Menu
Cooking Club of America / Scout.com
reviews & complaints

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

162 complaints
19 resolved 143 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cooking Club of America / Scout.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
7:37 pm EDT

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Cooking Club of America Life Member

I am and have been a Cooking Club of America Life Member since July 2001. I paid my dues which were quite expensive, I tested products, recieved magazines and ordered several items. I was cleaning out some boxes recently and ran across my lifetime membership card. I actually stopped receiving the magazines several years ago, but did not really know why. I would now like to know what is going on with Cooking Club of America and I would like to know what is going to be done about my lifetime membership. My name has changed from Laura Hebert to Laura Carrington and my new address is 1314 N. Elm Street, Weatherford, TX 76086.

Desired outcome: I would like my membership transferred for free or get my lifetime membership fees back.

5:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Why am I not receiving any tailor emails from you? This has been happening for years. member since 2013 and I have not hear anything from you in years. I tried to call([protected]) But all get is many many rings or a recurring to try later.

S
3:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership??

I have been a Lifetime member-paid in full-since 2005. My membership number is RESV A118915. I was receiving magazines which quit several years ago. I purchased a set of pots and pans then never received and products to test as promised. I had to pay quite a bit for this membership and recently decided to check in with Cooking Club to see what had happened. Imagine my surprise when I am just now finding out they don't exist anymore. Am I correct in understanding that they are now called Scout? Now what happens? Do I have any recourse for this? Please notify me if I do.

Desired outcome: If I can't participate with product testing as indicated on my original membership, I would like a refund.

L
Jul 11, 2022 3:10 pm EDT

I paid for a lifetime membership and use to get magazines and products to try and keep. It’s been YEARS since I last received anything from Cooking Club of America. I’ve been a member since 2009. Over 10 years since I got anything, I feel like I should receive my money back

B
11:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a lifetime membership to Cooking Club of America and it appears the company is no longer operating through Scout.com per previous communication years ago. If I don't have the ability to log in, they should refund my membership. Very disappointing - we need answers.

S
3:37 pm EDT

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

I was a lifetime member of the Cooking Club of America since around 2012. I received a set of pots, an apron and a few other items. I used to receive requests to participate in product demonstrations and surveys and received a magazine. I have not heard anything from them in a while and decided to look them up. Low and behold they no longer assist and life time accounts are now with scout.com. I have read other complaints about both companies and would like to know what is happening. I paid $300 for my lifetime membership and the items I received were not worth the money..

Desired outcome: A refund or some other useful products

8:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a "lifetime member" since early 2000 and received 2 products to test and perhaps 2 magazines but never anything since. Only came across this page when my husband found one of the products in our cabinets and made me look into what happened to them. Wish I could get my money back or the pots and pans I was promised. What a shame.

D
4:44 pm EST

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

As I was cleaning out old files, I came across my "lifetime" membership guide. I stopped receiving magazines and products from them several years ago but life was crazy and I didn't really notice. Finding the guide reminded me so I decided to look them up. Unfortunately I found we have all been scammed. I paid $298 and only remember receiving very inexpensive items like measuring spoons, a trivet, a cheese grater and the magazines. I see others got cookware and things that might have been worth their membership fees but not me. I also saw they are now scout.com but when I go to that website it has nothing to do with cooking - it's about sports!

Lesson learned... Their "lifetime" and mine are very different...

Desired outcome: I would love to see a class action but I don't believe there is any money to recover since they appear to have gone bankrupt.

C
Mar 06, 2022 5:59 pm EST

I too have a Lifetime Membership - paid in full since 2006 for Creative Home Arts Club and 2008 for Cooking Club! I haven't received magazines or any of the lifetime member gifts in YEARS! No response at all from scout.com. I have my membership cards still and am not pleased with how this has all come down to screw so many people out of $$$

B
8:43 pm EST

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Membership

I also have been a member since 2007. I have been trying for the last year to figure out why I'm no longer getting any of their emails or any of the information about any other products. I am very disappointed in this as I thought I had done my homework and that they were a reputable company offering reputable products but obviously that's not the situation and I have lost all the money I spent. If there's a class action suit filed I would be glad to join it. Thank you

Desired outcome: Either refund of membership fees or reinstatement of full bebfits at no charge with Scout

4:32 pm EST

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - I am a lifetime member and have received nothing

I have been a life time Member since 2010. I have not received anything since the first couple items In the first few months. Than nothing. I Know I have now moved But, If there would have been anything it would have been forwarded, But nothing has come. NOTHING. I have paid a large amount of money to get nothing at all. Just to say I am a member of what a Club name. I am very upset with all of this. My Member no is [protected] I would like to hear from you. Please get Back to me at my Email
[protected]@aol.com. If you need a new address please talk to me on my E mail. My name is Amy Byers. If you would talk to me about my problem I would really like to solve this since it has been Years. Thank you

Desired outcome: Fix the Problem Either refund my money for the lifetime member ship or send me my stuff to be in the club. Magazine and products

1:37 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Bought a lifetime membership without getting anything as promised

I bought a Lifetime subscription over 10 years ago to the Cooking Club of America and after a few initial contacts, everything stopped. I received the pots and pans and they where of very poor quality and I was told that I would get top of the line cooking pots and pans. I only received a couple of there magazines and then they stopped.

