Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarassing calls at work!

E

This company calls me on my job no fewer than 6 times a day. Currently I owe for last months payment and this month's payment goes past due on Friday. I will pay these people. In the meantime, although they have an alternate number for me, they call me at work. I work in a call center and can not make outgoing phone calls unless I am on a break. The call and leave me multiple messages and if I don't call back soon enough they call my co workers (our number are in numerical order by desk). I have some people coming to my desk that don't even know me to tell me that my bill collectors are calling about my car or they have asked my bill collectors to stop calling and they won't. This is unbelievable. I don't care much to talk to them because they say things like what is more important to you eating or driving to work? They have threatened to come to my job and take the car and then how will I get home. That is really unprofessional for someone to say. They need to be stopped. I have asked repeatedly that they stop calling but they wont.

• Co
    confusednupset Apr 08, 2014

I just paid off my loan. They state that I still owe about 1600 in "late fees" that have accrued over the term of the loan. On my credit report, there are several marks that show "30 days late' I requested a complete payment summary. They did send it. I meticulously looked over the payment summary. I was blown away! About 13 or 14 months into the loan I made one payment late about 10 days which accrued a fee...and is listed as such, but do not believe the payment was actually late, just processed late which created the fee to trigger. The very next month, my ENTIRE PAYMENT was taken as INTEREST!!! Mind you, this payment was not late even 10 days from due date, but...From that point on, every single month, due to that payment being used as "interest", every other subsequent payment I made that I thought was "on time" was 30 days late and was reported as such to all 3 credit bureaus!!! I called today to attempt to resolve this issue. I spoke with a "collection account manager" ... "assigned to me" to discuss this issue. Her "manager" listened in and was directing her but refused to directly speak to me. They said the payment that was processed as "interest" was due to a late payment. I explained that it was not late, and that I was never informed that this payment was used in that manner, which created the subsequent 30 day lates for much of the loan. Thus reflecting negatively on my 3 bureaus. There were a few other times where my entire payments was used as interest. She was instructed by her manager to tell me they were "within their rights" to use the entire payment as interest and that they were not obligated to inform me as to how much is being allocated to interest or principle. This whole thing is ridiculous. There was no rhyme or reason as to how much was interest and how much was principle from month to month. One month there would be about half my payment as interest, others used 75% or more, others were 30% . No set pattern as is common to traditional simple interest loans.
    She said she would ( out of courtesy) make my last 3 payments current on my bureau...but can do nothing about the other late payments on my bureau. (regardless of fault)
    Can someone let me know if there is a group being developed to do something about this?? There are power in numbers!
    email me... [email protected]
    Thanks

Stop Predator Bankers Now! Feb 12, 2014

Seems like a class action suit is in order for Consumer Portfolio Services. They are a greedy ripoff company who takes far more than they deserve in interest.

Stop Predator Bankers Now! Feb 12, 2014

Sounds like a class action suit is in order for Consumer Portfolio Services

mary ann simon Nov 18, 2013

cps is very nasty n mean to their custermers, , calls u repeatly, , demanding payment...I have had plenty harrassing calls in the past, , 2009, 2010..I deserve compensation...

mary ann simon Nov 18, 2013

Mary ann simon, po box 214, abbeville, sc, 29620, cps custurmer, ,

• Du
    dualhigh Jan 07, 2013

I opened an auto loan with Consumer Portfolio Services in 11/2011, It is now 1/2013. I decided to log on to my account and see what my payoff was. When I checked the amount, I was amazed to see that they only took 974.00 off of my balance...My payments are 381.00 a month ???? even at 18.9%, it does not add up. They took almost 75% of my payments for interest.
    I have another auto loan with a different company for the same rate ( but 100 a month less ) and they applied over 2000.00 to the principle. I noticed that CPS on 4 different payments had kept the whole amount for interest... Is there not a law in the state of PA, that states they can only take a certain percentage ??? I need help on what to do next ??

Not a fan of CPS Nov 07, 2012

I am sick and tired of the lies they tell. I set up recurring payments and now they tell me I didn't qualify for recurring payments. I must have my payments made on or before the due date. Well I am paying my car note each month. You are collecting the interest (whether I am paying after the due date or note). Why are you harrassing me. Ms. Jones' attitude is horrible. She talks to you like you are the ### of the earth. Then when I confront her about her attitude, I didn't have a attitude. She tells me "I can make it hard for you and have your car picked up since I have an attitute" Okay, If you are ever advised to get a loan through them, please see if you can get someone else. What makes it so bad is that if one can help solve the problem, then they transfer you to someone else when they don't know or want to know the facts. From our notes...because you are reading notes doesn't mean that the person captured all of the notes.

