Cooking Club of Americalifetime member account changed to scout.com

R

Elsie Vergara Life Time Member # [protected] Last Billing Date: 01/23/2013 Billing # LTCW2984 Customer # [protected] I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF COOKING CLUB OF AMIERICA, Member #[protected]. I paid all my dues, used to receive the magazines for free as a lifetime member as well as my choice of testing products. Now come to find out that the website no longer exist and it was changed to SCOUT.COM; which I have access to but I don't recall ever signing up with them, but my information from COOKING CLUB was transferred to SCOUT.COM, but the kicker is that I'm no longer a LIFETIME MEMBER, AND NOW i HAVE TO PAY MORE FEES IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. I am extremely disappointed with COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA, Now I know that this was a SCAM all along. If there was a way that I could get my money back from these "A*&%$#", I would, because I spend a total of $299.00 for a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP that I never got to use, because the magazines that I received, I had to pay for those SEPARATE from my LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT, because at the time I WAS NOT A FULL TIME MEMBER. And yes I got taken in by Scammers. There is no way to contact this company to find out what happened, If anyone out there has any information regarding this issue, please contact me via Email: [protected]@YAHOO.COM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely, Elsie Vergara

lifetime member account changed to scout.com
lifetime member account changed to scout.com

• Al
    Alysia Saleice Estes Jan 11, 2021

I was just going through files and came across my Life Member and Charter Member CCoA cards. I loved the magazines. I figured this was happening because the magazines had a lot of wonderful content. They kept getting smaller and smaller and less frequent. It's sad it appears to have gone bankrupt. I don't know, I think the people started it up and lost passion. I received what I was told. I guess lifetime meant their lifetime of CCoA. I miss it, but still have all my back copies and lots of their cards with recipes I had ordered from them. It was really cool in the beginning.

• Rb
    Rbaynes Dec 20, 2020

I also was a life member since 2/02 and thought they had gone out of business. Due to the fact that they're web address was defunct. Sad, I did receive pots and pans but nothing else. I always contacted them to become a product tester but, only got a rubber pot scrapper as a thank you... I don't think anyone will get anything back because it's been too long. Very sad that these people can just walk away without any punishment. Thieves!

Marie Buskey Redmond Nov 22, 2020

I too paid for a lifetime membership to the cooking club and when I started receiving less and less info from them I was very disappointed. I was told that I was going to be product testing and it never happened. I too would love to know what exactly happened to it and would love to get my money back...

• Ca
    Caree Connolly Oct 07, 2020

Found this post and can see that I too am in the same situation as everybody here. Became a Life Member of Cooking Club of America. Received the magazines, steamer, kitchen gadgets, and the personalized Life Time Member apron. Was confused when the cooking club web site changed. Then the magazines stopped coming. It might have once been a legitimate company because some of the other posts mention membership dating back to 2011 but someone somewhere did something wrong and walked away with lots of members money. No word to anyone. If there is ever any resolution to this, please let me know. [email protected]

• Lm
    LMFree Sep 10, 2020

I just found these posts. I was a Life Member of Creative Home Arts Club since 0/2003 and a Life member of Cooking Club of America since 8/2006. I received a set of pots and pans, and steamer basket from cook club. I believe I received a rolling scrap book storage bag and and bag from Home Arts. Loved the magazines from both. I received different magazines from different company here and there for a few years then nothing. If there is any law suit or info found out please include me.
    [email protected]

Aniceta Lara Aug 24, 2020

I was a lifetime member too n had moved 3x to diff address n cannot call them anymore to give my new address. Been paying my dues n wanting to get free cookware set as I almost reached the amount to get whole set. Decided today to check website n surprised to learn it’s not only me wondering what happened . All I have was apron w my first name from Cooking Club

• Tn
    TNoe Aug 07, 2020

I also joined as a lifetime member paying the full amount of dues. I joined in 2011. I only received the pots and pan and a couple of magazines. I want to be reimbursed for the money I paid for lifetime membership that no longer exist. Cooking Club of American did not offer what they promised.

Sugarbear2 May 04, 2020

I am another victim of this scam as I had completely forgotten about my lifetime membership (years ago before 22 plus years of marriage) until I found a plate with their name on it and decided to google them. All I can do is SMH after reading all the responses here.

Comments

• Na
    NanaBug4 Apr 29, 2020

so we all spent all this money for nothing in the end does anyone know if they plan on starting it up again

• Li
    lil_bru65 Apr 18, 2020

In response to @Snowing, Sprouted Kitchen's cooking club doesn't appear to be related, or at least it's not offering the same kind of lifetime membership incentives that CCoA did. I assumed CCoA had gone out of business once the magazines stopped coming, and it was confirmed when I accidentally clicked the bookmark to their now-defunct website today. But I didn't realize how many people didn't get their promised benefits. I still have and use my membership-stamped cookware set and measuring cups regularly, and until my husband broke it, I had a ceramic knife that I earned for a submission to one of the magazine's columns. So I'll consider myself fortunate that I got my money's worth out of them.

