Course Herounauthorized charges

T

Don't use their service, it is really unhelpful. Customer service is very bad and they charged me $84 instead of $7 month payment.

RESOLVED

• Updated by rizzxa · Nov 29, 2019

i been registered to 12 months but after a day upon registered, i want to cancel my account .. if ever my get my refund, i found out some trouble to this site.

• Updated by rizzxa · Dec 01, 2019

i want to change my subscription from 12 months to 1 month..

• Course Hero's response · Dec 01, 2019

Thanks for contacting us on Complaints Board. We would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please email us at [email protected] or dial [protected] for live agent assistance, and we are available 24 hours a day.

Best,
    Customer Support

joseph a dunn Dec 14, 2020

I purchased the monthly subscription thinking I was going to pay 9.95 a month but instead I was charged 119.40 usd. thankfully I payed via paypal and opened a dispute straight away and had the money refunded.

• Vi
    Vishal Kansagara May 03, 2020

I mistakenly uploaded my personal file (My work file) in Course Hero website.
    I have called three times in customer service number. I have filled out the privacy form. But I didn't receive any reply from them till now.

Please remove my all documents. I just want to remove them.
    Please Help Me.

• Ri
    rizzxa Dec 08, 2019

i been registered to 12 months but after a day upon registered, i want to cancel my account .. if ever my get my refund or even change 12 months to 1 month

the advertisement was very misleading and I was under the impression I would be paying month by month, not for the full year. I

please consider my request..

jaee02 Nov 17, 2019

I was planning on subscribing and they charged me 39.95 which i didn't have on my cash app card. But i'm trying to cancel it now so they wouldn't charge it when i do get money on my card. Plus i already deactivated my account, so are they still going to charge me ?

• Va
    Valerie2829 Nov 06, 2019

Please I need help! I accidentally purchased a subscription and I didn't know I was gonna be charged 120$ a month, I don't even use course hero, please help me get my money back, that's all the money I had.

• 77
    777Fatimah Jun 01, 2019

I did choose to pay $9/month and I was charged $119 for 12months at once, I'm graduation in months it's useless I'm single mom needs every single penny refund my money, I'm OK with paying for month ! I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• Ta
    Tan fu sine May 21, 2019

I just renewal my subscription with course hero, when I saw the annual fee which is 12 month is $109.9 so I decide to renew, but when I receive deductions from my bank it's become $169.90 I need to request a refund of this transaction is charge me not my expectations, I need to get my refund back . Then don't even reply my email .

• Le
    lexih20 Mar 03, 2019

I was hoping to be charged $9.95 a month but instead was charged the full $119.40. You advertising is false and I would like a full refund, college students do not have this type of money and I suggest you better fix how you display your payment options. This is completely unacceptable and I will never use your website again.

• Ki
    Kira Apanel Feb 25, 2019

I bought the package for $10 a month yesterday but I was charged $120 dollars. I do not want this yearly package and I need to be refunded asap because I need that money for my bills this month. At this point I do not want the $10 one either. I am not happy at all. I would like a full refund ASAP.

Jana Messer Poarch Oct 22, 2018

I want to cancel my subscription but have been unable to do so.

• Je
    jean Remy Oct 21, 2018

I need answers fro SOC212 Midterm exam, there questions but no answers posted

• Tu
    Tuu Jay Oct 15, 2018

i have been pay for yearly services like five mins, I don't unlock any document or information during this time.
    when I apply for a refund, they said i can't do the full refunds. only $80 would back if i accept.
    this is unreasonable and its not like they promise before in website.

