Menu
Cuisinart
reviews & complaints

Cuisinart
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

106 complaints
18 resolved 88 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cuisinart. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered their product and paid with a personal check.They were no mention of shipping charges in the advertisement.I received a letter conforming my order.It stated that the shipping would collected when delivered. Three days later, I received another letter stating the package could not be delivered unless I paid 27.97 shipping, so I sent a check to the...

3:52 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cuisinart - defective product (twice)

We purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker, Model Dcc-3000 from R.C. Willey in January 2013. This coffee maker features an internal storage carafe for the brewed coffee as opposed to a traditional external coffee pot. The design idea is the brewed coffee stays warm within the internal carafe until you are ready for it. Then. you push a button and the coffee dispenses into your cup. The problem? It leaks! The first model lasted about 6 weeks, then when we would brew our coffee it would brew and dribble right out onto the floor. We followed all maintenance suggestions, and the problem persisted. R.C. Willey was nice enough to exchange the model for us. Within 4 weeks the exact same thing happened with the new model! What we would like from Cuisinart is one of two things. Either a different model of coffee maker, that does not have an internal storage carafe (just a standard coffee maker with a programmable clock) or a refund of the $99 we initially paid for the unit so we can purchase a replacement on our own. I do not think we are asking for to much. Cuisinart wants to exchange the 2nd defective model for another version of this same, already proven defective product. If you do a search online for Cuisinart Dcc-3000 leak or reviews you will see ample evidence that I am far from the first consumer to experience this problem with this product. We trusted the Cuisinart brand name when we purchased this appliance, that was a mistake.

H
10:58 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a brand-new Cuisinart SmartStick (R) hand blender. I used it to make a milkshake in the cup provided. I then unplugged it and cleaned it per instructions. The blade snapped into my left thumb during the cleaning process--it happened so fast and shocked me. I received 8 stitches to my left thumb at the emergency room. Cuisinart has behaved so...

View 0 more photos
T
5:47 am

Cuisinart - I will never order anything from them again period

I ordered a part for my blender about a month ago. When I purchased the parts it did not say on the site that the parts are backordered because if that was the case I would not have bothered placing the order in the first place. Just for that reason alone they are not trustworthy. After receiving no confirmation of the order a week later I call and they tell me the parts are backordered. Every time I call I get a different day that they are expecting a shipment. They offer no apologies when I make my complaint and are just plain rude and deceptive. I will never order anything from them again period!

2 comments
W
Nov 07, 2012 4:16 am

I ordered a blade set for a cuisinart blender. My card was charged and I recieved a confirmation of shipment e-mail with nothing in the e-mail. 6 hours later, my credit card information was stolen with charges from the UK being put on my card. Run away from cuisinartwebstore as fast as you can. A total scam.

V
May 02, 2012 7:37 pm

I ordered an accessory for my Cuisinart hand blender and when it didn't fit, I returned it and they only credited my CC 2.50. When I called them, they said the original amount I paid ($8.49) was 2.50 for the part and 5.99 for S&H and they don't credit shipping. They are a total scam outfit. Stay away!

4:19 pm

Cuisinart - avoid this store at all costs

Three orders trying to get the right part. Now, with over $200 already charged against my credit card, I have to try once more to find someone who knows Cuisinart food processors well enough to find the right part. Some of what they've sent me isn't even in boxes--just has yellow stickies with alleged part numbers! Currently, they're refusing to give me a fax number; apparently they don't want my problem in writing. They insist that I call, which hasn't worked yet.

Avoid this store and get your Cuisinart parts on eBay, which is less hassle.

