Having problems with Course Hero?

Course Hero Customer Service Contacts

1400 Seaport Blvd., Building B, 2nd Floor
Redwood City, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Course Hero Customer Service. Initial Course Hero complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Course Hero above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Course Hero. Discuss the issues you have had with Course Hero and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Course Hero Complaints & Reviews

Course Herocourse hero / removal confidential document

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course Hero to remove my confidential document. The document came from a hard drive which was stolen in my hotel in Kampala early this year . All the document were uploaded by Murang'a Institute of Technology in the Business section. After 2 days there are no response not even a email acknowledging that I requested the documents to be remove. I hope course hero can delete those documents as soon as possible. I raise a ticket under my email alain.[protected]@communities.wa.edu.au

• Updated by Alain Mt · Sep 03, 2019

Correction about the email

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course Hero to remove my confidential document. The document came from a hard drive which was stolen in my hotel in Kampala early this year . All the document were uploaded by Murang'a Institute of Technology in the Business section. After 2 days there are no response not even a email acknowledging that I requested the documents to be remove. I hope course hero can delete those documents as soon as possible. I raise a ticket under my email [email protected]

• Updated by Alain Mt · Sep 03, 2019

course hero already removed the file. Problem solved. Many thanks to course hero!

Course Herosubscription

In June of 2019 I signed up for course hero thinking it would only be 9.99 a month. After I signed up I received a notification on my phone that stated I was charged 119.00. I immediately froze my card. I work for the financial institution that I froze the card with and as a courtesy they automatically disputed the charge, When I contacted course hero customer service the representative had a manager message me named Vincent. Vincent stayed that I would have to send the letter stating that the dispute was no longer active. I sent that the next day. Then, I was told I had to speak with pay pal because pay pal filed a dispute. Pay pal filed the dispute because my bank contacted them. I spoke with a representative at pay pal and he stated that because they ruled in favor of course hero that course hero could refund me the money no problem. It was no longer up to pay pal because all power had been handed back to course hero. I emailed the documentation 4 times to Vincent. I have not received a refund and also not one email back to make things right. I will never recommend this company. The advertisement is not clear and should be. I worked with every request that was asked of me and still did not receive a refund,

RESOLVED

• Course Hero's response · Sep 04, 2019

Hello Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints Board.

We offer a **monthly rate at $39.95 USD** if members wish to pay month to month. If our members plan to use the service for an extended period of time, they can opt for the annual membership, **which does break down to the special price of $9.95 USD per month, but in order to receive this pricing, the payment is billed for the full year upfront at $119.40 USD.**

While we are empathetic to what you’re experiencing, we are unable to process any refunds once a dispute is filed and is closed.

Our apologies we were unable to provide you with the solution you were looking for. If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected]

Customer Support

Course Heroin need of a refund; confusing advertising

Date of incident: Friday, May 31st, 2019
      Paypal information provided in a photo
      Paypal transaction ID: 5DV9187821475244N

account email: [protected]@yahoo.com

I'm in need of a refund from the annual membership from course hero... I was under the impression that I would be billed $9.95 a month for an annual membership, however I was charged $119.40 for the entire membership all at once.

I went into the refund section to attempt to contact staff, but I was only given the option of submitting a ticket through their website. I thought it was alright, since they said they would reply within 1 day of receiving it.

I didn't receive an auto-reply email telling me that they received my ticket, so I'm getting pretty worried that I'll be past the deadline to ask for a refund.

Please contact me because I really do not know what to do...

in need of a refund; confusing advertising

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

I did the same thing you have to call the customer support number. As long as you didn't use more than one unlock, you'll get a refund. You have to talk to someone though.

Course Herounauthorized credit card charges

It is currently 10:52pm I subscribed to course hero about 30-45 minutes ago for the 9.95 monthly fee which I was fine with because it was affordable I was charge $119 instead which is no where near close to what I thought I was signing up for and I would like a refund the date I subscribed was 5/1/19 I tried to cancel but there is no way to do that without getting my refund I am furious because in bold print there is $9.95 monthly and does say your going to pay $119 total until after you submit your payment I feel like it is a scam and an insult for this to happen and this is very misleading and is not what I signed up for... I would just simply like a refund back

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

Call the customer support number. They'll issue a refund as long as you didn't use more than one unlock on your account.

