Complaints & Reviews

Digital guide

I paid a fee and have been a Lifetime Member since Sept. 1999. My lifetime member # is [protected] under the name Rick Nocella. I have not heard nor received anything from them except for a free apron way back when I first paid the membership fee. I have not been able to contact them at all. I think it was all a scam. Can't even find their website. There was supposed to be all kinds of benefits, newsletters, promotions, magazines, free items etc. Nothing since I joined. Total ripoff.

Lifetime membership

I have not received anything from them in years. As others are saying, they received the pots and pans and etc. but stopped getting magazines and testing products. I also paid about $300 for the membership. It would be nice to get our money back since i guess they skipped town without notifying any member. I hate people that take you for a ride and you need the money now.
Charlene Wayman

Membership

I came across an old form which welcomed me to the LIfetime membership to Cooking Club of America. If you closed your business, for whatever reason, why wouldn't you notify your clients? What a letdown! According to your very own certificate sent to me on July 15, 2002, it states: "You will receive all Club member benefits for as long as you live." You (Betsy Wray, Executive Director) lied to us?

Lifetime membership

I had a lifetime membership #[protected], sometime 2005/06. Paid $349, got the pots and pans, which were sub quality. Got the magazine monthly, then they switched to seasonly. They sent me a bill for something they said they sent me, which I never received, which I never ordered. Then proceeded to make my life hell. They started asking for more money, totally ignoring their "lifetime memebeship". It was all a scam. So glad I cancelled the garden club before it actually started.

Premier lifetime membership

I first signed up for CCofA in 11/1999. I received many gifts, wooden chopping block with logo, a set of knives in a wooden block holder with logo, an apron with embroidered logo and my name, Trivet with Logo, spoon rest with logo and some cooking gadgets) for becoming a member, (from the $300 membership fee), plus bi - monthly magazines and product testing for many years. Then suddenly you had to go thru Scout.com to enter contests, be a tester and then the magazines began to dwindle, then nothing!!! It was a great place to find many great recipes, take cooking classes and get special offers, too. I was in the very first wave of members that signed up in 1999 and enjoyed the free gifts, some great products to test and keep, plus the great magazine. It was wonderful for quite a while, then BAM, they switched to Scout.com and they gave themselves a detour from their members. I got sparse and thinner magazines, then nothing from them at all and no way to contact them. Some life membership!!!

• Pe
    pepsqueak Mar 02, 2020

I joined the Cooking club of America in 1999, it cost 350.00 dollars they said I would receive test items every month I got a pairing knife, and sent my report. Then they sent free apron, and application to raise my membership to Gold Life member for a 100.00 dollars more. Watch meet I would be testing small appliances, so I sent another 100. I received the magazine for a couple of years. Then I wrote to them about not receiving any appliances to test they sent me a hand wand
    mixer/chopper about year later at which I used and sent back my report, just to have it returned to me undeliverable.
    Another six to ten months past before I got magazine, I called the phone number in the magazine and the answering machine leave my name and number brief message but no response. That was in 2010 I believe.

Lifetime membership & no contact since 2009

I did get a card from them stating that I am a Lifetime Member but have not gotten anything since. I had just assumed that they were defunct. I did enjoy the magazine but did not appreciate that after I had paid so much in & expecting it to continue it just did not as they had said it would. I 'd not have continued as long & feel I was ripped off.Some restitution should be made by them because I did pay them so long with the assumption that they gave me.

