Cooking Club of Americalifetime member account changed to scout.com

R

Elsie Vergara Life Time Member # [protected] Last Billing Date: 01/23/2013 Billing # LTCW2984 Customer # [protected] I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF COOKING CLUB OF AMIERICA, Member #[protected]. I paid all my dues, used to receive the magazines for free as a lifetime member as well as my choice of testing products. Now come to find out that the website no longer exist and it was changed to SCOUT.COM; which I have access to but I don't recall ever signing up with them, but my information from COOKING CLUB was transferred to SCOUT.COM, but the kicker is that I'm no longer a LIFETIME MEMBER, AND NOW i HAVE TO PAY MORE FEES IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. I am extremely disappointed with COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA, Now I know that this was a SCAM all along. If there was a way that I could get my money back from these "A*&%$#", I would, because I spend a total of $299.00 for a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP that I never got to use, because the magazines that I received, I had to pay for those SEPARATE from my LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT, because at the time I WAS NOT A FULL TIME MEMBER. And yes I got taken in by Scammers. There is no way to contact this company to find out what happened, If anyone out there has any information regarding this issue, please contact me via Email: [protected]@YAHOO.COM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely, Elsie Vergara

lifetime member account changed to scout.com
lifetime member account changed to scout.com

Stacy17 Apr 23, 2016

I was also a lifetime member (2003) and not only of the cooking club but of the creative home arts club also. I recently moved and I tried to log in to both clubs to change my address, and it's like I don't exist. I would like my benefits from both clubs, but if they are not going to honor my lifetime benefits, that I paid for, I want my money back.
    cooking club# [protected]
    creative home arts club # [protected]

• Mi
    Mirina Moon Oct 07, 2018

@Stacy17 did you ever get your money back

• Sh
    Sharond642 Jun 15, 2019

@Stacy17 Well, I’m glad I know what happened. I was just googling their email address so I could see what happened. So we’ve been had huh? The magazines used to come monthly then every other month then quarterly now nothing. I never got anything good from them either. I think some season salt or something like that once. I did like the magazine though. That’s one of the only ones I liked. Oh well... I don’t think we’ll get anything if they cancelled the magazine all together.

• Th
    T Hale Oct 12, 2019

@Stacy17 Same thing happened to me! I started my memberships about the same time as you. That was a lot of money for some people to lose. Thank goodness I had a two income family at the time.

• Wa
    Wanda Losee Apr 06, 2017

I agree. They got $349 from me for a life time membership and never received anything worthwhile. What a scam this was. Wrote a complaint to the State of Minnesota's Attorney General but never heard anything from them.

STravel123 Jul 28, 2017

cooking club of american, contacted bbb but no response about cooking club of american. I also purchased a lifetime membership in 2008 and have no luck in trying to find out what happened to the lifetime membership.
    have not been about to contact the other company either, telephone number does not work. anyone else with any other help, and thanks for listening pat gee

Glennette Nov 18, 2017

Hi i need to put my self back in please

Comments

Glennette Nov 18, 2017

Hello what do i have to do to put my self in the club

Hi how are you

Pat03 Apr 11, 2018

I also a life time member Got Scammed. #[protected]. Paid $349.00 and cannot get any response from anyone. Called 1-800 numbers. Tried to locate Mr. John Wilson V.P. Account services.Nothing. Betty Wray Executive Director Nothing. Anyone get a solution PLEASE respond. Pat.

• Mo
    mothermatrix Apr 19, 2018

I paid my life membership in Cooking Club of America, the Garden Club, and the Craft Club and lost everything when SCOUT.COM took over. We all got ripped off.

• Va
    Valerie Renslow Dec 08, 2019

@mothermatrix Me too!

• Mo
    Moniesue Apr 23, 2018

Yes, I too became a lifetime member. Received my pots and pans and magazines for awhile. They stopped. I went to get on the website and up comes Scout. I don't even know what this! Pretty upset. Couldn't get ahold of anyone. Why isn't BBB doing anything???

• Je
    Jewell Jessup Apr 24, 2019

@Moniesue Yes I too was a Lifetime member. I too received my pots and pans no magazines they stopped.I went to get onsite today and it's says now Scouts.com. Don't know who they are . BBB should do something to many ppl have been scammed.Dang!

• Tu
    Turner, Cheryl Jul 11, 2019

@Jewell Jessup I too am a member and have the card that they sent, I received my pots and pans and monthly magazines. Suddenly it all stopped no warnings or notifications.

• Cl
    Clayre Smith Jan 06, 2020

@Turner, Cheryl I have been a life time member since 2003! I received my pots and pans and a roasting pan. I also received a apron with my name on it. I would test rate products. I was encouraged to buy the collectables $30.00 dollars a pop !! There were 17 of them little things !! I have the mags too !! My Boyfriend was going to become a member tonight. Instead here we sit being scammed !! I will be looking how to find some compensation !! I will let everyone on here if it happens !!