7:11 pm

Cuisinart - parts

Not happy with Cusinart: Bread maker: Shaft seal assembly fell out of the bread pan, and I had to order an entire new bread pan, as they don't sell repair parts for the internal parts. This is unacceptable! I have written to them about this, but seems they don't care to reply--maybe that will change? Also, this should have lasted longer before failing, (we don't use this product very often), and although I'm not certain, it seems a small component like a "C-ring" may have corroded away causing the failure. Perhaps it was made of steel rather than stainless steel? (there was discolouration in the dough where the paddle sat before the assembly fell out), I don't know, but what I do know is that I now have a perfectly good bread pan that I cannot use, and I had to purchase a complete new bread pan with the shaft seal assembly since they do not sell any of the minor parts, which should be available, and would cost less.

Cuisinart - poor quality

I bought a cuisinart stainless steel cookware set a little less than a year ago. I did not buy online, in fact, I went to my local pennys store and bought over the counter after looking over all their cookware. Within 2 mos, the larger sauce pan split up the side (3/4 in split, I am not kidding) , so I threw it out. Pans continue to spot, burn easily even on low heat, and I find that when I cook, I pick up my older farberware rather than use my cuisinart cookware. And I do watch over what I cook. Yes, I could have sent it back, but after speaking with a rep on the phone, who told me I would have to swallow the expense of sending it back, and after reading that it takes several months to even get the replacement pans back - - well I decided to live and learn. Cuisinart rep was not really interested in servicing me. I felt she had heard it all. I never want another cuisinart product in my house again. Do not buy cuisinart! Company is going downhill.

3:01 pm

Cuisinart - lack of customer service

I'm on my second unit and, like the first one, it leaks. Same identical problem that renders the unit unusable. I thought it was a quirk on with the first one going bad but now, the second one is also bad.

Needless to say, cuisinart does not have a customer service department.

They have a phone number for a department called customer service but this goes to someone who tells you we can't help. This phone number is to a no customer service department.

If you don't mind your coffee maker only lasting a couple of years then cuisinart might be for you.

Buyer beware, you are on your own.

4 comments
A
Nov 11, 2017 10:41 am

I ordered a part on October 8, 2017 for the Cuisinart Automatic Grind and Brew coffeemaker. This part is the cover for the compartment where you put the whole beans in. Without this part you can not use the grinder feature. That is the bet aspect of this coffee maker, It took them five days to respond to my email. They told me it would be three or four weeks because it was on back order. Next time it's Mr Coffee for me.

E
Jul 07, 2016 12:26 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I sent a Cuisinart blender for authorized repair many weeks ago. A letter finally arrived saying that I could call and pay by credit card or send a check. When I called the rep told me that they could not accept credit cards and not to send a check. I asked for her supervisor and was told that he was too busy to speak with me. Next week, I called and spoke to someone who gave me an address to send the check. The check was cashed about three weeks ago and no blender. When I called today, they could tell me nothing regarding the status of this fiasco, but would have someone research the repair and call me within the next three to five days. I do not expect this call. Cuisinart could not give a rat's posterior about their customers. Unless you have an appetite for someone jerking your chain; I would strongly advise that you avoid Cuisinart like the plague, and buy from a reputable source who cares about treating customers with basic decency!

R
Feb 20, 2013 9:34 am

there look like stainless steel pans are not ss a steel pan layed a thin layer of ss that are made in china &public paying primiem price they are junk so advice dont buy

Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

ditto, ditto, ditto. Cuisinart is the worst appliance that I have ever purchased. My coffee maker died and when I called non-existing customer service (ha, ha) I got nothing but runarounds every time I called. Why this company is not investigated for fraud is beyond me. They are a scam. These people give you nothing but runarounds and lies. They have no conscious when it comes to customer service and backing their product.
I have told numerous people about their ### coffee maker. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUY A CUISINART COFFEE MAKER IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ONE WITH A LEGITIMATE WARRANTY. They certainly do not back their products and you can believe all of the negative things you read about CUISINART, it is certainly true! Buy another brand if you're smart, and don't waste your money buying a sub-standard product like CUISINART, you'll certainly regret it buying one.

C
5:52 pm

Cuisinart - defective blender

In march 2010 I encountered a serious accident with a cuisinart power blender. The blender caught on fire and seriously burned and injured my left hand and wrist causing a permanent disability.

