Dairy Queenpraying to the porcelain god after cake

U Review updated:

Mr. Kummer, my mother, Angela, forwarded your email, addressed to my sister, Samantha, to me.

When we were children, my grandmother and Grandfather used to drive from out of state to pick up my brother, sister and I so that we could spend some of our summer vacation with them. Being children, we could never wait until half way through the trip because they would always stop at Dairy Queen to get us a treat, and so they could rest a bit. We loved it. Over the years I have taken my children to DQ and paid the higher prices because of the nostalgic memories I have of going to DQ as a child. Unfortunately, because of the literal and figurative bad taste this has left in my mouth, this will no longer be the case.

I am contacting you to say that we are very disappointed in your establishment.

The Elderly woman you refer to is my grandmother. She has gone to Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cake for all of our birthdays ever since she tried one about 2 years ago. She loves them, says she has never had anything so good.

All of this is why the moldy cake and rude treatment has come as such a great disappointment to her.

I understand that ice cream will not mold in the freezer. It was not the ice cream that was moldy, it was the crumbly cookie in the center. I also understand that the cookie portion probably did not mold in the freezer, it is my opinion that it was foul when it was used to make the cake.

This may not have been noticed when the cake was made because the odor was faint until you got a bite close to your nose. It was not visibly moldy, but there was a very pungent moldy flavor.

In your email you stated that you and your staff enjoyed eating the cake we returned. I hope that you are all feeling well. My husband ate a few bites before he got to a portion of the cake that had the foul flavor. It wasn't long after that and he started feeling a little sick. After the short, cakeless festivities, I took him home and he was feeling worse. Shortly after, he was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain god. About an hour after he had evacuated the entire contents of his stomach, he felt much better.

The birthday cake was in fact beautifully decorated and went straight into the freezer after a 10 minute trip from your DQ to my grandmothers house. It was in her deep freeze for about 3 days.

The center could not have molded from being out of the freezer, the entire cake would have melted in the time it would have taken for that to happen.

A gift certificate in the amount of our purchase is in fact a gesture of good will and is appreciated, but, this did us no good in the celebrations of the day. We were not willing to take the chance that the same batch of cookie center might have been used in one of these cakes made so close to the same time.

I am glad to hear that the employee has been disciplined for the rude behavior and that you will continue to train and re-train your employees in customer service. The same with the sanitation issues we described.

I have a hard time understanding why you agree with the sanitation issues but disagree about the state of the birthday cake.

Best Regards,
Kerri & Jim, Josh, Anna, Angela, Samantha, Tim, Margie, Harry, Jody, Randy, Tony, Candice

• Updated by chase clem · Jul 09, 2017

Her name was misty

• Updated by Moose24 · Jun 29, 2018

This place sucks

• Updated by Raiyan · Aug 29, 2018

I like eggs within a cake. Same vegan but with egg yolks * quinoa flour.
    For employment hope to see Dairy queen search for more trangendred female e mployeers. I was targeted & fired just because I was two spirited expressions. Hope to see more gendre inlcusiveness with X tended vacation benefits march break 4 months within quebec, Canada & paid sick leave benifits for students etc applying part time @ Dairy Queen.

• Updated by Shambriah Lifestyle · Jul 07, 2019

Carrie The manager of the location ‭+1 (210) 661-7481‬

• Updated by tami carlson · Aug 11, 2019

The buns were soggy on hamburgers and chicken sandwiches and I believe we were overcharged. Tried calling the store twice when we got home but no one answered.

• Bb
    bbydollz Dec 06, 2008

my local dairy queen has the ugliest cakes ever, it looks like little kids made them, they use to be so nice, now i don't even go in there

• Lo
    Lorie Kilpatrick Aug 14, 2018

My order was 100% wrong. Charged for all the wrong things. Then when I got my actual food the ice cream was not ice cream, but a melted puddle of milk. This is quite literally not the first time this has happened to me or others.

Annikat Aug 14, 2018

My Dilly bar didn't have a swirl FACH DAT SHAT

Christina9511 Aug 14, 2018

Really bad service waited 20 minutes for a blizzard while some other people came in and got the order in less than 5 minutes, ask for my order and still hasn't been made he made it till I ask for it

• Am
    Amanda Wildeman Aug 14, 2018

How can you guys take this blizzard off the menu??!!! That's been around since I was a kid and the only thing I get there. Extremely disappointing Dairy Queen, extremely. It's not like the ingredients are so hard to stock! Please bring it back.

• Vi
    Vish120 Aug 14, 2018

I went to DQ at 16:20 and ordered a flamethrower burger. My burger was a soggy, smelly mess of meat. Disgusting!! It did not taste good at all. The lettuce was brown and soggy, so was the meat patty. The food smelled like rotten eggs and tasted like it too.