• Al
    Allison Decker Ferguson May 15, 2018

I too have been scammed. Lifetime member since 1999. I never received any of the benefits that were advertised and feel wronged. Member #[protected] feels victimized and pissed.

• Ca
    Cathy Calcagno May 30, 2018

Hi I to am a Life Member #[protected] since May 2006. I have not received any magazines, nothing from kitchen. I spent enough money that I should have received gifts etc.
    I want to know what happened to the integrity of the company. I did enjoy this in beginning then nothing. Tell us why.

Gloria Arnold Jun 19, 2018

I have also been a Life Member #[protected] since 2006 I was wondering why I have not been getting the magazine or items to test I did get my pans but only after I called and told them I wanted my money back I would love to have my $349.00 back I hope all these complaints can get us results . I have not received anything from them in years and have never heard of Scout.com this was a Big Scam that seems to have taken many people .

Pam T. Jul 01, 2018

I have been a Life Member since 2005 and now changed my address since last year 2018. I am shocked as to what has happened. I use to receive a Free Cookingclub Magizine nearly every month without fail. I truly loved them. Got magizines from Creative HomeArts as well. Received certain items to test etc. I did get my Free Membership stuff the apron, trivet etc. It's a shame this has happened. The least Management could do for ALL Members, reimburse the New Members and apologise to the Rest of us.

Paul428 Jul 30, 2018

@Pam T. I'm in total agreement.

Paul428 Jul 30, 2018

I've been a member ever since August of 2005 # [protected] and like many of you I was scammed also...I did receive the pans, yet had to pay for the books. I want my money back.

• Vi
    Vicky Buss Sep 08, 2018

I guess we all have been, cause I don't get my Magazine and been with them since 2007. I was a lifetime member too. I think that we should get something back because we sent them money for a lifetime magazine. #[protected].

• Ki
    kikiaggie Sep 24, 2018

I'm in the same boat, been a lifetime member for about 15 years, and stopped receiving the magazine and products to review years ago.

• Ei
    Eileen2018 Dec 18, 2018

@kikiaggie Yes Me As Well, But They Got $500.00 Out Of Me! All I Ever Got Was My Pots And Pans, I've Been A Lifetime Member Since 2005! And All The BBB Is Willing To Do Is Give Them A "Bad Rating?!" What A Crock! Stay Away From These Ripoff Artitist!!

Stacey McCoy Sep 25, 2018

I was a Lifetime Member of Cooking Club of America as well since July of 2000. It is such a shame that this company has disappeared with everyone’s money and didn’t even give notice, apologize, or give the newer members their money back. How disgraceful! I loved the magazines, books, and products to test. You can’t tell me that there isn’t a need for that anymore!

• Mi
    Mirina Moon Oct 07, 2018

I was a Cooking Club of America Premier Life Member and paid the same $349.00 I still have my card and was a member since 12/2002. If its not available anymore I want my money back. I never did get anything good from them either. So there is no club anymore? I want my money back. I added my card picture but hid my name and number. Proof enough I am a life member.

Comments

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

@Mirina Moon I also am a "lifetime member" and would like my money back...nothing has happened...is there any help anywhere?? out 349$$

• Tw
    tweedleduh02 Oct 18, 2018

I was a lifetime member as well since 2006 and have also stopped receiving all benefits. If its not available anymore I want my money back. loved the magazines, books, and products to test. I use to receive a Free Cookingclub Magizine nearly every month without fail.

• Uf
    uffdaostr Oct 19, 2018

• Uf
    uffdaostr Oct 19, 2018

I agree with all of these people who were lifetime members fo the Cooking Club as I was. We paid in good faith and now I would like my money back also. Maybe we need to band together and get a class action suit going to get our dues back. Also the Gardening CLub.

Paysongirl Oct 30, 2018

Also was disillusioned by this scam at a time when my kids were young and money was tight, yet I fell for it...shame on them!

• Ce
    Cece Stevens Nov 06, 2018

Maybe if someone is a lawyer or has access to one then we could do a complaint and file a Lawsuit against cooking club of America and see our money and damages back. I also lost $349 for a lifetime membership in 1995 and was very active in the club. then it turned to SCOUT.COM and you needed to pay for things. I also contacted and was told they were now SCOUT and all the same benefits there. Scout on the other hand did not agree with this.
    I personally would rather see my $349 back at least.

• Le
    Leamea Jun 12, 2019

@Cece Stevens I certainly agree with all those that are making a complaint . I have been a Premier Life Member since 2000. We were also added to a website called Cook-in.com We were to receive magazines on going with many perks. Where are the many Chefs that were a part of the Club? My husband is a life member of the Handyman's Club. I also like crafts so I joined the Creative Crafts Club, for sure they all were scammers and need to be reprimanded to a high degree.

