Cooking Club of AmericaLifetime member account changed to scout.com

R

Elsie vergara life time member # [protected] last billing date: 01/23/2013 billing # ltcw2984 customer # [protected] I am a lifetime member of cooking club of amierica, member #[protected]. I paid all my dues, used to receive the magazines for free as a lifetime member as well as my choice of testing products. Now come to find out that the website no longer exist and it was changed to scout.com; which I have access to but I don't recall ever signing up with them, but my information from cooking club was transferred to scout.com, but the kicker is that i'm no longer a lifetime member, and now I have to pay more fees in order to get anything from this website. I am extremely disappointed with cooking club of america, now I know that this was a scam all along. If there was a way that I could get my money back from these "a*&%$#", I would, because I spend a total of $299.00 for a lifetime membership that I never got to use, because the magazines that I received, I had to pay for those separate from my lifetime membership account, because at the time I was not a full time member. And yes I got taken in by scammers. There is no way to contact this company to find out what happened, if anyone out there has any information regarding this issue, please contact me via email: [protected]@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance. Sincerely, elsie vergara

Lifetime member account changed to scout.com
Lifetime member account changed to scout.com

Alicia P. Jan 17, 2022

I am a life time member too.I spent a lot of money and got things to try for awhile and then it stopped. My resv# is A491235. I GUESS I WILL NEVER GET MY MONEY BACK.

Alexia Swanepoel Dec 12, 2021

I was also a lifetime member. I queried about the status of their magazine and my overall membership several times via email. Like many of you, I was first told that it was being revamped by Scout. Later, I was told that the product testing was not going away, and would remain a quality benefit to our club members. They were in the beginning stages of transitioning to a StuffStuff program, a new and improved "Invitation Only" Product Testing program located within the existing Club Website. I was provided my member number, but not a website link.

As much as I haven't liked this entire situation, clearly this ship has sailed.

• Ca
    Carol Fostercarol44 Sep 04, 2021

I didn't realize this until now and I have been a life time member since 2006.
    I very disappointed because I spent a lot of money also. Plus they stopped mailing me there magazine.

Comments

R. Tanna Jan 07, 2022

@Carol Fostercarol44 Same thing happened to me! I have been a lifetime member for a long time and paid a lot of money to become one. I have received anything from them in a long long time and when I tried to contact the club, there is no place that I can do that. Very disappointed and would at least like part of my money back, or a free membership along with the product testing program to whatever it is that is the new club. If there is a class case filed, I'm in!.

R. Tanna Jan 07, 2022

@R. Tanna BTW, I was also a Lifetime Member of National Garden club and that stopped too...

• Si
    Sister Piemaker Aug 22, 2021

Aug 22 2021 Upon googling for Cooking Club of America, being delivered to this site, and reading most of the previous comments I now see I'm another jilted lifetime member. If there's a class case, I would be interested, though, considering costs for litigation and the possible prorate the defendants might be able to apply, I don't see our monies being compensated for. I got the set of semi professional knives and a few other knick knacks. I'm learning, still, there are extremely few protected guarantees in life. I wonder how their employees fared. Thanks for having this site. Karen P.

• Ro
    Rose A. Aug 18, 2021

I also was a premiere lifetime member. From around 2006 or so. Around 2009 or so I received a mailing stating they were moving to all online, but was never able to get on the website to sign up for that. What a shame too, because like others here, I enjoyed the recipes and the testing samples. I certainly would be interested in a class action suit if one ever gets off the ground.

• To
    tommydee Jul 22, 2021

I was a Premier Life Member since 2007 -- I received a very nice set of pots and pans for my payment -- I'm sorry that they went bankrupt as I truly believe these people meant well but failed to see the financial risk.

• Ro
    Robin C99 Jul 27, 2021

@tommydee I was also a lifetime member and paid big money like many of you i also received the magazines for a while but then the stopped coming. I also believe that there should be a class action suit. Something needs to be done about this. Why should we be punished for the stupid actions of the company.

• Cooking with Francesca Aug 05, 2021

@tommydee I believe that also. I was not a lifetime member but did order things from them, including their magazines and Cook Book series (which were very reasonably priced). I used their services from 2000 and on. They sent me many nice little kitchen helpful gifts. Maybe they were too generous. I too feel that they started out with good intentions and enthusiasm. I hope that they can come back and start their program all over again and reinstate memberships. I would join this time-it was fun and helpful and I learned a lot from them.

