Costcocostco citi credit card

M

I am long-term, staunch and loyal Costco member…UNTIL NOW! Costco made a HUGE mistake in partnering with Citi.

The two companies couldn’t be more opposite from one another. Costco has always been very Member Centric and does anything and everything to keep us members happy…Very few companies compare to Costco when it comes to treating its members and employees like Gold.

Citi on the other hand, has a notorious reputation for operating with a Bullyboy mentality/culture whereby its customers are merely meaningless numbers to be abused in any way possible. This is common among the top 10 national banks…Citi, at number 6, just takes abusing its customers and not caring about anything other than its profits to a whole other level.

I spent over an hour waiting on the phone or getting bounced from one rude person to another trying to get an answer to a simple question about linking my spouses Costco Citi card with mine within the online banking system.

Citi’s online account management tools are absolutely HORRIBLE! You would think a bank this size would have slick technology…They DON’T.

Shame on Costco for not vetting out Citi more thoroughly and subjecting us to the pain and misery that is Citi.

• Wine Is Good Jun 23, 2016

More information is needed. You slam two businesses over your inability to link accounts. Answer a few questions. Is your husband's card a joint account card? Or a single card? Were they opened under the same account or separate accounts. Depending on how the online system is set for you, if you have a joint account, with each of having separate cards, then his card will show under his profile, and yours will show under yours. Only joint cards will show on the main account page.

• Wine Is Good Jun 24, 2016

Your issue is not clear. Linking two credit cards to the same online banking account depends on how the cards were open, and whether they are single or joint accounts vs whether your bank account is a single or joint account.

Marushka Jun 25, 2016

Citibank posted a balance on line for our new account and neglected to post a month of charges that supposedly caused our balance to be over our credit limit. That is like going into a store and the clerk says you owe me $100 but she does not tell you what for. A manager of Citibank directed me on their website to places that did not do what he said they would do. I have to wait for that manager to mail me the charges that are not posted on line yet the mysterious high total is posted on line. Makes no sense. In over 4 years of using our Costco American Express we never went over our credit line limit and I believe we still haven't.