Also, in prior comments, others mentioned that CCoA was transferred to Scout.com or Scouts.com. That's no longer true either. Scout.com is now an offshoot of CBS Sports and it provides links and news on professional and college sports teams. Scouts.com is now an open domain name. Oddly, Amazon is offering a measurement conversion magnet purportedly manufactured by CCoA, but it's being sold by a company called UPA LLC.

• Ph
    Phil Slezak Jan 03, 2020

I have been a lifetime member since 2003 with Cooking Club of America and now no longer in business and they took my $349 and and just left me hanging along with all the other people who paid in. I would suggest we all entertain a class action law suit and trying to find out who purchased Cooking Club of America and just post on Facebook site of that company.

• Sn
    Snowing Nov 18, 2019

Are they operating now under “sprouted kitchen cooking club”? Because they charge $also or is there no relation?

• Sn
    Snowing Nov 18, 2019

I just found this site, as everyone else I too was a lifetime member. Sad, I really liked it when it was around. Is there not some kind of class action lawsuit that can be filed?

Sally Davison Aug 16, 2019

I also was a lifetime member by paying the full amount of fees. The pans that I received were just okay in quality, nothing special. One of the quotes in the membership packet is "With Life Membership you get all that was promised". Not true. I would love to know what and why what happened.

AndreaG43 Jul 31, 2019

I too was a member & received my free items. The last ones I received were the pot & pans set back in 2011. After that I never received anything from them. Now I know why. I want my $ back too from my membership payments. I was a lifetime member. Member #[protected]
    This pisses me off. Has anybody found out if anything can be done about this?

Suzanne Fisher May 04, 2019

I am also a lifetime member #[protected] that hasn't received anything in years. Just found my information on it and decided to look at the website to change my address and found this site. I received a set of cookware with my purchase but still feel like I was taken advantage of.

Suzanne Fisher

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Suzanne Fisher We were ALL taken advantage of. I became a lifetime member in 2010. I got my pots/pans, apron, etc. I was getting magazines and chances to review products for a while. Not sure how long. Then, I suddenly realized I wasn’t getting ANYTHING from them at all! Tried going to their website. It’s GONE!! I’m like WOW! I am NOT HAPPY!!

Marjorie Broker Apr 24, 2019

I have been a member or I should say a life time member way back in 2006 and I have not gotten anything from
    you for a long time . I know I gave you my new five years ago when I moved to St. Croix Falls

My emai; is [email protected]

Marjorie Broker
    904 N Washington ST.1
    St. Croix Falls Wi. 54024 Thank You

• Ri
    Richard Kenney Mar 28, 2019

I have been a life member since 2012 and I have not heard anything from the club since I finished paying off my life membership and receiving the pot and pan set. What happened?

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Richard Kenney Someone in an earlier complaint, said they went bankrupt.

Christine Hause Mar 23, 2019

Yes I was a life time member since 99. I got my pans, apron, spoon & plate (ceramic set). I loved doing product testings. Got the magazines every month then it was every 3 months then disappeared altogether. Then could get recipes online by email from scout and they eventually stopped too.

Andrew David Mar 15, 2019

I also agree with all of these people who were lifetime members. This was obviously a scam! For the $349, nothing from them either. Lesson learned.

• Li
    Lisa Chrouch-Johnson Feb 02, 2019

I too am a lifetime member #[protected] and paid $349.00 and have received nothing in years. And when they did send me stuff they charged me. Like $33.00 for an, It's ALL About Desserts cookbook. And I still have my paperwork!

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Lisa Chrouch-Johnson I’ve been a lifetime member since 2010!! I found my paperwork while doing ‘fall’ cleaning. UGH!! I had not received ANYTHING from them in FOREVER! This is SO WRONG that they can just take our money and RUN!! Makes it SO HARD to ever trust another online company.

• Ka
    Karen Flodquist Guerra Jan 15, 2019

I just checked scout.com and it's a sports thing. I'm so glad I like the pots and pan set I bought. live and learn, I guess...

• Rt
    Rtanna Jan 07, 2019

Me too, I'm in the same boat also. Had paid a lot to become a lifetime member and all of a sudden just stopped receiving the magazines and products to review. Did not even get a letter or an email from them about the change. Very sad since the magazines used to be nice and the information shared and recipes were good too.

Susanchouteau Dec 21, 2018

This is interesting because I as well as a lot of you is or was, depending on if they are not around a premier club member. I was wondering why I has not received any magazines in a while. I was getting the product to test for a while, which was good quality merchandise, but all of a sudden it all quit.

• Ju
    Julia M. Nusrallah Dec 09, 2018

I am concerned that my information was transferred to this so called SCOUT.COM - ? That is a sports website? I am so confused about who has our information.

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

I did not know that they were bankrupt...I guess there is no recourse.

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

I want to know how to get my money back...I am in agreement with banding together...it has taken so many leads that go NOWHERE. Is there help out there?

• Rm
    rm2dewitt Dec 02, 2018

I too, was a Cooking Club of America Premier Life Member and paid the membership fees. I don't understand how a (then) reputable company change and treat their customers like this. When Scout took over, I was unable to get any information from them. As if it was a 'ghost' company, now if you type SCOUT.COM on your browser, the you'll find a website affiliated with the NFL. If the club is no longer available, then we deserve our money back. It just amazes me how hundreds or may even thousands of club members are being treated like this. I wonder if this website is even being monitored anymore. I would hate to think that the owners of this site is just ignoring us.