I just learned that reconstructive surgery to improve the appearance of my hand and wrist would cost $7, 500.00 and is not covered by my health insurance since the procedure is considered cosmetic.

I also have an issue in which I must decide whether or not to undergo other surgery to improve the functioning of my hand and wrist. A consideration with this particular surgery is that it's a 50/50 gamble regarding the procedure's success.

The cuisinart division claims manager has yet to favorably settle my claim as of february 24, 2011. Cuisinart has offered me what amounts to a few dollars which would not be sufficient to even cover the cost of reconstructive surgery.

To date I have refused cuisinart's settlement offer. Should I elect to go forward with the above-described surgical procedures I have a prospective attorney to handle my claim, however; it seems the case is not worthwhile until I accumulate medical bills.

I am making a plea for the cuisinart division of the conair corporation to make me a fair settlement offer regarding my accident with their defective cuisinart power blender to amicably resolve my claim.

A
7:16 pm

Cuisinart - non-stick pan

I bought a 12" non-stick pan from Bed Bath & Beyond about 6 months ago, and the pan surface is losing its non-stick surface. It appears to be blistering, then the blisters flake off. I've been zealously protective of the pan, never use metal on it, and clean only with the soft side of a sponge. Also, I bought another pan at the same time, with a promotion included, and Cuisinart inexplicably refused to honor the promo (to receive a grill pan for the purchase of two pans). Very disappointed, twice over now.

F
5:34 pm

Cuisinart - I am never buying another cuisinart appliance again

I ordered parts for my espresso maker from this store through the cuisinart site. I requested the item be shipped via UPS because they would not accept my PO Box address - we do not have home delivery from USPS here. They shipped via "basic" UPS shipping which relies on USPS to make the final delivery, so now my parts have been returned as unable to deliver, and I could not get any response from sending emails. I went to cuisinart.com and called their customer service number, 1-800-211-9604 and after an interminable time on hold, spoke with a customer service rep with cuisinartwebstore.com, who told me it was my responsibility to follow the UPS tracking site and call them back when UPS showed it had been delivered back to them in order to have it reshipped via a method that would actually arrive at my house! He said that I may have to call back several times, because returned items sit in the warehouse until someone gets to them and they have hundreds of items returned everyday, and once someone checks it in, they could reship the package. I have requested they return my money and filed a resolution request with PayPal. These people are the contracted parts supplier for Cuisinart. I am never buying another Cuisinart appliance again!

M
2:46 am

Cuisinart - defective coffee maker

Two weeks ago I purchased a Cuisinart CBCW-24 Series coffee maker. Worked great up until about 2 hrs ago. I turned on the on/off button and the on light did not come on. It brewed the coffee but no light to indicate whether the machine is on or off is aggravating. So I dug the instruction booklet out, called customer service and Larry told me that while I am the second person he as spoken to about this happening the only thing he would recommend was to return it to the store I purchased it from. Larry said that since they have not been made aware of any problems with the model, there was nothing they could do for me. So whats the point of having a warrantee and how many machines have to stop working properly before they are aware that there is a problem?

2 comments
F
Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a cuisinart CBCW-24 and have two 'major' issues with it. 1. The carafe pours unevenly...as indicated with a consistent pour and sudden 'splashing' out of the cup. 2. the basket must be 'snapped' into place prior to placement of filter and grounds and the learning curve of wondering why everything is spilling out isn't easy. I've had this brand before and been pleased, but this is not a keeper.

P
Feb 22, 2011 3:32 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

"how many machines have to stop working properly" More than two.

N
3:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought the (First one) ss-700 coffee maker in april 2010. It stopped heating water approx. 2 mos. Later. Took it back to bed & bath who replaced it; I am now on the 5th... Yes 5th one, each one having done the exact same thing. When I contact cuisinart customer service I get nowhere. I asked for a number for corporate and was told there was 'no one there...