• Ju
    just a fax number Jul 05, 2012

We are going through bankruptcy and have moved from one state to another, in this process, we need a fax number (yeah a fax number) from the title department to have our title sent to the county we live in, in order for us to get tags, registration on our car, believe it or not as i am typing this i am still on hold with them, it has been almost 2 hours. From what i have read above i am so appauld by what i have read. How can any company do business this way.

• Li
    LilMonsterMama Apr 19, 2012

OMG! I had the exact same experiences with them! I can't believe what I'm reading! I thought that I was just getting nasty people handling my account, not to mention the fact that my ex was not helping the situation because he would lie about such things... I finally found a person that was half way decent and didn't degrade me constantly and I only talked to him. I refused to speak to the other people that called, continuously, at work and my family members, threatening with repossessing my van. I lodged several complaints with managers but it did no good. My van was paid off in September of 2011 and I still haven't received my title. I will NEVER get a loan from this company again...

• Km
    Kmalonewolf Mar 29, 2012

I have a loan with these [censored]. They call me at work. Big no no. They repossessed my vehicle when my husband lost his job. The purchaser of the vehicle called me on my work number and knew my name. WTF? This buyer could be a serial killer for all I know and they lied and said they didn't give it to him. They tried to say he got it off the Internet. Not my name and personal work number he didn't. What a bunch of losers.

RebeccaMolina Nov 01, 2011

This company has the most rude black people working for them. We were having a bit of hard time and called several times to make arrangements. The yelled and talked to me like a stupid fool. Talk about customer support. They hung up on me when I tried to explain my situation and make arrangements. I never took them I was not going to pay. They said they were going to take my payment from the bank and I told them NO and they still proceeded to do so and ruined my bank account. We decided to trade the vehicle and go somewhere else so that we wouldn't have to deal with these ###. We traded in the vehicle and it was paid off and check was mailed to them. Well they are still trying to within payments from my checking even if they are paid off. What a bunch of unprofessional jerks. Thanks God I put a stop payment on anyone from the evil company CPS. I hope they burn in hell from making us go through hell and I hope their employee have rotten lives they deserve and are treated like dogs the way they treat their customers.

• Lo
    lost1 Oct 02, 2011

File a complaint about them to the FTC. If so many people file a complaint an investigation will take place. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Jackueline Reed May 09, 2011

This was a mistake of getting my vehicle financed through CPS because they are not deducting the money I send in from the balance. I have been paying this company ever since October 15, 2006 and they say I owe $5, 379.59 which is not correct because I was sending them payments a month in advance and I was paying over the amount of my car note which is $280. The reason I am a month behind in my payments is because I work for a college and we are not for sure if we are going to be let go or laid off at any given time. Our checks have been short and insurance has gone up. This company is very unprofessional and an investigation needs to be done at this company. I would like to know if the shoe was on the other foot what would they do. When you do send in over the amount of the car note you are paying, they are applying most of the money to interest instead of your note. It should be a way that when you pay like this they should apply the remaining balance to your note and instead of you paying that amount, you should pay the difference like your electric bill or cable.

• Li
    Liz Velez Apr 08, 2011

I voluntarily surrendered my car to then in February of 2010. It's now April of 2011 and they're still hounding me constantly about my "responsibility" to pay off the remaining balance owed after they sold the vehicle at auction. I was just informed by my boss and another attorney here whom I used initially as references on my application with them that they received a call from "my" rep at CPS. I want to know why with the amount of complaints and obvious questionable business practices, this company continues to be allowed to operate? Is there nothing we can do to shut them down? Luckily, the people I work for are very understanding; however, it's still embarrassing, especially considering I no longer own the damned vehicle!!