• Sp
    Spicytail Jun 23, 2021

I was also a lifetime member and paid big money like many of you i also received the magazines for a while but then the stopped coming. I also believe that there should be a class action suit. Something needs to be done about this. My mother was also a life member of the Garden club also.

• Ti
    Tinkertown Jul 10, 2021

@Spicytail I was also a lifetime member and am very unhappy that with no notice the club just disappeared. I also spent a lot of money to join as premier life time member. It is sad how people take advantage of others like that. I also believe there should be class action suit.

SandraD2 Apr 20, 2021

I have been a lifetime member since 2002. I received the pots and pans years ago, also received magazines for a while. I also think we paid a lot of money for these memberships, and the company should have notified us if they were going bankrupt or just going out of business. [email protected]

• De
    Debbie36 Apr 10, 2021

I also was a life time member. I received my pots but never anything else for the last 23 years I paid 300. Plus magazine fees . I also feel very ripped off.

• Te
    Teri Sullivan Apr 06, 2021

My name is Teri Sullivan and I have been a Premier Life Time Member since 3/2011. They showered me with all kinds of things in the beginning but just like everyone else slowly everything started to fall apart. I had a harder time trying to reach them and my magazine started not to show up like it should. I'm also a Lifetime Member of National Garden club and the National Historical Society. The garden club dumped a bunch of garden stuff on me and would send seeds to plant in the winter up in Tennessee then want to know how they did growing I would be like it's winter here people and their not doing anything but then they disappeared and the History club they got my money and I never heard from them again. I also would like to do something but not sure we can do much of anything so if we can just let me know as I will be there.

sarah cooke Mar 27, 2021

I too paid big bucks for the LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP. That was back in 2004/2005 (I think). I got the pans and a cookbook maybe got 1 test product. Life got complicated and I didn't realize I stopped getting the magazine. Found the cookbook today and decided to find out if they were still around. I found this page instead. Why do we fall for these scams.
    PS. I was also a lifetime member of Gardening Club of America. Same deal.

• Di
    Dianalp55 Mar 21, 2021

I am a Life Member as well. Today was the first time I went to log in in a long while only to find out it no longer exists. What a rip off!!! Found this by doing a search to try to find out what happened. [email protected]

• Va
    varn4620 Feb 21, 2021

I am a life time member from way back also. If any information becomes available let me know. [email protected]

• Pr
    Pro chef Mar 18, 2021

@varn4620 I am/was a lifetime member starting in the early 2000’s. In my opinion, that’s when the publication was good and worth the money. It went downhill about the same time Food Network went downhill. I still use the cookbooks and the older magazine recipes because they’re still really good. The latter years felt like “semi-homemade”. Sorry you didn’t get your money’s worth. I feel like I got my money’s worth and then some when they were thriving.

• Et
    Ethel Powers Jun 22, 2021

@Pro chef Hi Pro Chef. I assumed they would go out of business eventually. Things changed after the early 2000s. I came looking for them because of a recipe. I hope you remember it... pasta dish where the only thing that needed cooking is the pasta. It had mozzarella and heavy cream.. do you remember it? I had it on an earlier computer that would boot so I could retrieve it.

• Jr
    JRS10087 Jan 23, 2021

I was a lifetime member as well. I would hope that we could somehow have a class action law suit.

• Za
    Zanni Dyer Feb 20, 2021

@JRS10087 Me too!!!

• Er
    Erin Schlink Mar 05, 2021

@JRS10087 I THINK THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO GOT SCAMED BY THIS COMPANY, I AGREE WHY DON'T WE CHECK INTO A CLASS ACTION SUIT. ERIN SCHLINK

Jana Z Mar 18, 2021

@JRS10087 I have been a member since 2011 and never received any magazines and only one thing to test. I would love to be included in the class action law suit. Please let me know if it happens at [email protected] Thank you!