• Ko
    Konya Benning Sep 11, 2018

I didn't subscribe for a membership I am missing. Money for my card 69.00 dollars

• Sy
    Sydhampton Sep 10, 2018

Hello. My name is Sydni Hampton. I unknowingly signed up for course hero and was charged $119, when I thought I was getting a free trial. Can I please receive a refund as soon as possible for the amount. Thank you. My email is [email protected]

• Mf
    m.f1998 Sep 09, 2018

September 2, 2018 i chose the MONTHLY plan of $9.95, but instead i was charged $119 for the full year. I honestly don't have enough money in my card and your charge overdrew my card by $72. Your website is misleading and a scam. I want a refund ASAP.

angelinakhomenko Sep 06, 2018

I want to get my Money back. The document wich i wanted to download was not such as i wanted. And i don't want to use a subscription anymore. Information are not useful to me. I didn't think I had to pay for the whole year, not being able free trial. I hope I get a refund.
    Thank you.

• Hu
    Hunain.chuhan Sep 06, 2018

Course hero deduct 53 $ from my account without inform me ... i cancel my membership but they deduct from my account i want refund my payment

Comments

• Co
    Course Hero Sep 10, 2018

@Hunain.chuhan Hello! We would be happy to assist you with your account! Please email us at [email protected] and one of our support agents will assist you. You may also contact us at +[protected], Monday-Friday, between 7AM-4PM, PST. Thank you!

• Ne
    newsha Sep 01, 2018

hi i dont use this app and yesterday it just charge me 164$ i want a refound fast and want to deactivate my account and anotger complain i called you many times and nobody answered me i really need my mony back and its better that i recive a phone call my email is [email protected]
    phone num [protected]

• Co
    Course Hero Sep 10, 2018

@newsha Thank you for contacting us here at Course Hero via Complaints Board

I found an account associated with [email protected], but it was for our free Basic account, and I didn’t see any payment transactions on it to purchase a membership. We would be happy to assist you with your request, please email [email protected] with the information below. You may also reach out to us directly by dialing +[protected], Monday-Friday between 7AM-4PM, PST. Thank you!

Possible Email Address:
    Confirmation number:
    If PayPal was used, PayPal email address:
    If a credit or debit card was used:
    Full name on credit card:
    Type of credit card:
    Last four digits on the card:
    Zip/Postal Code:
    Date of last Transaction:
    Amount Charged:

Thank you very much, I look forward to helping you!

• Sm
    Smile King Aug 20, 2018

Hello I was billed automatically on Friday for another three months that I don't want to continue with on my credit card.
    Could I get a refund and could my account be terminated please?
    Thanks

Name: Amakor Gift
    Email: [email protected]

• Ha
    HArsh2235 Aug 20, 2018

This fraud company just blocked my account and is not paying me anything for my services. This is the business model it seems they have adopted. I want to file a legal suit against them. I am from India. Can any one please give me the idea of how to sue them?

• Pa
    parchy Aug 15, 2018

this occurred on June 24 2018.
    My number is [protected]
    I would like a refund please. I was charged a $119 for what was said to be $9.95 a month. I would like to be reimbursed. The information is not straightforward in terms of billing.

• As
    Ashley Malson Aug 15, 2018

I subscribed for course hero thinking i was going to be charged 9.95 a month. I was the charged the 119.95. I don't have that kind of money all at once. I need a refund for my subscription. the advertising is very deseiving i was okay with paying the 9.95 a month but not the 119.95. I truly don't have that kind of money.

• Le
    lexih20 Feb 24, 2019

@Ashley Malson did you ever receive a refund? I just accidentally did the same thing and don't have the money for it.

Sarah fox Aug 15, 2018

This lead to being charged! I do not want my account that charged me $60. I want my money back. I was charged today. You at offered a fee account and then you enter your info in. How is this free?? I figured you'd be charged after so many days seeing if you'd like it. This is no benefit to me and I want my money back.

• Jk
    jkahelin May 03, 2014

they abuse senior citizens including one's that are disabled. no one authorizes them to debit your card for eternity at whatever rate they choose. i intend to shut them down so go somewhere else to be abused.

• Ta
    TAk82 Feb 12, 2012

Don't buy Course Hero, it is waste of money. They scammed me for $58, better use Google.