• Pr
    project626 Apr 05, 2011

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    [protected]
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person
    Otherwise, everytime you call. get the persons name who you spoke with and inform them that you are recording the conversation

• Se
    Serina Brown Mar 09, 2011

I have received many harrassing calls and threats from CPS. Just last week I received a threatning nasty message on my voicemail at work. She was nasty and she said, I don't know why you are not answering our calls, you need to just take care of your responsibility! Then hung up abruptly. I have spoke with them about how they have treated me, but there has been no change. Something needs to happen! I no way is it alright for a company to treat customers the way they do.

reettttt Nov 30, 2010

I had issues with the company as well. I'm here in Orlando, Fl. They are VERY rude. One of the so-called managers told me I need to "get them there [censor]ing money", because I was behind in my payments due to job loss because of the economy. Everytime I spoke to them they were rude and unprofessional, but that was the final straw. I told him to go [censor] his self and come pick up the [censor]ing car, or I can drive it to their [censor]ing office. Then I think they realized how bad he handled the situation. so then a woman started calling me. We made plans to do a voluntary repo, which is what I was trying to do for months. Very long story short, they sold the car suppossedly at an auction for...$2500!! The car was a top of the line model and a very desirable car, a 2003 with basically every option you can think of. I paid more than that for a 95 Saturn before! Now, I basically still owe the same amount I owed before they "sold" it. Doesn't make sense...

• El
    Eli4aref Nov 16, 2010

I've been dealing with this company for over three years and refuse to spk with anybody with this RUDE and DISREPECTFUL company. I just make my payments right online. But when you are running late with your monthly payment these people are absolutely ruthless!!! They have now decided to start calling and leaving messages in my neighbors (two so far) answering machines, Absolutely discusting!!! A complete violation of my privacy and the FTC section 806 regulations, which I already file a complaint with, the BBB and tomorrow the attorney general. I'm actually considering searching for a lawyer and suing them. I look foward to the day I have the last payment for this car. I plan to piss on that money and personally dropping it off in the corporate offive in VA!!! Don't do ANY business with these ruthless, mobster-like, haglers, dispicable company, you will live years of absolute horror!!!

• Pr
    project626 Nov 11, 2010

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    [protected]
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person.

• Me
    MelMill Nov 01, 2010

We have been dealing with a auto finance company for 3 yrs, we ended up voluntary surrendering vehicle due to their constant hounding us, even if one day late they would call every phone we had sometimes 2-3 times daily and even call relatives and friends stating they were "CPS calling" they are consumer portfolio services. We set up arrangements of $50 mth they said it costs US $12 extra for them to process, due each mth on the 15th, they start calling us as early as the 5th of each mth every single day threats if we do not call back and "confirm" payment on the 15th. They call any and every number they have or can come up with. We have even been forced to change all our numbers and instruct family and friends to simply hang up on them!!!

annar1203 Oct 26, 2010

yes I agree I cant wait to finish paying off my car b/c this is the most unprofessional psycho company ever !!! they are so un-compassionate and rude.. the CEO of this company needs to do so firing and rehiring !

SabrinaFair101 Oct 05, 2010

I filed a lawsuit against them and I won. They have yet to pay the judgment. Would you believe they came the whole way across the country for 2 grand?

They lost and they still haven't paid. I've done everything I can to collect the judgment, but they will not pay.

MAD AND PISSED OFF Sep 09, 2010

HELLO TO EVERYONE THAT READS THIS REPLY. C.P.S. HAS BEEN KNOWN TO RIP OFF CONSUMES FOR THE LONGEST. I TO HAE BEEN THREATEN BY ONE PARTICULAR REP, IT HAS COME TO THE POINT THAT I REFUSE TO DEAL WITH THIS REP. FROM THREATS, CALLING FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT AREN'T ON THE LIST, TO SCREAMING AT ME. I WAS TOLD BYE A CAR DEALER THAT I WENT TO TODAY THAT THEY DON'T HOW CPS STOOD OPEN THIS LONG. THAT MANY CAR DEALERS WON'T DEAL WITH THEM BECAUSE OF THERE PAST HISTORY. THIS FINANCE COMPANY HAS GONE TO FAR WITH HOW THEY TOWARDS US CONSUMERS. THIS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY THAT I HAD TO DEAL WITH. I CAN'T WAIT FOR WHEN IT'S THERE TURN TO BE IN THE HOT SEAT. MAD AND PISSED OFF