• Mo
    Moose24 Aug 15, 2018

I went to DQ on Friday June 29 2018 at 11:45 am . The food was terrible I got two chili dogs and onion rings and medium sweet tea and it was over 10.00 the chili was burnt and the onion rings was a joke I was going to get a ice cream but it was so warm inside the restaurant that I knew it would melt this being said I will not be returning to DQ

• Ka
    Kadswe Aug 15, 2018

We went to Dairy Queen because we wanted a little bit of everything. 2 7$ meals with strips drinks and fries. We ordered a combo and upgraded fries to poutine and never got it. I was charged 2$ more for something I never received. This has also happened more then once in several occasions, and also service is friendly, but get the vibe "seriously"

• Kr
    kristi hutton Aug 15, 2018

Snack wrap was tiny. grilled tortilla, and terrible . it was like 6 bites small. it was enough to feed a baby. not adult or teen. also i asked for a treat for my dog and they gave me like a spoonful and charged me $2.00 for that and 2 dipped cones for $3.39 a piece.. it was like 9.00 for two medium dipped cones and 2.00 for a dog treat. Really...

• Li
    Lizzystrader1 Aug 15, 2018

I love dairy queen my kids love dairy queen but I would love it so much more if you had lactose free choices I would love to be able to get a blizzard that didnt kill me after .. I have found lactose ice cream that is good but it's nothing like a dairy queen blizzard!! Please help a girl out here :)

• Is
    Is this place for real Aug 15, 2018

I walked into the DQ in Zimmerman and asked to order a cake. First time ordering an ice cream cake for my 3 year old. first time ordering a cake from DQ ever. The worker said to me the book is all over and usually in the back. He said he could not find it and I couldn't order a cake. Is this company for real. It is nothing but a disappointment!!!

• Je
    Jerbear1234 Aug 15, 2018

Earlier today I ordered 3 chili cheese dogs, only received 2 with no cheese. There was barely any chili on them too. The guy didn't flip my blizzard either.

• Ta
    Tapd Aug 15, 2018

There was a hair in my burger. Clearly not mine. Too expensive of a sandwich for a hair lol. And why does it have to be 350 characters... This is a waste of time. I have explained my issue simply and orderly. There is no need to add more. I dont want a hair in my $7 burger. Period

• Re
    Rell265 Aug 20, 2018

After seeing multiple advertisements for the buy one get one free blizzard promo I visited 3 locations in my area and not one of them were offering this promotion as advertised. I am highly disappointed and dissatisfied

• Co
    Coel William Storey Aug 20, 2018

I pay out the nose for a DQ Blizzard, and half of it is just plain iced cream. Spent almost 30 dollars on a few blizzards and they're all half assed. I want a refund and for people serving blizzards do actually try when people are paying out the nose for ice cream.

• De
    Dean bernard Aug 20, 2018

I was told tonight that the burrito plate and mexican plate will no longer be offered on menu my family and I have enjoyed it for years please dont take it off your menu

Josee Emond Aug 20, 2018

I ordered a poutine and was not at all please. There werd barely any fries. I would like to get what I paid for. It was only about half filled not even. Don't know if I'll ever buy food here again. Third time it has happened. Also, wait time took forever. Not happy with this experience at all.

• Kj
    kjkl Aug 20, 2018

this was the worst thing i ever saw.. it wasn't food.. where was the chilli and cheese and fries were really old.. it was really disgusting.. even looking at it only a fool would buy this totally uneatable.. and i love chilli..

Latitia Taylor Aug 20, 2018

Bad. Customer service

• Je
    Jenkins house hold Aug 20, 2018

Both tasted like they were several hours old, we stopped there on Saturday the 17 th, at about 3 pm, while on my way to work, this restaurant is on King Ave East, Billings Montana, very dissatisfied.what more than that needs to be said, long wait, poor food.

• Mi
    Michelledean Aug 20, 2018

There was a guy outside smoking guess he was a manager he said he was but he asked me for my number that is not a good thing to do a work asking us girls for phone numbers.
    I will definitely will not be back to this location ever again. There is to many employees playing around at this store.

Cherryzoon Aug 20, 2018

Really, people. I'm not getting any younger here. Why is this location taking so long to open? its almost been a year. Hurry up. I need a cone dipped in chocolate as soon as possible.