• Es
    EStacia Arriaga Nov 17, 2018

Agree! Unreal! I can't believe it. I thought I was the only one who paid a ton and got nothing! I hate that all of us got ripped off. I am glad I found this. Reading everyone's comments made me feel like I got a chance to really vent. I'm in if we can find a lawyer for a class action. I will start asking around, but be sure to include me if anyone else finds someone.

• Cr
    crazy granny Nov 19, 2018

I have been a LIfe Time member # [protected] since 2001 but, haven't heard from anyone for some time. I now read all the complaints above and realize we are all caught up in a royal swindle. So sorry as I really enjoyed my years we received items, loved my pots and pans.
    Is there no one that can answer our questions and full fill the memberships??

• Rm
    rm2dewitt Dec 02, 2018

I too, was a Cooking Club of America Premier Life Member and paid the membership fees. I don't understand how a (then) reputable company change and treat their customers like this. When Scout took over, I was unable to get any information from them. As if it was a 'ghost' company, now if you type SCOUT.COM on your browser, the you'll find a website affiliated with the NFL. If the club is no longer available, then we deserve our money back. It just amazes me how hundreds or may even thousands of club members are being treated like this. I wonder if this website is even being monitored anymore. I would hate to think that the owners of this site is just ignoring us.

• Lo
    Louise53 Dec 06, 2018

@rm2dewitt It seems to me, and I am surprised no one else mentioned this, the company went bankrupt. I got a lot of quality stuff from them, including their very-well-put-together magazines. I do not think they were a scam. I knew that "lifetime membership" didn't really mean MY lifetime. I agree that they should have notified everyone but imagine the cost of that. Refund? Did we sign anything that gave them an obligation to continue? I can't remember, personally. I think when you bankrupt, you are "off-the-hook".

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

I want to know how to get my money back...I am in agreement with banding together...it has taken so many leads that go NOWHERE. Is there help out there?

Booknee Dec 06, 2018

I did not know that they were bankrupt...I guess there is no recourse.

• Ju
    Julia M. Nusrallah Dec 09, 2018

I am concerned that my information was transferred to this so called SCOUT.COM - ? That is a sports website? I am so confused about who has our information.

• Su
    Susanchouteau Dec 21, 2018

This is interesting because I as well as a lot of you is or was, depending on if they are not around a premier club member. I was wondering why I has not received any magazines in a while. I was getting the product to test for a while, which was good quality merchandise, but all of a sudden it all quit.

• Rt
    Rtanna Jan 07, 2019

Me too, I'm in the same boat also. Had paid a lot to become a lifetime member and all of a sudden just stopped receiving the magazines and products to review. Did not even get a letter or an email from them about the change. Very sad since the magazines used to be nice and the information shared and recipes were good too.

• Ka
    Karen Flodquist Guerra Jan 15, 2019

I just checked scout.com and it's a sports thing. I'm so glad I like the pots and pan set I bought. live and learn, I guess...

• Li
    Lisa Chrouch-Johnson Feb 02, 2019

I too am a lifetime member #[protected] and paid $349.00 and have received nothing in years. And when they did send me stuff they charged me. Like $33.00 for an, It's ALL About Desserts cookbook. And I still have my paperwork!

Andrew David Mar 15, 2019

I also agree with all of these people who were lifetime members. This was obviously a scam! For the $349, nothing from them either. Lesson learned.

Christine Hause Mar 23, 2019

Yes I was a life time member since 99. I got my pans, apron, spoon & plate (ceramic set). I loved doing product testings. Got the magazines every month then it was every 3 months then disappeared altogether. Then could get recipes online by email from scout and they eventually stopped too.

• Ri
    Richard Kenney Mar 28, 2019

I have been a life member since 2012 and I have not heard anything from the club since I finished paying off my life membership and receiving the pot and pan set. What happened?

Marjorie Broker Apr 24, 2019

I have been a member or I should say a life time member way back in 2006 and I have not gotten anything from
    you for a long time . I know I gave you my new five years ago when I moved to St. Croix Falls

My emai; is [protected]@gmail.com

Marjorie Broker
    904 N Washington ST.1
    St. Croix Falls Wi. 54024 Thank You

• Su
    Suzanne Fisher May 04, 2019

I am also a lifetime member #[protected] that hasn't received anything in years. Just found my information on it and decided to look at the website to change my address and found this site. I received a set of cookware with my purchase but still feel like I was taken advantage of.

Suzanne Fisher

AndreaG43 Jul 31, 2019

I too was a member & received my free items. The last ones I received were the pot & pans set back in 2011. After that I never received anything from them. Now I know why. I want my $ back too from my membership payments. I was a lifetime member. Member #[protected]
    This pisses me off. Has anybody found out if anything can be done about this?

Sally Davison Aug 16, 2019

I also was a lifetime member by paying the full amount of fees. The pans that I received were just okay in quality, nothing special. One of the quotes in the membership packet is "With Life Membership you get all that was promised". Not true. I would love to know what and why what happened.