M
7:18 pm

Cuisinart - lack or service

In the month of April, 2010 I purchased a Classic Cordless Percolator, and on Christmas Day at breakfast it stopped working. Knowing it was the holiday season I tried to get the name of a place to have my warranty respected. I soon found out that it was not that simple. I was told my voice mail that it would be opened for "walk inns and phone service" on the 29th and 30th., however, they did not answer their 1 800 number, so I waited until today, January the 3, 2011. Well I am now told (again by voice mail) that I must mail the appliance to Ontario and enclose a cheque to cover shipping and handling. Not only that, but I am unable to find out if the whole machine must be shipped or maybe just the electrical disc. And of course no real live person is available to answer my questions. I sit here with a $112.oo coffee maker unable to find out where my 3 year warranty will be honored, and it not cost ME money, ... can someone PLEASE help me solve this problem . p.s. I still have the original invoice of payment if that is needed...

Cuisinart - coffee maker

Purchased a Cuisinart DCC-1100 Series 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker on 9/29/10. This has the thermal holder for the coffee. I got this so I could keep the coffee hot and save electric. The directions say it keeps the coffee hot for "hours". Not true at all. Best it does is 15 minutes. Called the company and they told me I should boil water and put it in the pot before brewing the coffee. Duh! They told me they would replace it but I had to send it back at my cost and pay for shipping the replacement. Right! Sure I would. The pot lasted two weeks gave it to a neighbor and got a different brand. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE COFFEE POTS!

1 comment
T
Jul 29, 2011 3:05 am

ROTFLMAO...I don't know where you purchased this DCC-1100 with a thermal crf but they are not designed to have a thermal crf. You sure you didn't have a DCC-1150bk with a thermal crf cause the Dcc-1100's has a hot plate that would damage the thermal crf. The coffee maker brews at a 185% degrees so maybe it could be that this unit needed some maintainance by running white vingar and water through the machine if the coffee maker is not maintain the coffee maker will break ...called customer abuse ...dugh. I bet your neighbor has more sense and cleans it or call Cuisinart and get a new one to replace the damage one you gave your neighbor ( ps ) must not have been a good neighbor if you're giving the neighbor a damaged coffee maker ...lmao

J
4:32 pm

Cuisinart - poor quality

Do not purchase this cookware! I have older cuisinart cookware which i've had for five years and it's still in great condition. My last purchase of the cuisinart 10 piece cookware set (Same model#) is terrible quality. In just six months of light use... It is pitted and stained (I don't wash them in the dishwasher. ) according to cuisinart this set was made 'lighter weight' per customer request. It is terrible and the older (Not that much heavier) cookware is by far clearly better made and there is no pitting or staining. I have to pay shipping both ways to have one skillet 'analyzed' and then cuisinart will decide whether the problem is mine or not? Buyer beware! Don't throw your money away on this defective cookware. Buy another brand!

2:10 pm

Cuisinart - stainless steel can opener

Purchased this can opener & had it replaced once by Cuisinart now its broken again & they wont replace it - they were going to replace it for me & then i told them it had been replaced before now they will do nothing for me - what kind of customer service is this - i will never own another Cuisinart product ever again - its just junk

1 comment
J
Dec 29, 2013 5:26 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same here! Bought a Can Opener and about a month later the arm broke! Replaced that and then the star gear stopped spinning! Stainless Steel? HA! What a joke! Its plastic with a very heavy weight on the bottom glued into a very thin SS cover! Yes-glued! I am good at fixing many different items and this Can Opener cannot even be taken apart to fix! Unbelievable! I bought this so-called TOP OF THE LINE heavy duty Stainless Steel can Opener for a big price and I can open cans easier wit a Dollar Store hand cranked opener! I'll never purchase a "MADE IN CHINA" cuisinart product again!