The only product that I got to test where some small silicone molds that did not work.

I tried to locate them over the years but have gave up. Initially I set them emails to find out what was going on but then I could not locate them on line anymore. I forgot about them until I came across my initial membership card.

This has been a real scam. I thought that I was joining a great club of wonderful cooks who also had my passion for cooking good food.

1:37 pm EST

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

I have been a member since February 2011 and spent a lot of money for the membership. In the beginning things were sent as promised then they disappeared off the radar. I am furious that I was scammed ! I paid for the pots and pans and I received a few small things as gifts. Magazines came in the beginning and I bought the cooking club cookbooks. Then all of a sudden it all stopped. I tried contacting them several times to no avail and even called and emailed scout to no avail.

Desired outcome: Return of my money!!

4:53 pm EDT

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Life member and I don't appreciate being scammed. No one has money, to go to waste.

Life Member since 2009, I don't appreciate companies taking advantage of genuine people, who work hard for their money, a class action suite, need to be in place. It is not the members fault that they lied, We all need a refund at least from Scout.com because they took over Cooking Club of America. Business always try to make it convenient for themselves and not the customers. My name is Judia Polk and I am highly disappointed in both companies.

Desired outcome: Refund or Class Action Suite

2:17 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm a life member of the club and they stop sending my benefits and never received a letter or a explanation, when they stopped. What I can do?

T
9:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - I am a member I have not received my services plus I lost my membership card I lost cintact

I am thrilled I lost my membership card please get me back on track I need a contact number to called before but no reply was sent use to get the offers from youMy. My namei is Tonya Hemms [protected]@gmail.com thanks I am a childbirth education and maried i am only requesting my membership card and a way to contact you the most everything else was fine thanks

Desired outcome: I hope to get my membership lifetime back with my gifts and offers

M

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - I paid $299.00 and never heard from them again

I was receiving items to try out, as part of being a member. I never
heard from them again. I wanted to get a recipe, they were part of membership, and I find out they no longer exist. it's suppose to be a lifetime
membership. unfortunately, that was back in 2009, I have nothing but pots
that are stamped cooking club of America, pots that were suppose to
last a lifetime yet they are stained.

Desired outcome: my membership fee

E
7:24 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership/company disappeared!?

I have/was a lifetime member since 2005. As with many of you, I got a few little things upon membership, but nothing like the pots and pans some others are talking about. I think I got a set of measuring cups and an apron (woo hoo!) Anywhoo, life got complicated, I got married and had a couple of kids and I too didn't notice that they just went *poof!* I came across my card today and went to look them up thinking I just had to give them my most current info and boy was I surprised to find out that the website doesn't even exist anymore. I DEFINITELY feel like I didn't get my membership $ worth with only getting an apron and some measuring cups. I'd be in on a class action if one gets started since there wasn't even any notification(s) sent out that they were having difficulties etc. My name is Erika Larsson, Membership # is/was [protected] since 5/2005

Desired outcome: $$ back/classaction lawsuit

4:24 pm EDT

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

Lifetime Membership number [protected]. Since joining the Cooking Club of America, I have not received any communication from the Cooking Club of America for over 10 years. No products to sample, no recipes, nothing.
I am requesting a full refund of my Lifetime Membership dues as I feel this was a scam.
My new address is 750 Waxwing Dr., Mandeville, LA 70448

Desired outcome: Membership refund

K

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Membership

I was a member since April 2, 2007 I signed up for free lifetime membership and then the club folded apparently from what I'm reading it went bankrupt nothing ever became of it and nobody ever notified us anything it would be nice if we would find out some details what happened I had paid $300 for the membership and we're supposed to get garden club how to use cooking club test products for a lifetime when they folded no one notified any other members anything it would've been nice if they would've contacted us by letter saying what happened

10:34 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - Not getting the benefits I paid for.

I am also a Premier Life Member of this club. I got the pots and pans with a couple of knives but those items sure don't add up to what I paid for the membership. I came across my membership card and realized that once I paid for the Premier status, nothing else happened. If per chance a lawsuit is filed, I would like to be included.
I love cooking and was hoping when I joined in 2010, that I would be able get a lot of information on cooking, recipes and test new products.
I have checked on this over the years and found out they folded. I want to get my money back from this so called club. Thank heaven I did not join any of the other clubs they sent mail on. My love of cooking allowed me to get scammed by these crooks.

Desired outcome: Join legal action

Nov 20, 2021 6:25 pm EST

I to got premier pans etc they were awful pans I to have been wondering what happened to this club fully surprised they went under

V
9:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com - I'm also a life member to Home Gardening Club

I first paid $226.00 for the first year which was 01/2010 I received my magazines and my hard covered books with no problem. Then I received gardening kit with a little rake, and shovel, pruning scissors, a kneeling mat. The next year I pay $226.00 for 2011, I keep receiving my magazines and hard covered books, and bigger pruning sheers. Unfortunately, I got to use it like four or five times and then it falls apart. So now I'm calling them and nothing. I try going on the website and I can't find it. I was pretty stressed, as I'm sitting here going through my drawers I found my life member card and went to see if maybe this page even exist but of coarse not. 2012 was paid $226.00 and 2013 $226.00 if I can get that refunded a total of $904.00 to me great. I.D. # [protected] Veronica Cruz

Cooking Club of America / Scout.com contacts