Course Herounacceptable money deducted from account

Hello, i'm really sad when I noticed my money in my account was deducted by course hero. I taught it was free for trial but it is already deduct my money the next day (30th/4/2019) for annually cost about $119.40 where its actually to much and I didn't expect it at all. I shocked even until now I can/t sleep because of this unexpected incident. For your information, I actually register for this course hero on 28th /04/2019 and today I just check the balance in my account its stated that it was deducted because of sales debit. I open my email and what I saw is the receipt of transaction of this subscription to this course hero. Surely I don't use at all this account. I take the fast action, I already deactivated my account. Now I can't to log in back into the account because I need to request refund as I google how to refund back the money from course hero, its stated that I have to log in to the account and request refund at account setting. So how can I do right now. Can you please help me refund back my money as soon as possible. I wanna that money to pay my studies fees. Please help me. I need to use the money to pay all my fees in university. I actually don't know about the fees of subscription of this course hero at first. I just fill in the form given and also I put my card number. Surely I don't know about the deduction that it can make. Help me please. I'm begging you to help me refund back my money. Do contact me as follows for any inquiries and further information. :

Email : i. [protected]@gmail.com

unacceptable money deducted from account

Course Herounethical behavior, scam, ripoff, false advertisement

Course hero advertised that you will be paying $9.95 a month, but instead they charge you $119 dollars instead and don't even have a proper way for users to contact them. Made multiple attempts to get in touch with a representative to get a full refund, but instead get a bot that offers a partial refund. Had the subscription for an hour and it did not have the information I was looking for. As a college student this waste of money and plain highway robbery.

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

Call the customer support number a representative will help you. I got in touch with someone and was issued a refund.

Course Herocourse hero refund request/ tricky operations

Course hero advertises monthly subscriptions such as the 9.95/ month, but instead they take out the full 119.00 from your bank account. If I would have known that I would have never signed up for a subscription. It's extremely disappointing and misleading to the indivuals who are trying to receive help only to be tricked. The one document I clicked on barely help and as a college student the full subscription was too much to pay for. I wish they cared a lot more about there customers and update their refund polices to something that works out for everyone. Even if I cant get a full refund back, something is better than nothing. Anyhow I will never use them again and will contiune to advise others to never try their website subscriptions. I really would greatly appreciate it if I could get some kind of refund. Date of incident 4/17/2019

CourseHerowrongful charge

Confused as to why i'm being charged for a second or third month of coursehero when I cancelled my subscription the first month? Deleted this subscription and account because I didnt have sufficient funds to do pay again. Not happy at all with this type of service. You guys have now overdrafted my bank account. I'm upset, angry and disappointed with this kind of service. Not something I thought I would have to stress about being a college student. Thanks, coursehero!

Course Heromembership charge

I subscribed to get answers for an assignment, which I realized after subscribing weren't what I was looking for. I thought I wasn't being charged since I had a free trial, or at least being charged $10 for the first month, but I was charged over $100 which I cannot afford due to consistent financial problems. I'm requesting a refund because I was never told I would be getting charged money I simply don't have.

Mar 14, 2019

Course Hero — Removal confidential document

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course zero to remove my confidential document from my...

Course HeroRemoval of documents

Hello,
                    My name is Kywandia Sims. I really do not have an compliant, but a request. I am asking for removal of my documents off course hero. The college attend informed me that I can stay enroll if all my documents are deleted. I really want to stay in school, and I am so close to achieving my degree. If you help me out this once, it will never happen again in the future.
                    The email I was using for this account was kywandia.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Mo
                        Mohd Taufiq Mohd Nor Mar 14, 2019

course here response to you? im also have a same issue. Already raise a ticket and email last wednesday but no response

Course Heroyearly subscription

I was informed that I would be paying $9.95 monthly for a yearly subscription but I was fully charged the total of $119 at once. I am not able to access any of the information I paid for and there is no where on the site where it shows I can cancel my subscription even though they say it is. I am a college student and I am not able to afford the full $119 and that is why I was pulled in by thinking I was only going to have to pay $9.95 a month.

Feb 13, 2019

Course Hero — Material Posted

It has come to my attention that the website has Teacher's Edition materials from the Collections Textbook...

Feb 11, 2019

Course Hero — refund

It's written that they charge 9.95 a month for 12 month subscription and but they charged me $119.40 at once...

Feb 10, 2019

Course Hero — $119 scam

I am a student and I needed help to my homework thats why I purchased a subscription to coursehero thinking...

Feb 04, 2019

Course Hero — in need of a refund

Feb 03, 2019

Course Hero — unethical behaviour

Jan 30, 2019

Course Hero — unauthorized credit card charges

I kept getting billed $59.85 every 3 months even after reverting to a free account. And this still happened...

Jan 26, 2019

Course Hero — false advertisement

They indicated that they charge 9.95 a month for 12 month subscription and I noticed they charge me $119.40...

Jan 12, 2019

Course Hero — payment problem

I thought the $9 will be billed monthly, but I was billed yearly. I viewed one file but it isn't the correct...