, bruised bananas on my banana split. Yuck! When questioned, told that all thier bananas were like that. Thats all they had.

• Ci
    Cindy** Oct 28, 2019

Very disappointed on the box of buster bars that was purchased on the 20th of October . I've had my share of those treats and it wasn't even close to a buster bar looked more like a dipped icecream cone with a few peanuts. Thank you C.Cormier.

• Gh
    Ghislain blais Oct 19, 2019

I am sick and tired of your stupid Commercial with that couple and their daughter sitting at the table and the daughter saying your daughter while those 2 stupid parents mouching at the table it stupid and it sucks please change that till then I won't go to your restaurant till it change

• Gr
    G.R.Powell Oct 01, 2019

I went to D/Q in (Montgomery) Calgary AB and they had customers drinking coffee while other customers waited outside till 10:00 A.M. " What is Good for the Goose is also Good for the Gander!"

Jasmine Coffey Sep 24, 2019

I ordered a large pumpkin pie blizzard. I got 1/4 way down and it was all vanilla ice cream! Some ingredients were on top and not mixed throughout. It's a pricey item and will not be ordering it again if it's made with miniml ingredients. Very disappointing! Store location is 918 West Illinois Ave, Aurora Illinois 60506.

• Su
    Sue Talbott Sep 17, 2019

I ordered one egg. I received 2 very well done and black bacon 2.5 pieces. I got charged almost 4.00 for one egg, order of bacon, 1 hashbrown. The only thing I could eat was hashbrown. I used to eat there everyday but today was not edible. I wish I had taken photo of but already put in waste can.

• Ow
    owlnest Sep 02, 2019

Why cant I get a fresh cooked burger that is not overdone and dried out; I really miss the Dairy Queen of old in Rome New York. I loved the fresh cooked pink center burgers
    just outside the main gate at Griffis Air Force Base. The only response I get from several Dairy Queens in upstate New York is WE ONLY DO WELL DONE!

Sincerely,
    Gary J Plano

• Ta
    tami carlson Aug 17, 2019

Chicken sandwich combo

Ordered the chicken sandwich combo with a Mr Misty Freeze. The freeze machine was broken so I ordered a root beer and didn't receive the drink. This was at the Centerville Minnesota store.

• Bi
    Bizchique Jul 27, 2019

Sadly there appears to be very poor staff training at DQ in Edmonton (4939 167 ave). Everyone in line had mistakes with their order. Personally, I'm upset that my Blizzard came with no toppings in it. Incompetence at its finest. Tried calling to complain, clearly answering the phone is too much of a challenge as well. We will not be returning.

Shambriah Lifestyle Jul 13, 2019

Location 4907 Old Seguin Rd, San Antonio, TX 78219 very upset the coupon was not expired. Never will I come back to DQ or recommend it to anyone.

• Ca
    Carol McGovern Jun 19, 2019

Go weekly, 3 to 4 people, each time. Use to be able to complete survey for each receipt for free Dilly bar. Now can only do 1 per 15 days!!! What's changed??? When you have a promotion, why is it so limited?
    Carol McGovern Marrero Louisiana, [email protected]

sheri clifford Jun 18, 2019

i bought a round size cake and received no coupon for another. I phoned the store and they said only when the manager brings them in. I have been buying cakes for many years and have never not received one. my name is sheri Clifford 545 the west mall apt 911 in Etobicoke, m9c1g6. maybe you guys can send me one in the mail.

• Yo
    Yolanda mata May 07, 2019

Pedi una banana split sin chocolante y dos veces la regrese.
    Despues pedí un blizzard y medio el que el queria y el mánager encargado fue descortes

• De
    denise49 Apr 21, 2019

I visited the Dairy Queen in Lees Summit, MO on Saturday 04/13/19. I was sitting in the dining area and noticed a huge cockroach in the middle of the dining area floor. Which is really gross when you are trying to eat. Which also means there are several nearby!!! I did bring it to an employees attention, but he acted like he didn't care.

• La
    labcorp Apr 21, 2019

my sister and i went thur your drive thur the other day 0n 4-7-19 the food was cold and terriable and the pretzel did not taste good the ticket number was 0121 the total cost of the bill was 13.45 do something about it

MarieKondo Apr 15, 2019

When I ordered today @ 9:52 pm, Tuesday, April 9th, there is this lady who took my order and doesn't know how to understand me and when I called to complain to the owner, he answered and threatened me that he is going to disconnect my phone; that, I was a piece of [censored] and to never go to his store again.

• Ze
    zerka Jan 22, 2019

I bought a cake for my son birthday it is his 21 years i usually i buy the cake we love the ice cream cake we start cutting the cake and we found this long hair build into the ice cream cake i could not eat it it was so it was so gross disgusting i usually buy the cake but I am not going to do that again

• Br
    Bran78 Nov 05, 2018

Ordered 3 chicken dinners on way to work recieved wrong order called spoke to manager and was told if i could not bring back food at that time was nothing they could do. I was at work and could not leave

Jonathon Hiron Nov 05, 2018

Small blizzard is 3.49 a small sundae is 3.49 but when i order 6or7 dollar meal deals i got to pay an extra dollar for the blizzard! How come we eat at Dairy Queen usually 2 or 3 times a month as a familly of 6 and its almost as expensive as eating in a restaurant and your portion sizes seem smaller! anyways thanks and have a nice day !!