E
8:02 am

Cuisinart - rebate scam

On 12/04/09, I purchased a Cuisinart Coffee Maker from Macy's. The Original Price of the coffee maker was $79.99 with a sale price of $44.99. I had a "friends and family" coupon for 10% making the total $40.49. The sales person helping me make my selection told me there was a $10 rebate on this item and gave me the rebate form which I mailed on 12/21. The rebate form said to allow 8 - 10 weeks so on 2/19, I called to check the rebate status. They told me to call back if I had not received it by the 2nd week in march. I called back on 3/1 and they told me to call back on Friday the 12th. On 3/12, I called back and they told me to call again in 2 more weeks. This would make it 12 wees since sending the rebate. Not sure if Macy's gave bad information or the Cuisinart rebate is a fraud but I've already used up more than $10 of my time with this issue. I asked for the original barcode to be returned to me so I could return item as have not yet used it. They will not return. Not so sure I will purchase Cuisinart items in future or even shop Macy's again as I feel this is a fraud. There are too many retailers to choose from and too many manufacturers to allow this...even though only $10.

3 comments
Oct 13, 2011 1:31 am

I just recently spoke with a rep at cuisinart and the rep Jaime told me to just throw my coffee maker out because it was out of warranty and there was nothing they could or would do about and then he hung up on me.

Oct 13, 2011 1:31 am

most of the employees at the customer service are drug users. So they really don't care if your product works or not.. If anyone is interested in seeing pictures of one of their employees smoking a joint leave your e-mail address

K
Apr 13, 2010 6:23 pm

I purchased Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffeemaker on 12/24/09. Rebate was to be received by 1/31/10. My rebate was sent 1st week of January, and I have yet to receive the $30 rebate offered. I have called and emailed to check on the status and they say there is no record. I made a copy of the box barcode, with the rebate form, but that isnt good enough to show proof! The rebate company stated it was not their responsibility for loss, nor Cuisinart's! This is a scam in my book, and Cusinart will be contacted, though I am sure they wont do anything to rectify the issue. A major factor in purchasing this coffeemaker was because of the rebate. I will not buy another Cuisinart product nor any other product for that matter, that includes a cash rebate because it is not reinforced with proof of purchase! BUYERS BEWARE OF REBATES! SCAMS!

D
9:19 am

Cuisinart - weak blender blades

I'm on my fourth cuisinart spb-456-2 blade. It's for the smart power 7 speed blender. The blender itself has proven to be pretty tough after 5 years of using it 3~5 times a week but their blades simply cannot withstand frozen items.

The base of the blade that grabs the spinning rubber "teeth" that are on the main drive shaft is made of plastic and threaded onto the main spinning shaft of the blade assembly. Apparently this plastic base screws onto the shaft and if something in the blender catches the teeth just right, it'll strip the plastic base of the blade assembly rendering it useless. The base of the blade assembly will spin freely.

At $25 each (Shipping costs as much as the blade) this is not a cheap fix. I've got jb weld curing on my latest stripped blade so we'll see if that fixes it but the 5th and final replacement blade is on the way and a new oster blender (With all metal blade assembly and coupling construction) will be under my christmas tree in a few weeks. The cuisinart will stick around simply because the food processor still works and the blender itself will be used for backup if needed.

Lesson learned. If you make frozen drinks with frozen bananas or frozen strawberries, look elsewhere.

7:40 pm

Cuisinart - simply terrible

Cuisinart requested that I ship the broken breadmaker oven to them I did so on May 14, 2009. The lid had broken, but the rest of the oven was in perfect condition. I contacted them and was given the order # 9700898689 for further tracing.

They sent me a breadmaker that was not mine and it is defective on June 19, 2009. It leaves the bread raw that is the oven part is broken. They included instructions to send this machine to the United States for further repairs. This is not my machine, and I would like my machine which remains in Ontario to be repaired and returned to me. It remains under warranty.

They are no longer answering my e- mail and I can not reach them by phone and they have blocked my phone number.

Cuisinart contacts