• Ri
    Ribushoes Aug 20, 2018

I always go to the DQ on Forest Avenue & Van Peltz Street on Staten Island, New York
    My main problem is the amount of ice cream in the large looks like the small
    This DQ should have some one from headquarters come down and checkout the way they do business

• Kk
    KKM2018 Aug 20, 2018

Ordered two medium cones. They looked like stacked slop and were the same weight as a small cone. No bumps. No Q at the top. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I worked for DQ for many years. What has happened to great customer service? What happened to quality. So terribly disappointed.

• Sh
    Sheila Smart Aug 20, 2018

They don't want to honor the free Mini Blizzard for a year, one free mini blizzard per week I was there on today April 14th and they punched for next week, so I can used my Blizzard card again on the week of April 22, 2018 that is 8 days away. When I was there on last Saturday April 7, 2018 they punched for that week April 1 .

• Ty
    Tyler Shepherd Aug 21, 2018

Why on earth do you think paper bags are the smart option? I lost a bag of ice cream do to condensation soaking the paper making it rip open. Did you guys never take science in high school or are you all drop outs? Because clearly you don't have the required brain cells to make smart buisness decisions.

• Ft
    FTU Aug 21, 2018

Burger was ordered without pickles and onions due to allergies.
    The order was to take out and not eat localy. I noticed that they did put onions and pickles on it ( thanks ? ) before I stated eating it.

The reciept clearly states that I ordered it was ordered without.

• Ti
    Timothy1! Aug 21, 2018

I talked to someone a couple days ago and told them I just wanted my money back and today I received a $5 gift card. I'm willing to send it back all I wanted was my money returned. I ordered a number one and it tasted microwave. I don't want any money besides what I spent thank you

• Am
    Amy I Aug 28, 2018

Our lack of quantity and quality of product with our chicken strip basket is shocking. Unacceptable. We opened up our 6 piece chicken strip basket and found 6 tiny pieces of chicken and a small amount of fries. I was extremely disappointed. Also our smoothie was watery and full of huge ice chunks.

Chris Little Sep 01, 2018

I ordered 2 lunch specials today at 11am for me and my son.. the fries were cold and extremely under cooked..i have had this problem many times.. the dairy queen i go to is here in sweethome oregon 97386..

Latishaa11 Sep 03, 2018

I ordered a crispy ranch wrap. Instead of making sure the chicken was up to date. After making the wrap they microwaved it. The lettuce and wrap was soggy, and the chicken was very tough. I was half way home when I noticed otherwise would have taken it back.

• El
    Elva Garza Sep 03, 2018

I'm complaining about the service and the restrooms. The restrooms where full of pee everywhere and no toilet paper. Address is 323 n. Premont texas 78375 and phone is 361-348-3215

• Li
    Lindsey almond Sep 03, 2018

My parents and I went to Dairy Queen in Fruita Colorado. The service was horrific. They not only got our order wrong with two items on it but they as well made us feel like we had no idea what we ordered. They did not even offer to make it right or apologize for their mistake. This was terrible service.

LaRell Steele Sep 03, 2018

Very small chicken strips, very small amount of fries for $6.99 meal! We asked the worker about the small strips and few fries but he was unwilling to make any corrections. Date 8.27.18 at the Dairy Queen in Orem, UT

• Mi
    Miranda Koop Sep 04, 2018

hi there,
    i saw these one day at a dairy queen in vernon and i thought they looked delicious just like the picture. then i got some today and they where nothing like i saw them! they had 1 piece of cheesecake on top and that was it. there was barley any whipped cream!

• Ni
    nicole 4567 Sep 05, 2018

I could see roaches climbing on the wall and a employee knocked it down so nobody could see i simply just asked for a refund. They hid illegal cleaning supplies which i was told by the employee i need to talk to cooperate

• De
    Dedee A Pogue Sep 05, 2018

THE choc. Dilly bar front sleeve states: No Sugar Added.
    The back of the sleeve Nutrional Facts states sugar 6g.

Also the box conflicting facts

Resolution : list/write the facts about the content of sugar in the chocolate "No Sugar Added" Dilly Bar

• Ms
    Ms.Lady valerie Sep 05, 2018

I ask someone to look into this matter, please. In Stuckeys DQ. The cashier in the dairy queen, swiped my credit card with paper. Please tell me this did not happen. Date is 11-11-17; Time is 15:35

• Ke
    Kenneth Juranek Sep 05, 2018

I ordered the trio brisket street tacos for $4.99. They were a joke. The three tacos was about the size of just one taco at other eating places. I think I left
    hungrier than before I ordered them. Rip off.

• Th
    Theresa Marie Harold Sep 05, 2018

We was at Dairy Queen to have lunch. When we sat down we say some dead roaches on the back of the seating ledge. We reported it to the employee he swept them off the ledge into the floor and said we know there is a problem and it is being taken care of and walked away. This place should be shut down.