• St
    Steve Domina Dec 15, 2021

@Erin Schlink My wife got sucked in when I wasn't looking. I am constantly remined whenever I look on the top of the stove to see her (now chipped) spoon holder. I know there has to be ONE lawyer's wife out there that got scammed too! Sign me up. [email protected]

Alysia Saleice Estes Jan 11, 2021

I was just going through files and came across my Life Member and Charter Member CCoA cards. I loved the magazines. I figured this was happening because the magazines had a lot of wonderful content. They kept getting smaller and smaller and less frequent. It's sad it appears to have gone bankrupt. I don't know, I think the people started it up and lost passion. I received what I was told. I guess lifetime meant their lifetime of CCoA. I miss it, but still have all my back copies and lots of their cards with recipes I had ordered from them. It was really cool in the beginning.

• Rb
    Rbaynes Dec 20, 2020

I also was a life member since 2/02 and thought they had gone out of business. Due to the fact that they're web address was defunct. Sad, I did receive pots and pans but nothing else. I always contacted them to become a product tester but, only got a rubber pot scrapper as a thank you... I don't think anyone will get anything back because it's been too long. Very sad that these people can just walk away without any punishment. Thieves!

Marie Buskey Redmond Nov 22, 2020

I too paid for a lifetime membership to the cooking club and when I started receiving less and less info from them I was very disappointed. I was told that I was going to be product testing and it never happened. I too would love to know what exactly happened to it and would love to get my money back...

• Ca
    Caree Connolly Oct 07, 2020

Found this post and can see that I too am in the same situation as everybody here. Became a Life Member of Cooking Club of America. Received the magazines, steamer, kitchen gadgets, and the personalized Life Time Member apron. Was confused when the cooking club web site changed. Then the magazines stopped coming. It might have once been a legitimate company because some of the other posts mention membership dating back to 2011 but someone somewhere did something wrong and walked away with lots of members money. No word to anyone. If there is ever any resolution to this, please let me know. [email protected]

• Lm
    LMFree Sep 10, 2020

I just found these posts. I was a Life Member of Creative Home Arts Club since 0/2003 and a Life member of Cooking Club of America since 8/2006. I received a set of pots and pans, and steamer basket from cook club. I believe I received a rolling scrap book storage bag and and bag from Home Arts. Loved the magazines from both. I received different magazines from different company here and there for a few years then nothing. If there is any law suit or info found out please include me.
    [email protected]

Aniceta Lara Aug 24, 2020

I was a lifetime member too n had moved 3x to diff address n cannot call them anymore to give my new address. Been paying my dues n wanting to get free cookware set as I almost reached the amount to get whole set. Decided today to check website n surprised to learn it’s not only me wondering what happened . All I have was apron w my first name from Cooking Club

• Tn
    TNoe Aug 07, 2020

I also joined as a lifetime member paying the full amount of dues. I joined in 2011. I only received the pots and pan and a couple of magazines. I want to be reimbursed for the money I paid for lifetime membership that no longer exist. Cooking Club of American did not offer what they promised.

Sugarbear2 May 04, 2020

I am another victim of this scam as I had completely forgotten about my lifetime membership (years ago before 22 plus years of marriage) until I found a plate with their name on it and decided to google them. All I can do is SMH after reading all the responses here.

Comments

• Na
    NanaBug4 Apr 29, 2020

so we all spent all this money for nothing in the end does anyone know if they plan on starting it up again

• Li
    lil_bru65 Apr 18, 2020

In response to @Snowing, Sprouted Kitchen's cooking club doesn't appear to be related, or at least it's not offering the same kind of lifetime membership incentives that CCoA did. I assumed CCoA had gone out of business once the magazines stopped coming, and it was confirmed when I accidentally clicked the bookmark to their now-defunct website today. But I didn't realize how many people didn't get their promised benefits. I still have and use my membership-stamped cookware set and measuring cups regularly, and until my husband broke it, I had a ceramic knife that I earned for a submission to one of the magazine's columns. So I'll consider myself fortunate that I got my money's worth out of them.

Also, in prior comments, others mentioned that CCoA was transferred to Scout.com or Scouts.com. That's no longer true either. Scout.com is now an offshoot of CBS Sports and it provides links and news on professional and college sports teams. Scouts.com is now an open domain name. Oddly, Amazon is offering a measurement conversion magnet purportedly manufactured by CCoA, but it's being sold by a company called UPA LLC.

• Ph
    Phil Slezak Jan 03, 2020

I have been a lifetime member since 2003 with Cooking Club of America and now no longer in business and they took my $349 and and just left me hanging along with all the other people who paid in. I would suggest we all entertain a class action law suit and trying to find out who purchased Cooking Club of America and just post on Facebook site of that company.