Lifetime membership

Paid in full as a life member and once i did everything stopped no testing products
No magazines
No free stuff
Yet i spent over $200 to become a lifetime member
I demand a full refund !!
It's all a big scam takes your money and ends everything without notice
Can you imagine how many people paid in full for a lifetime membership and they took the money and ended everything ?
They should be forced to refund everyone

cooking club of america

Hi I was also a lifetime member and I never received any thing to test. It was if they fell off the face of the earth. I don't believe there is any recourse either if the company went out of business. I had bought a few products from them that they had sent me advertisements for. The products were from other companies and were good products but I never was asked to test the products through cooking club of America. I only received a few magazines and when I tried to contact them there was no forwarding address or phone.Christine Sturner

I am a lifetime member #[protected], cannot get in keeps saying does not recognize my e-mail or password. This is very aggravating, I have not received any magazines lately, no e-mails, no information at all about this company. Are you still in business. I miss the recipes, haven't received any more trials of products to scrutinize or want to advise as a good or bad product.
Gayle

lifetime membership for cooking club of america

I was also a lifetime member and basically received a few magazines, an apron, and a few trinkets. At the time I lived in Kyle, Tx and have since moved. I was unable to complete an address change with CCA and realized then, I had probably been scammed. I would also appreciate any information regarding a resolution to this issue and I can be reached at [protected]@gmail.com.

club membership

Yes I was a member when I lived in Archbold Ohio I have Moved to Mount Gilead Ohio and would like to pick up my membership with you and can not figure out how you can reach me at [protected] I was also a Member Of the Handy Mans Club to and I never had a problem with neither one you please call me I want To rejoin and don't know how can you please direct Me.

cooking club of america & mlb insiders club

i was also a member of this as well as my husband and daughter in the MLB insiders club. never received...

lifetime membership

My husband purchased the life time membership for me in 2011. I received magazines and products to test and...

cooking club of america website

I'm a lifetime member of the cooking club of america and can't even get into the site. I joined back in the 1990"s and still have all my information. My account # : [protected]. Is there any way that I can get any information as to what happened to the company? I really think that I have been scammed as I tried calling and e-mailing the [protected]@cookingclub.com. I really want to know if there is any way that I can be reimbursed for services not rendered. Mary Forget

• Da
    David E. Konicki Jun 10, 2019

I'm not sure if I'm tugging on the right ear but I received the ''LIFE TIME MEMBER DELUXE 9 PIECE STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SET '' about a lifetime ago and gave it to my wife. The set has held up very well with the exception of the 2.5 quart covered saucepan LID. Thus the reason for my letter . How can I get a replacement lid for my wife? I don't remember my account number but my name is David E. Konicki 307 Jefferson Blvd. Mingo Jct. Ohio 43938 my cell is 740-381-6629 my home 740-282-2821. If I'm tugging on the wrong ear forgive me BUT if you happen to know who's ear I should bend I would deeply appreciate it. Thank You for your time.
    Mr. David E. Konicki

cooking club of america

I played my lifetime membership off never received anything from these people I played over $350.00 I have...

all

I to been a member since 8/2011 received things then it stop. I tried there website went on never got a...

magazine and lifetime membership benefits

My name is [removed]i and I signed up around 1999 or 2000 as a lifetime member. Since 2016, I have not received any magazine or any correspondence. I'd like for my mailing address to be changed and to know if you guys are still in business and if my membership still exists? Hope so - I miss it very much! Thanks for any help. My address [removed] and phone number [removed].

magazine subscription

There seems to be an issue with cooking club of America and the promise to their premiere lifetime members. I signed up for cooking club of America paid $349 lifetime membership fee expecting to get magazines for life. I only received magazines for about 3 years. I have been trying to contact them for sometime and cannot get a response. I am no longer receiving what I paid for and feel I deserve reimbursement.

lifetime member

I was a lifetime member of that club and now the name has changed. I paid dues and got a couple of things how...

everything about the company

also a Lifetime member. Paid the $349. Things I received was a set of 3 thin pans. Couldn't handle heat. The second use, I heard a pop and they warped really bad, unuseable. Received a plasti cheese grater, that couldn't grate cheese, a purple cooking smock like thing. These were prizes for paying in full. I received, well bought, many cookbooks for $35.00 each. They wouldn't stop sending no matter what I threatened them with. So all said and done, I paid them around $875.00 and boom they were gone and no refunds for 10 books they receiv from me.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices