Menu

complaints

Course Hero Complaints Summary

490 Resolved
217 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Course Hero generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Claimed
Course Hero has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Course Hero. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Course Hero complaints 707

Sort by:

Newest Course Hero complaints

1:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CourseHero Team It is really shameful to see how your company is scamming innocent tutors like us, who depend on companies like yours to earn a portion of their income. It was your company that was promoting the hiring for freelancers as tutors. Now, when we have put-in the efforts, why are you denying payments for the work we did?. I have worked on over...

2:26 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and concern regarding the recent issues that have arisen in our business relationship with COURSE HERO. We have experienced a series of problems that are causing significant disruption to our operations, and I believe it is essential to address them promptly and amicably. First and foremost, the primary issue...

12:40 pm EDT
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero CourseHero "BAD REQUEST"

I recently attempted to log in to my account and encountered a "Bad Request" error. I want to emphasize that I use my account with loyalty and dignity, adhering to all the terms and conditions outlined for the CourseHero account. I have thoroughly read all relevant articles and guidelines to prevent any violations.

Despite these efforts, I find myself experiencing this error once again. I want to assure you that I approach my work with the utmost professionalism.

Desired outcome: Could you please assist me in resolving this issue and restoring access to my account? Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

3:40 am EDT

Course Hero Tutor

Hi

Today I was trying to log-in, it said "Bad Request". From several hours I am not able to log-in. I have been trying to reach Coursehero. but they have disabled my account. They are not returning the money that I am owed. From last 16-18 days, I have spent over 150 hours on the website solving 87 questions and accrued $256. They are taking free labour and not paying them.

They come up with the same copy paste email about "suspicious activity". Then when you submit, they disable you again.

Why is no American Agency or the state of california taking action against such agencies that get free labour from tutors worldwide.

Desired outcome: I need access back and my money back $256.Kindly pay me for what I am owed.

Update by Brian1989xx
Oct 08, 2023 1:50 pm EDT

I reject your comment.

CourseHero is an online platform that students use to post homework questions. The company hires tutors (educators) from worldwide and promises to pay money for solving student's doubts. Now, what CourseHero is doing is, they hire tutors, make them answer 100s of questions, promise to pay hundreds of dollars, but when it comes to paying them as promised, they deactivate and disable tutor accounts and don't pay them.

They are hiring tutors worldwide and scamming them by making people like us work for 100-200 hours in a month and then when we accrue money, they block our accounts for no reason.

I personally have fallen victim to this. I spent 150+ hours on the website in the past month and accrued $256 (which is a lot to Indian citizens after Rupee conversion). They are not paying me for the work I have done. After extensive research, I see that there are 1000s of such people getting scammed by CourseHero.

As an action, I had filed a complaint online with the California Attorney General and Better Business Bureau but American agencies don't give a damn how this company is scamming tutors for free labor.

Update by Brian1989xx
Oct 06, 2023 3:28 pm EDT

No, your team of agents are of no use. You have deactivated my tutor account and are not letting me withdraw money. You have used my expertise to answer 87 questions and are now not paying me. I have been contacting your "team of agents"" but they are not responding. Kindly pay me for the work I did. This is not free labor

4:56 am EDT

Course Hero Course hero Account locked

my dashboard shows" This tutor account has been locked as a result of reaching the maximum number of failed phone number verification attempts. To potentially resolve this issue, please send an email to [protected]@coursehero.com."

I already contacted course hero tutor support but no response of unlocking of my account.

I request u address my problem

Update by Khan Ashraf
Oct 03, 2023 10:26 am EDT

Hi my course hero account was first temporary suspended today on 03/10/2023 due to failed phone number verification attempts.

There was some technical issue on my dashboard when I tried to withdraw my amount from earning section. After trying to login the mobile number for OTP , my account was temporarily suspended. & It showed me "This tutor account has been locked as a result of reaching the maximum number of failed phone number verification attempts."

I contacted the support team of course hero & mailed them & then permanently disabled my account without any reason . Now I lost my all earnings .

& Now I want to review my account and want my account back .

Kindly help me out from this problem.

Thanking you

1 comment
Tel Parayo
Oct 03, 2023 10:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same with me! They also closed my account yesterday, October 2!

4:07 am EDT
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Cannot Log-In (Bad Request)

I am unable to log in on my account in any devices I am using. I cannot log in thru mobile app and the website itself (thru laptop, Iphonr and Android Phone).

I am logging in thru Google Sign In and whenever I do so, it keeps prompting ‘Bad Request’, or ‘The Page Cannot be Displayed’ or ‘There was an error. Please Try Again.’

I tried logging in using Incognito or Private Mode and still receiving the sane response.

Desired outcome: I want to be able to log in and know what happened

Update by Tel Parayo
Oct 03, 2023 10:41 am EDT

I am writing to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the recent closure of my Course Hero tutor account. I was surprised and disappointed to receive the email informing me that my account had been permanently disabled due to alleged violations of Course Hero’s Terms of Use. I must emphasize that I have not received any prior notifications or emails regarding identity verification, and I did not have an opportunity to address or dispute the alleged violations.

In the email I received, it was mentioned that my account was closed because I provided insufficient materials to verify my identity and/or failed to provide materials within the required timeframe. I never received any communication from Course Hero requesting such materials. As a user, I rely on Course Hero's notifications and guidance to fulfill all necessary requirements to maintain my account in good standing. It is unfair to have my account permanently disabled without any prior warning or the chance to rectify the situation.

Furthermore, the email lists several activities that may lead to the closure of an account, including violations of Course Hero’s Terms of Use. I would like to clarify that I have never engaged in any of these activities, nor have I been informed of any specific violations on my part. It is crucial for me to have the opportunity to understand the nature of these allegations and provide any necessary evidence to refute them.

S
9:22 pm EDT

Course Hero Course hero

I paid for a full year only to receive , after u locking, documents that were not the correct doc and or incorrect information. I tagged many of these and after a couple weeks asked for a refund and stopped using the service as they want re money to unlock more documents. I sent an email explaining this and they refuse to refund a prorate. This service is predatory and a scam!

Desired outcome: Prorated refund

9:33 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last 14/4/23 I was trying to withdraw my earnings. I input my SMS number and a code was received. However, when I enter the given code a prompt message states that my number cannot be verified. I opted to do Contact support to ask their assistance. A response was received, and I was so shocked and disheartened to see the message. It states that I have...

6:32 pm EDT

Course Hero Course Hero Subscription

I subscribed thinking it was only going to cost me around 12 dollars a month or so, but instead I got charged 200 CAN dollars.

I cannot afford this pricing all in one go and this website is a literal scam.

It doesn’t matter if it was written in super small fine print, they should’ve made it clear from the beginning that it was paid for the entire year, not monthly. It’s ridiculous. Their website for subscribing is super misleading and unclear.

Desired outcome: I want a refund because it’s unbelievable how they scam people

5:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received an e-mail for a temporary disabling of my account due to unusual activity even if I didn't do any unusual thing on my account. They asked for a video for confirmation of identity. I sent to their tutor support all the details they are asking for yet they still decided to close permanently my account. I had a helpful rate of 93%, yet they still...

8:20 am EDT

Course Hero Login Problem

Greetings,

I hope this message finds you well. I am one of the tutors on Coursehero, and I have been using my Facebook account to access my Coursehero profile, rather than my Gmail account. Unfortunately, I have encountered an issue wherein, upon attempting to log in using my Facebook credentials, I am consistently redirected to the login page.

Given that my registered email address on Facebook is not a Gmail account, I am unsure of how to effectively communicate with your support team through my Facebook login.

I kindly request your assistance with resolving this matter. I find myself at a loss as to how to proceed with accessing my Coursehero account, despite numerous attempts. Your guidance and support in resolving this login issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention to this matter. 🙏

Desired outcome: Please help me.

10:46 am EDT
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Unjust disabling of the account.

I have been working full time in CH and there was an inflow of questions. I was working very hard and answering around 30 questions a day, which probably got their attention.

They asked for an identity verification to be submitted in 48 hours. I complied in less than an hour, but they still closed my account saying I did not comply with the requirements/I exceeded the timeframe.

Ultimately, coursehero just wants to steal the hard-earned money of top-performing tutors. I have had 100% helpful rate for quite some time, and I also have around $1,000 pending earnings, which you STOLE.

Desired outcome: I have no intention to work here anymore. I just want my hard-earned money.

R
1:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Nikhil Kumar, a coursehero tutor. I am working as tutor on this platform from last one month and getting students satisfied with my work and has a very helpful rating of 80%. I have been using my tutor ID from my laptop and phone and from my brother's laptop too ,when I am at home. I strongly declare that I have not violated any of the term...

1:39 am EDT

Course Hero Tutor Application Incomplete

I applied for a tutor account and finished the process but I recently received an email stating that my application was left incomplete. Upon checking the link included in the email to finish the process, I am just met with a page that says my application was received. I contacted their support email address regarding this and they just send automated messages that do not address the issue.

Desired outcome: To talk to an agent directly and know the result of my tutor application.