• Sn
    Snowing Nov 18, 2019

Are they operating now under “sprouted kitchen cooking club”? Because they charge $also or is there no relation?

• Sn
    Snowing Nov 18, 2019

I just found this site, as everyone else I too was a lifetime member. Sad, I really liked it when it was around. Is there not some kind of class action lawsuit that can be filed?

Sally Davison Aug 16, 2019

I also was a lifetime member by paying the full amount of fees. The pans that I received were just okay in quality, nothing special. One of the quotes in the membership packet is "With Life Membership you get all that was promised". Not true. I would love to know what and why what happened.

AndreaG43 Jul 31, 2019

I too was a member & received my free items. The last ones I received were the pot & pans set back in 2011. After that I never received anything from them. Now I know why. I want my $ back too from my membership payments. I was a lifetime member. Member #[protected]
    This pisses me off. Has anybody found out if anything can be done about this?

Suzanne Fisher May 04, 2019

I am also a lifetime member #[protected] that hasn't received anything in years. Just found my information on it and decided to look at the website to change my address and found this site. I received a set of cookware with my purchase but still feel like I was taken advantage of.

Suzanne Fisher

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Suzanne Fisher We were ALL taken advantage of. I became a lifetime member in 2010. I got my pots/pans, apron, etc. I was getting magazines and chances to review products for a while. Not sure how long. Then, I suddenly realized I wasn’t getting ANYTHING from them at all! Tried going to their website. It’s GONE!! I’m like WOW! I am NOT HAPPY!!

Marjorie Broker Apr 24, 2019

I have been a member or I should say a life time member way back in 2006 and I have not gotten anything from
    you for a long time . I know I gave you my new five years ago when I moved to St. Croix Falls

My emai; is [email protected]

Marjorie Broker
    904 N Washington ST.1
    St. Croix Falls Wi. 54024 Thank You

• Ri
    Richard Kenney Mar 28, 2019

I have been a life member since 2012 and I have not heard anything from the club since I finished paying off my life membership and receiving the pot and pan set. What happened?

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Richard Kenney Someone in an earlier complaint, said they went bankrupt.

Christine Hause Mar 23, 2019

Yes I was a life time member since 99. I got my pans, apron, spoon & plate (ceramic set). I loved doing product testings. Got the magazines every month then it was every 3 months then disappeared altogether. Then could get recipes online by email from scout and they eventually stopped too.

Andrew David Mar 15, 2019

I also agree with all of these people who were lifetime members. This was obviously a scam! For the $349, nothing from them either. Lesson learned.

• Li
    Lisa Chrouch-Johnson Feb 02, 2019

I too am a lifetime member #[protected] and paid $349.00 and have received nothing in years. And when they did send me stuff they charged me. Like $33.00 for an, It's ALL About Desserts cookbook. And I still have my paperwork!

seattlegirl Sep 26, 2020

@Lisa Chrouch-Johnson I’ve been a lifetime member since 2010!! I found my paperwork while doing ‘fall’ cleaning. UGH!! I had not received ANYTHING from them in FOREVER! This is SO WRONG that they can just take our money and RUN!! Makes it SO HARD to ever trust another online company.

• Ka
    Karen Flodquist Guerra Jan 15, 2019

I just checked scout.com and it's a sports thing. I'm so glad I like the pots and pan set I bought. live and learn, I guess...

Rtanna Jan 07, 2019

Me too, I'm in the same boat also. Had paid a lot to become a lifetime member and all of a sudden just stopped receiving the magazines and products to review. Did not even get a letter or an email from them about the change. Very sad since the magazines used to be nice and the information shared and recipes were good too.

Susanchouteau Dec 21, 2018

This is interesting because I as well as a lot of you is or was, depending on if they are not around a premier club member. I was wondering why I has not received any magazines in a while. I was getting the product to test for a while, which was good quality merchandise, but all of a sudden it all quit.

• Ju
    Julia M. Nusrallah Dec 09, 2018

I am concerned that my information was transferred to this so called SCOUT.COM - ? That is a sports website? I am so confused about who has our information.

• Bo
    Booknee Dec 06, 2018

I did not know that they were bankrupt...I guess there is no recourse.

Comment Guidelines