READ THIS NOW! Jul 30, 2010

I, too, have been dealing with a nightmare with regards to my auto loan with CPS.
    They have contacted our references numerous times and provided personal information regarding the status of my loan and made threats to them.
    When my account is up to date, their invoices show that I am a month behind. The amount they say I owe in fees, etc. is always different when I speak to someone else. Two months ago, my billing history on their website said I was paid in full. Now, they say I have accumulated over $600.00 in late fees (but they won't tell me how/why!) Even though I requested it, they NEVER provide an explanation.
    I informed them that I was going to contact a lawyer regarding their ILLEGAL collection tactics, and all they do is mock me now on their voicemail messages regarding this. They have harrassed my husband's place of business so much, that it has greatly impacted my husband's job security.
    To all who are reading this... if you want something done about it... don't just sit there and complain (even though it feels good to vent and get it off your chest)...
    BE SURE to file complaints to all of the below listed organizations:
    Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov) - click on the Consumer Protection Tab, and then "File a complaint".
    California State Attorney General (www.ag.ca.gov) and scroll down to the "consumer complaints" tab at the bottom of the main page. This is where the company's headquarters are.
    YOUR State's Attorney General - not only are there Federal Debt Collection laws, there may be laws in your state too (sometimes even stricter than federal)
    Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) - click on "File a complaint"

• Mi
    missmel21283 Jul 30, 2010

They just did the same thing to me, they took two payments out within a week from each other, after telling me that they dont keep account information for my security so tell me how they were able to take the other payment. The rep i work with is Ron, and he is such a jerk, he never lets me get a word in, and he sounds like he is on speed. Then he demands to know why I fell behind. Not to mention he demanded to know what time I was going to call him back to make my payment, which was scheduled 10 days away from the conversation date. I told him I worked and it was when I could take a break, and he said that wasnt good enough.

I use to really like them, I had an amazing rep that I work with and her customer service was awesome, but now OMG these people are so rude. The most unprofessional companyI have ever spoke to.I refuse to give my payment to this Ron guy again so everytime he calls I hang up the phone andcall back to get someone else after I complain about him, then they transfer me back to him. Guess Im not going to make my payment and just hide the car lol, I dont know what else to do.

How do we go about filing a class action suit?

• Am
    Amy Verwey Jul 29, 2010

CPS has to be the worst company to deal with in regards to a car loan. They have contacted me harassing my references along with contacting me at work. They have debited my checking account unauthorized recently in which I did get the funds back. However, sent me a notice in the mail that on 6/30/10 I gave a verbal authorization to deduct money out of my checking account. They had a confirmation no. and everything. When you call a Supervisor and leave a message, they never return a call.

Also, I have been contacted after 9pm on an unknown number and CPS comments to that was: "Well looking at the call records, there would be no way it was one of our employees". Hmm, could it be that maybe one of your employees has a personal vendeta against me and called from there own personal cell phone (I have had them text me before). I had a screaming match with whoever was on the other line requesting them to identify themselves.

This company has to be stopped!! There are violating the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act in so many ways (disclosing that they are going to take legal action to one of my references, etc., etc.). If someone says to stop calling there work, this means STOP CALLING!!.

stmahe2002 Jul 23, 2010

As I see there are lots of people dealing with this company and getting the same harrasment phone calls as I do. I have several complaints about this company. I have realized that if you are just 3 days late on a payment they start calling your phone, work phone, even my fathers phone. At one time I was $138 short on a payment and my next payment was due within 2 days. They called my work one day and lucky me who answers the phone at my job (which employs over 500 people mind you). We are not allowed personal phone calls either so I said she is not in and cannont receive personal phone calls either. The lady then said WELL I KNOW THIS IS HER! And I am telling her its not and blah blah blah and hung up the phone...well go figure they keep calling and I have to answer the phone and we do not have caller ID in there if its an outside call. She got an attitude with me and then said well can I talk to her supervisor? This is not allowed they can't get your work and others in your personal financial problems. Eventually I just said I was going to pay the balance in two days when I get my check. They set me up to believe a towing company was outside looking for my car and I had to pay them the balance now or my car will be towed. I went ahead and did it and left it at that. Well another time I was almost 30 days behind once again and they called my job again! I was'nt in yet because I work 2nd shift and the guy asked my coworker why I wasn't at work!!! She got an attitude back at him and hung up. Every worker there I have talked to is rude and has no sense. As of right now I just paid them $300 a week ago from me being past due due to a relocation and start of a new job...I am currently 2 weeks behind on my payment this month and they call me at least 4 times a day...probably more because I have no service at my job so I cant get any phone calls! Something needs to be done to this company!

• Cp
    cps sucks big time Jun 15, 2010

I agree with all of the above posts!! CPS IS THE WORST COMPANY, their agents are rude and very unprofessional! I have informed them several times not to call me at work because I work for a government agency and personal calls are not allowed. They continue to call my job not my home to inform me when my payment is due, oh my goodness do not let it be late then they call over and over again. They leave messages on voice mails, 2 of my co-workers with similar extensions have received messages for me. I just made my payment and a representative told me that I owe over $800.00 in late fees that have built up over the years! No way!! I think they are doing this because I am at the end of my loan and they are trying to get extra money from me. Each of us must find a way to file a class action law suit against them.