Update by John Lemuel Pilla
Sep 08, 2023 3:07 pm EDT

This is exactly the type of automated message I receive whenever I contact their email address (tutor-support@coursehero.com). It’s just a repetitive motion of me inquiring and them responding with automated emails.

12:06 am EDT

Course Hero Can’t login through my Facebook account

My course hero account is connected to my facebook account. I can’t login because I keep getting an error message. I got charged 30$ and I can’t even access my account. I’m really frustrated because I even called an agent and she was no help. I will have no options but to cancel my debit card if I keep getting this problem

Gmail: [protected]@gmail.com

X
2:13 am EDT

Course Hero Tutor account banned unjustly

Like many other complaints I have read here about coursehero, my account was just recently banned and all my hard work and effort was stolen from me. I feel cheated on and exploited by this company. Tutor support is not addressing my concerns and stopeed replying to my emails.

I was wondering if anyone has already legally filed a complaint about this company as they're policy on tutors and the way they "steal" money from their tutors looks very sketchy.

I do not care if my account stays banned as I am no longer interested in working further for this company with a toxic culture and inhumane policies against the people that helped them stay in business.

Desired outcome: I would like them to compensate me for my efforts and give me my hard earned money.

Read full review of Course Hero and 2 comments
Update by Xinigang_CPA
Sep 06, 2023 9:28 am EDT

I have tried reaching out to them. Multiple times already. But you're tutor support is unresponsove and unhelpful. I have files a Tutor Violation Appeal which they did not even reply to so there's that.

2 comments
Kurt Col
Sep 09, 2023 10:49 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi. We should all work together and think of ways for action. We can all report the site and make a formal complaint on better business bureau. There are hundreds, even thousands of us from which coursehero stole.

Abdul Nadeem shekh
Sep 02, 2023 1:31 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Can we file a case against the company?

C
9:35 pm EDT
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero 13-Hour Wait for Course Hero Tutor Service Response!!

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the extended delay in receiving a response to my biochemistry question on Course Hero. Despite the website's claim of a 78-minute average response time, my question has remained unanswered for 13 hours with no indication of progress. I urgently request a resolution to my question because I really need it answered as soon as possible.

Desired outcome: My desired outcome is a prompt resolution to my question and a commitment from Course Hero to consistently meet the advertised response times.

F
1:31 am EDT
Course Hero has left an official reply on this complaint.

Course Hero Companies accountability and transparency regarding revoked, removed and closed tutor account earning's

I am writing to you that few days ago i received a mail from coursehero that you account has been closed because of unusual behavior activity on your account.

The mail i received is :

"Following a thorough review of your Course Hero Tutor account, we have discovered activity that’s in violation of our Terms of Use and Tutoring Values. As a result, your access to Course Hero has changed.

What does this mean?

•You can no longer answer student questions on Course Hero from the platform or from select subjects.

•If you received Low Helpful Ratings for some subjects, you will no longer be able to answer questions for those subjects only.

•The violation of our Terms of Use means that you cannot appeal this decision."

1. However, The activity that's in violation of terms of use and tutoring values are not explained and given to me. without any notice on that my account has been disabled randomly.

2. In the above mail its clearly mentioned that my account access to course hero has changed ( NOT disabled). However i am not able to log-in to the account.

3. What about the earnings of my account. As the company has blocked my log-in to the account dashboard i am unable to withdraw my earning from the platform.

4. if other tutors have also been fired in the same manner, where the company is putting their hard-earned money of their accounts which they have not withdrawn because the company has denied their access to the account.

Desired outcome: Detailed explanation of the activity which is against the terms of use and tutoring valuesIF account access has changed they must give us access to our earnings for withdrawal, Accountability of this earnings should be given

Read full review of Course Hero and 3 comments

3 comments
jitendra kumar
Sep 21, 2023 4:07 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Course Hero sent me the mail . In mail clearly mention that "

Your Course Hero tutor privileges have changed

Your tutor privileges on Course Hero have changed due to repeatedly violating our Tutoring Guidelines and Values.

What does this mean?

You may no longer answer questions in certain subjects on Course Hero.

If you received low helpful ratings in certain subjects, you may no longer answer questions in those subjects. You may still be able to answer questions in other subjects."

But they removed my account totally no single subject available for solving question.I sent my query but they sent me same message again and again

"Our records show that your access to Course Hero has changed as a result of repeated violations. A violation is issued when a tutor has violated our tutoring policies, Copyright Policy, Honor Code, or Terms of Use. After a thorough review of your account, we believe the violations issued are still valid. You will no longer have access to your tutor account."

