CVS Pharmacy / CVS Healthrequiring to scan my drivers license and allow my identity to be stolen

S Oct 07, 2018 Review updated:

Today I went to CVS to pick up an refill of my prescription as I have done for the last 12 years with this medication. They refused to provide me my medication unless I allowed them to scan my driver's license, as the medication they claimed is now a controlled substance. I allowed them to copy the information and they refused they said they only can scan it and thus refused me my prescription. They were rude, crude and like dealing with a machine not a human, they just kept repeating a script and said they do not want to deal with this issue. I left, came back and cancelled the order and purchased it elsewhere without allowing my license to be scanned and my identity stolen.

• G
      Nov 14, 2019

this date say 'october 7, 2018' but this just happened to me today, and it's 11/14/19. can someone plz confirm the story was posted at that date. the jerk told me that it was a federal law, and i would not have done it if it wasn't for my mother. they were one day behind like they always were, because they claimed that the federal government made you wait a day.