• Ha
    Haliexx3 Nov 04, 2018

I sat at the drive thru speaker for 5 minutes and no one spoke through so I pulled up to the window and there was no one to be seen inside. It is 5:50 pm and this location is open until 9. This isn't the first time i've had problems finding employees to service me at this location.

• Wh
    What not worth the money Nov 01, 2018

I stopped with my family and ordered our favorite blizzards. They were not mixed at all nor did we know what blizzards were what. Very disappointed with service and food

• De
    dennis h downs Oct 28, 2018

I ordered my lunch, was all good until I found a 7-8 " hair in my fries as I was rating, not very pleasant.maybe hair nets and hats should be needed.thanks dennis

• Ro
    Robbin Rodney Hannah Oct 23, 2018

The dairy queen in Magee, Ms is so nasty ..Their are fly a every where all on the tables.. Teenagers standing around talking, which they could have cleaned the tables, sweeped the floor where there was food, picked up napkins off the floor... My daughters ate there today and the food was horrible...

Marciamos Oct 23, 2018

Are you serious. Asked for whipped cream and they charged us .50. and this is what I got. Almost sent it back. Truly unhappy experience.

• Pa
    Paul Eugene Speer Oct 23, 2018

I live in Pana Illinois. Me and my wife and kids love to go to Dairy Queen. My wife likes the watermelon slushie freeze and cotton candy blizzards. For over a month they have been out of watermelon flavor. And tonight being our anniversary night I wanted to surprise her with a cotton candy blizzard also out of stock... very upsetting!!!

• Jk
    Jknaub12 Oct 23, 2018

After seeing advertisment on TV about the $5.00 meals took the family for dinner and come to find out that it only is available from 11 am to 4 pm. Either you need to change your commercials on TV or have $5.00 meals all day.

• My
    myself❤🤙🏼 Oct 23, 2018

my mother was trying to make a suggestion about the hours paper on the door, some workers started having an attitude with her. a pregnant worker walked over when she had no being in their conversation, and started giving her an unnecessary attitude then walked away rolling her eyes and throwing her fist.

Shannon89 Oct 22, 2018

The blizzard me and my friend got we asked for extra stuff and it's not really mixed well like all the stuff on top and nothing on bottom . Was very dissatisfied and I won't be paying 8 dollars for two if it can't be mixed all the way through

Jodi74 Oct 22, 2018

Is it mandatory for a DQ restaurant to give out the coupons if you don't want the ice cream right away??? We have been to many DQ and I went to the one in Summerland B. C and they don't give them out and the other two DQ the Manger owns doesn't either. So now we have to drive Penticton which is 15mins away. I think it's unfair thanks

• Gw
    G wash Oct 22, 2018

My wife and I ordered two Banana splits, we dined inside when we returned to the table with our order the ice cream was already melted in the cup. Wow shouldn't we have gotten a malt with a straw

• Rj
    Rjtgibbs Oct 22, 2018

When visiting the Lafayette DQthis evening we ordered three new salted caramel blonde blizzards via the drive thru. Upon returning home we realized we received three heath bar blizzards. Very disappointed.

• Al
    Alex69 Oct 22, 2018

I went to the the DQ in Ravenswood WV and ordered a kid sized vanilla cone, but the server had a hard time understanding what that meant. She assumed that I was trying to order a small cone, and when I tried to correct the mistake, she still didn't get it. I'm not sure why this was so difficult when kid sizes are clearly spelled out on the menu.

• Ct
    cthweatt138 Oct 22, 2018

Kelsey at the Virginia Ave Dairy Queen in Lexington Ky was very rude. I asked for a plain cheeseburger and she rudely asked what I wanted on it. Then, I got to the window and she didn't say a word to me other than the amount I owed. I got my food and the fries were literally hard as a rock. The service was awful as well as the food.

• Ka
    Kat Houston Oct 21, 2018

I think it is ridiculous that this product is only available for one month of the summer. You should make this available to customers year round! It is the only thing I like on the menu so you will definitely be losing service until next year.

chase clem Oct 21, 2018

We waited in line for every like 15 min and and we ordered blizzards and when we pulled up our blizzards were melted except for one and she flipped it but not the others and we tried to
    Tell her that we want a new one and she shut the window on us and walked away

• 90
    90807060 Oct 15, 2018

When I was in the store a couple days ago. The owner had his finger pointed in one of the employees faces screaming at her called her a b****and a c***in front of everyone in the store.

• Li
    Linda Lenzner Oct 14, 2018

My sandwich smelled and tasted terrible. Both the sandwich and nuggets were very very greasy. It was a terrible dining experience.

• Yo
    Your average person Oct 14, 2018

They're playing inappropriate rap music in here and there is a table full of children here. The music is cussing and talking in depth about sexual topics and it's uncomfortable.

• Ni
    Nicky Ward1353366 Oct 02, 2018

I order a peanut buster parfait with brownies and I got a small hot fudge Sunday with brownies and was charged for the parfait and the lady taking my order told me I was wrong with what I ordered then I was told I was wrong and how could I know what I was getting what I wanted.

Matt may Sep 20, 2018

Hello.I enjoy dq burgers very much and regularly.however the last 2 burgers I got tasted beefy and they would not r replace.