Consumers Energymeter reading

Jan-581
Feb-580
MARCH-(22, 763) and a bill for $4, 243.41
APRIL-(11, 806) estimated
May-650 actual read by tech.
We called consumers to tell them there is no way this can be correct so they send out a tech to read the meter .He tells us there is no way possible to have a meter read that high and of course the May bill is right on par with the year except those two months.
But consumers says that the bill will not be adjusted and we owe that amount.

meter reading

• Gi
    Gina Monteleone Nov 10, 2011

The same thing happened to me. They were sending me bills, during the winter, for $32.00 and $19.00.. Then all of the sudden they laid a whopping $2, 000 bill on me. It made no sense, to go from paying such a low amount to an enormous one. Apparently their reasoning for this was that the previous bills were just 'estimates, ' and the $2, 000 was what I truly owed. Hmm, okay. My neighbor had the same problem, and somehow got his bill reduced to $100. With me, they were unwilling to negotiate, but apparently there is a way to reason with them.

madatautodiallers Jun 20, 2011

Please contact us at [email protected] We have similar issue heading for the formal complaint process before a judge. CMS gave us the same general runaround. We made a complaint with the MPSC, that was also not handled. Finally, we have called the gov's office and it looks like we might get results. Below is the blanket letter I am posting multiple places in an effort to get more people involved in making a change.
    We are from Kalamazoo in a dispute with CMS and now with the MPSC concerning a tale that is too long and aggravating to go into a lot of detail about. I am asking for those of you on this board to please contact the MPSC([protected]) or [protected] for MI residents) and file your complaint. Then, call the gov's office and file the same complaint! We have been told that the MPSC actually has limited ability to force CMS to do anything! They answer to the gov's office([protected]). Why do we have a toothless regulatory agency? That's a good question that a Gov's office assistant we spoke with is going to look into. It begs the question- what recourse do the citizens of MI actually have if CMS is defrauding them? And, one could argue it is fraud if they advertise and promise to deliver efficient and reliable energy- but ignore problems with the delivery that could be costing their customers thousands of $ each year. Apparently we are the only people to ever contact the Gov's office about these kinds of problems. I'm not sure if I buy that, but if you do it and then let us know- then I guess we KNOW we aren't the only ones.
    It's really easy to ignore a small handful of complaints, something CMS are old pros at. When it's coming from the Gov's office, a larger group and hopefully a news article or two it gets harder to ignore. We are working towards a formal complaint in front of a judge- so please contact us with your tale. We won't divulge identifying info., but each complaint helps us to know exactly what systems need fixing. [email protected]