Costcocomplaint on customer service employee

I am an Executive member at the Costco in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. I was in there a few days ago with my mother. I forgot my coupon book at home and asked my mother to go to the front of the store real quick and ask for another coupon book. Well when she comes back she has the coupon book, and goes into telling me that she went to one of the registers and they told her they didnt have them at the registers that she needed to go over to the customer service desk. When she got over to the customer service desk she ask the lady if she could get a coupon book. the lady then tells my mother "You need to keep your Costco coupon books in your car because we dont have enough to be passing them out the ones that we have on hand our for new members." What in the world do we pay for? We are all paying members and this is rediculous to be treated this way. We pay to shop...Is giving someone a coupon book really going to hurt their pockets? We wont be renewing our membership I kow that for sure. I called their number on the receipt and the guy on the line said that he was sorry that we were treated the way we were and that there shouldnt have been a problem with us getting another coupon book. But I would have to say he was probably feeding me a line of bull because their are other people on here complaining about the same thing so its something Costco is trying to get their employees to enforce. I cant believe some of the complaints about this company. I sure wish I had read about all this before I went off and wasted money on paying a company to shop at their store. How stupid was I? Not to bright huh? But I have learned a lesson and will NEVER renew/buy another membership through Costco.

• Bi
    bitchplease Jun 07, 2012

So, let me get this straight. You were mailed a coupon book, you forgot it at home, and now it is Costco's fault that you forgot it...seems to me like you should have just brought your own and this entire issue would have been avoided. Mailers aren't free, everything affects the bottom line. I wouldn't have given you one if you had done this at my Lowes.

PS: Learn some basic grammar.