• Oc
    ochelle Jun 14, 2010

CPS is very unprofessional. Ok these people calls me daily sometimes 3 times a day. I owe 3 payments yes 3 payments and some unheard of amount in late fees. I received an call from a former co-worker that these cps folks had been calling my former employer. I notified cps of me being laid-off yet they still call my old employer. WOW... I'm behind 1 note so I have 3 payments instead of 2 left. Ok don't get me wrong I'm behind a payment but I thought I worked that out with my so call representative. 3 payments and they are ready to call out the dogs WOW. Needless to say I will never finance through CPS ever again in life...

Madd in 46214 Jun 04, 2010

i just had that issue today. i made a payment on my bank account using bill pay since cps charges you $12 to make the car payment. and i guess the bank never sent the funds but its still showing paid by my bank. now i get a phone call telling me i better borrow the money from someone or forfiet the car. i told them i am out of town and i can make a double payment in 1 week guaranteed. the guy asked me for the address to the city i was visiting cuz he wanted to come get the car. i told him i would be stranded if the came and got the car from where i was and he said he didnt care. he also hung up on me three times and interreted me telling me to shut up and listen to him. i ask to speak to a supervisor 7 times and he refused. this is the first problem i have had in two years as far as a messed up payment and they wont give me 7 days to pay the past due amount and the current amount off. they told me if the reposses it it will cost me almost 1200 dollars when i only owe them 355. hows that for customer service.

• Ya
    yanezleticia Jun 03, 2010

yes lets get a class acction against these thiefs !!!

• Gr
    grantly Mar 16, 2010

This company sucks!!! Calls all the time multiple times a day with threats and lies. Calls yelling at my boss. They are rude im not even 30 days behind. Calling my grandmothers house the day we buried my grandpa and telling her that they are coming to take my car away and making her cry.

• Da
    daddy ohh Mar 05, 2010

I have dealt with CPS for the past 5 years for a car note. They are rude and call upwards of six times a day. You need to record the phone calls and tell them you are recording them. According to the Fair Credit Act they cannot call you at work if you cant take phone calls or it interferes with your job. You MUST send a registered letter to them stating so and get a return receipt showing when it was signed for. The collectors also claim that they are an attorney for CPS and try to use that as a scare tactic... threatening to repo your car, suing you or Garnishing your wages on your next paycheck is also illegal. These collectors for CPS are in fact the ### of the earth do not let them get away with anything. Do yourself a favor and READ the laws of fair debt collection practices and do not let the ### get away with it... and dont be afraid to sue them if you can prove violations of the law. It pays quite nicely. Again read the laws and arm yourselves this company has no scruples. If your thinking on financing thru them DONT.

• Co
    COMPANY IS A SCAM Feb 23, 2010

I was fifnanced thorugh another Company for my car loan. The finance went bankcrupt, and CPS took over.. I was sent ONE letter informing me of the company change, along with my new account number. I lost all my documents while moving, and tried to contact CPS to get my account number so I could send my payment. I called numerous times, and could not get in contact with any live person. I was always referred to leave a voice message with a return number and my Social security number( which is very unsafe to do). I NEVER received a return call. I received NO aditional bills to make a payment, and no call backs. It has now been four months and still no catact has been successful. Now they are looking for my car for reposession, and have not gotten any advance notice. I am still trying to contact CPS, and still no contact, and no return call. DO NOT GET FINANCED WITH THIS COMPLANY IF YOU ARE SEEKING A LOAN FOR A CAR. This is a Dishonest company, avoiding your payments only to repo your car and sell it to collect the dept from the companies they take over. BEWARE if your company has been taken over by CPS. You'll be sure to lose your verhicle.

• Ea
    Eager to know Feb 10, 2010

Well, if you think you have it bad, I recently graduated from college. I was in the process of looking for a job under my profession, and was out of work for a short time. I found a job with a temp agency and while I was at work, one of CPS Representatives called my home and told my fourteen year old daughter, that they was trying to contact me about gainful employment, and my daughter gave them my number where I was temporarily working. The company on a permanent basis later hired me and CPS left messages all over the place. I requested several times for them to stop calling me at work but they still continue. I am now 33 days past due and they are calling me saying their coming to pick up my car, can you afford to pay for it. One representative went as far as telling me, I knew cars cost money and if I didn’t want to pay for it, I shouldn’t have gotten the car. I even went as far as telling them when I bought the car not even 3 weeks later, I had to take the car back for repairs that was totaling over 1200.00 and I think the car was a lemon. The rep simply said you bought that problem. They are extremely rude, and disrespectful to customers. With all of our complaints we should think about a class action lawsuit against them for harassment.