But sir please provide me at least those subject for solving question whose rating is 100% in my account.

they sent me same unhelpful question again again again warning and violations.that why I am in problem Sir please give me access my account after recheck my account .

I also attached my last mail screenshot.

Jitendra Kumar

jitendrakumarkct01@gmail.com

Aily Nicolas
Oct 05, 2023 7:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello, may i ask when did you reopen your account after receiving the email? I have the same situation and they won't let me open my account. Thanky you!

Abdul Nadeem shekh
Aug 17, 2023 7:44 am EDT

They are not replying in continuously writing since 15 days

6:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Course Hero Tutor account closed without any reason or prior notice.

Today at 5 AM Indian Standard Time, I got a mail from coursehero, which said that my tutor account has been closed due to violation of Tutoring Values and Terms of Use. I have been working as a tutor at Coursehero for about a year and I have been very well liked. I was 80% helpful and more good reviews were on the way due to my way of explaining. I had about $60 in my account and they don't even let me log in anymore nor allow me to withdraw. I have mailed them so many times but to no avail. The customer support seems like it's being run by bots. They never even gave me a prior notice nor did they provide me with any proper reason for my account closure. This site was great in the past but nowadays it is really bad for tutor experience. I am very liked among the students who regularly ask for solutions and I have always adhered to the Honor code even when the students offered me better benefits. I have turned down many such offers just to do right by Coursehero's Honor code. In the end that's how I was rewarded.

Desired outcome: I would like to have my account reopened and allowed to answer the solutions as usual. Also, in the long run, I would like them to properly respond to the tutors, hear their plea.

E
6:12 pm EDT

Course Hero Course hero is a fraud

Closing accounts for unspecified reasons while withholding pending payments. Taking away their tutoring rights shouldn't include withholding current and pending earnings. Tutors worked hard to answer those questions and not those who sit at their desks without any knowledge of how to address complaints from tutors and are borderline rude and offensive. They are basically robbing their tutors. This has been an ongoing issue that has been pervasive in Course Hero. Someone has to stop this.

Desired outcome: I want them to give the pending earnings to their respective due tutors. Also, they should issue a public apology.

Read full review of Course Hero and 2 comments

2 comments
bel cabs
Aug 26, 2023 8:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi! I have the same problem. They closed my account but they didn't give me my pending earnings Where can we file a complaint against them so that we can get our earnings?

Jon Christian Miranda
Aug 13, 2023 5:34 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sharing the same experience with this tutor. They closed my account yesterday informing me via mail with no prior warning on my end about any violation. I reached out to them but gave me a generic response and failed to cite the incident and the exact violation.

There are still pending and withdrawable earnings on my tutor account, however, my log-in credentials are not proceeding anymore on their website making it impossible to recover my hard-earned earnings.

View 0 more photos
How to file a complaint about Course Hero?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Course Hero. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Subscription Charge by Course Hero" or "Difficulty Accessing Paid Resources on Course Hero".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Course Hero. Mention specific issues such as problems with account access, billing disputes, content quality, customer service interactions, or any other relevant concerns. Include dates, any communication with the company, and the nature of the issue. If you attempted to resolve the problem, describe the steps you took and the responses received from Course Hero. Clearly articulate how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's financial loss, time wasted, or frustration experienced.

5. Attaching supporting documents: If you have any screenshots, receipts, emails, or other documents that can support your claim, attach them to your complaint. Be cautious not to include any sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Course Hero. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, service improvement, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Before submitting your complaint, review it thoroughly to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. This will help others understand your situation and increase the chances of a satisfactory resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint against Course Hero on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution process.

Overview of Course Hero customer experience

Course Hero has emerged as a substantial resource in the educational landscape, accessible via www.coursehero.com, offering an extensive library of study materials across various subjects. This platform is designed to support learners in their pursuit of knowledge and academic success by providing access to an array of documents, textbooks solutions, and expert tutors.

Like any service, Course Hero has met with some consumer critiques. However, their approach to addressing and resolving these issues has shed a positive light on their dedication to customer satisfaction. Course Hero takes user feedback seriously—implementing an open channel for complaints and resolving them with attention and care, which is a testament to their commitment to continuous improvement.

Their willingness to engage with customers and fine-tune their services based on the user experience plays a significant role in both their evolution as a company and their credibility as an educational platform. This level of responsiveness is a strong indicator of Course Hero's endeavor to offer not only valuable educational resources but also credible and considerate support to its users.

In closing, while challenges are an inevitable part of any service-oriented business, Course Hero’s proactive stance on resolving user complaints underscores their focus on maintaining a positive and effective learning environment for their community.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Course Hero contacts