Costcosamples

G

My boyfriend and I went to Costco Thursday 6/9/2016 around 4:30 pm to pick up a few supplies for camping. We sampled 3 different things. One was pulled pork, and the other 2 were chicken. One of the chicken was a breaded nugget type and the other was a piece of chicken breast I believe served with Tzatziki sauce. We both woke up around 12:30 am sick. We got food poisoning from the samples. The only other thing we had eaten was a 11:30 am Thursday. That was our lunch. I believe it came from under cooked chicken. I believe the pulled pork was already cooked and then frozen. Never eating chicken samples there again. Disappointed in Costco

• Wine Is Good Jun 23, 2016

What did you eat the three to five days before? It is a proven scientific fact that with food poisoning it is hard to identify the source unless multiple people eat the same thing and have the same symptoms. It is also a scientific fact that the bacteria for food poisoning can stay in your system for up to a week before making you ill. Think of it like a trigger. You eat chicken today, and it was a tad spoiled, but you did not notice in the taste and you do not get sick. Then a few days later you eat ice cream and WHAM...instant poop session. Sometimes, it ain't the ice cream you ate two hours ago. It is the bacteria in the chicken you ate days ago that interacted with the bacteria in dairy that got you.

Feel better. But be realistic. Unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning from Costco you really can not prove where you got it from.

• Wine Is Good Jun 23, 2016

Just noticed your chicken had Tzaziki sauce. Did you spend any time out in the heat after eating the Tzaziki? I bet that did it. Dairy and hot sun do not mix well.