• Ra
    rachel1621 Feb 10, 2010

they are rediculous! i went thru a divorce as well and was trying to make ends meet and had paid 2/3 of my payment one month and they called and told me i was a dead beat! then when i asked to speak to a supervisor she hung up on me!!! just recently i thought i had finally gotten it caught up and paid 1 1/2 payments and then they were still calling me and told me i had missed a payment last march and still owed half of it! i told him i find it very hard to believe that i missed a payment and i'm just now finding out about since they call when i owe $50! he then proceeded to tell me "fine don't make the payment and when your car gets repoed i'm sure i'll be the first one to get the file and we'll see how i work with you!" and hung up on me!! and when that first lady hung up on me a while ago i called back and apparently they have caller id cause she goes "are you ready to pay up now??" i had to search and dig and find the number to my account manager that i had been dealing with and the mgr's are always very nice and say they will take care of the other person but i don't believe anything is ever done! i'm in total agreeance, they need to be stopped! i told them i wanted an accounting ledger since the beginning of my loan and they said they would send that and then i said i wanted a transcript of every time i call since it states that they record the calls and they said no, that i would have to get a lawyer! i said ok that can be arranged i have seen several tv ads for lawyers taking cases of harrassing debt collectors and illegal debt collectors for no money up front and he said "good luck with that" and laughed!

• Ha
    HATECPS Feb 05, 2010

First of all...Your car mechanical problems are not CPS fault..Were they there when you hand picked your car..You did not have all that cash to pay for a car...you needed financing..They paid it so you could drive off in your new car...pay the people their money...when im late i call them and they wait when they shouldnt have to...we the borrowers are at fault not the finance company..Grow Up.

YOU WORK FOR CPS??????? Even if i'm a lazy irresponsible loser. I am protected by collection laws.
    ps Thanks for the good time !!!

• Ot
    OTmaven Feb 01, 2010

I love the people who post negative "pay your bills and you won't have problems" comments to these. I am researching this company for other ILLEGAL practices they commit and I do not owe them any money. That being said this is a crooked company. Nobody enters into a contract, especially for a car most of us need to get to work to pay the loan, with the intention of not making good on the contract. If you don't have a job or loose your job through no fault of your own then what the hell are these poor people supposed to do, not feed their kids, default on a mortgage to keep current on a car, this rationalization makes no sense. And to think that you are here supporting the company (I am assuming here that you all work for this company and are making a sad little attempt to save face) that is breaking a law. HEAR THAT, WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! Granted not fulfilling a contract is too but consumers need to be protected from companies with poor business ethics like this and that's why the Fair Debt Collections Act exists. Check it out, google it, it's a real law and this company is in clear violation. I wish I could help more. One person or a thousand people going through a hard time does not and will never make this type of behavior okay. Just so people with loans from this company that are getting harassed know, there are lawyers out there that can help you.

• Am
    Amber D B Jan 04, 2010

I owe four payments on my car and will be done with CPS! Thank You LORD! We have held the note with them since mid 2005. I was 13 days late on my payment and they threatened repossession if they didn't receive a payment that day. I explained to them that I would call back on Friday of that week, but was unable to make a payment on that particular day. The rep became very ignorant with me and told me I was upset because he was being truthful. lol. Still don't know what that meant, but whatever. Later that evening, I received a phone call and voicemail from "Tom's Towing Co." lol. It was a private number. They said they were coming to pick up the car that evening. They will use any scare tactic possible. They are ruthless. Needless to say, they got the money on Friday as I had mentioned in our phone conversation. Also, be careful setting up payments with one of their reps. I set up TWO consecutive payments. They took out the payments as scheduled and then randomly took out a third payment. Luckily, the money was there and it didn't throw my account into arrears. If setting up a payment by phone always use Western Union or send check or money order!

• Cp
    CPS a joke Dec 18, 2009

I totally agree, this is the worst company ever when it comes to customer service!!! The supervisor Stephanie talks to like a child and degrades you! I'm going to complain about this company wherever I can. I've already written the BBB on them. They need to be investigated for fraud!