• Lo
    Louise53 Dec 06, 2018

@rm2dewitt It seems to me, and I am surprised no one else mentioned this, the company went bankrupt. I got a lot of quality stuff from them, including their very-well-put-together magazines. I do not think they were a scam. I knew that "lifetime membership" didn't really mean MY lifetime. I agree that they should have notified everyone but imagine the cost of that. Refund? Did we sign anything that gave them an obligation to continue? I can't remember, personally. I think when you bankrupt, you are "off-the-hook".

• Cr
    crazy granny Nov 19, 2018

I have been a LIfe Time member # [protected] since 2001 but, haven't heard from anyone for some time. I now read all the complaints above and realize we are all caught up in a royal swindle. So sorry as I really enjoyed my years we received items, loved my pots and pans.
    Is there no one that can answer our questions and full fill the memberships??

• Es
    EStacia Arriaga Nov 17, 2018

Agree! Unreal! I can't believe it. I thought I was the only one who paid a ton and got nothing! I hate that all of us got ripped off. I am glad I found this. Reading everyone's comments made me feel like I got a chance to really vent. I'm in if we can find a lawyer for a class action. I will start asking around, but be sure to include me if anyone else finds someone.

• Ce
    Cece Stevens Nov 06, 2018

Maybe if someone is a lawyer or has access to one then we could do a complaint and file a Lawsuit against cooking club of America and see our money and damages back. I also lost $349 for a lifetime membership in 1995 and was very active in the club. then it turned to SCOUT.COM and you needed to pay for things. I also contacted and was told they were now SCOUT and all the same benefits there. Scout on the other hand did not agree with this.
    I personally would rather see my $349 back at least.

• Le
    Leamea Jun 12, 2019

@Cece Stevens I certainly agree with all those that are making a complaint . I have been a Premier Life Member since 2000. We were also added to a website called Cook-in.com We were to receive magazines on going with many perks. Where are the many Chefs that were a part of the Club? My husband is a life member of the Handyman's Club. I also like crafts so I joined the Creative Crafts Club, for sure they all were scammers and need to be reprimanded to a high degree.

• Pa
    Paysongirl Oct 30, 2018

Also was disillusioned by this scam at a time when my kids were young and money was tight, yet I fell for it...shame on them!

• Uf
    uffdaostr Oct 19, 2018

I agree with all of these people who were lifetime members fo the Cooking Club as I was. We paid in good faith and now I would like my money back also. Maybe we need to band together and get a class action suit going to get our dues back. Also the Gardening CLub.

• Uf
    uffdaostr Oct 19, 2018

• Ni
    Nina Scrabeck Nov 05, 2020

@uffdaostr Considering how many of us there are, a class action aw-suit is very much in order. I have my card, but the pots and pans are long gone.Tried several times to apply for test products, but never got a response.I, too; amvery disappointed in this"group" that took our money and gave us so little!

• Tw
    tweedleduh02 Oct 18, 2018

I was a lifetime member as well since 2006 and have also stopped receiving all benefits. If its not available anymore I want my money back. loved the magazines, books, and products to test. I use to receive a Free Cookingclub Magizine nearly every month without fail.

• Mi
    Mirina Moon Oct 07, 2018

I was a Cooking Club of America Premier Life Member and paid the same $349.00 I still have my card and was a member since 12/2002. If its not available anymore I want my money back. I never did get anything good from them either. So there is no club anymore? I want my money back. I added my card picture but hid my name and number. Proof enough I am a life member.

Comments

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

@Mirina Moon I also am a "lifetime member" and would like my money back...nothing has happened...is there any help anywhere?? out 349$$

• St
    Stacey McCoy Sep 25, 2018

I was a Lifetime Member of Cooking Club of America as well since July of 2000. It is such a shame that this company has disappeared with everyone’s money and didn’t even give notice, apologize, or give the newer members their money back. How disgraceful! I loved the magazines, books, and products to test. You can’t tell me that there isn’t a need for that anymore!

• Ki
    kikiaggie Sep 24, 2018

I'm in the same boat, been a lifetime member for about 15 years, and stopped receiving the magazine and products to review years ago.

• Ei
    Eileen2018 Dec 18, 2018

@kikiaggie Yes Me As Well, But They Got $500.00 Out Of Me! All I Ever Got Was My Pots And Pans, I've Been A Lifetime Member Since 2005! And All The BBB Is Willing To Do Is Give Them A "Bad Rating?!" What A Crock! Stay Away From These Ripoff Artitist!!

• Vi
    Vicky Buss Sep 08, 2018

I guess we all have been, cause I don't get my Magazine and been with them since 2007. I was a lifetime member too. I think that we should get something back because we sent them money for a lifetime magazine. #[protected].

• Pa
    Paul428 Jul 30, 2018

I've been a member ever since August of 2005 # [protected] and like many of you I was scammed also...I did receive the pans, yet had to pay for the books. I want my money back.