Conn'stv non-operational and conn's will not return

On 1/3/12 I purchased a Toshiba 65” 480HZ 3D LED TV (model number 65UL610U). From the time of purchase the TV has not refreshed at the appropriate specifications that the TV featured. As time progressed, additional issues were noticed with the TV such as vertical lines on the screen and shadowing. Additionally the TV is not powering on. A Repair Service Agreement was purchased along with the TV. A call into the service unit was placed on 5/7/12. No response was received. An additional call was placed to check on the status and I was told a 3rd party service would need to pick up the service ticket as Conn’s does not service Taylor, TX. It was also very likely that no 3rd party service would ever pick up the ticket and I should just wait. An additional call was placed to check on the status again and I was told again that no 3rd party service had picked up the ticket. At this time since no one was picking up the ticket, no one most likely ever would and no one would ever come service the TV. At this time I went into the Conn’s store located at 1601 South IH 35 Suite 500, Round Rock, TX and spoke to Jason on 5/19/12. He indicated that he would speak to the District Manager and would try to get a technician out to service the TV. I received a call on 5/21/12 indicating a service technician would come out on 5/22/12 to inspect the TV. When the technician (David Lafary) arrived to inspect the TV the TV would not power on in order for him to perform his diagnostics. We attempted to turn on the TV for over 30 minutes and the TV would not power on. Due to this, no diagnostics could be performed. David indicated that motherboard could take weeks to receive and he is unsure if one is even available. If one is, and it can fix the power issue, then the lines in the TV along with the clouding would still need to be accessed. Which at that time David indicated the LED panel would need to be replaced, would not be available and even if it was he wouldn’t come out to fix it as it would be a “pain in his ### to do” and they would have to try to find another technician to service this area. After receiving this information and receiving the report from David, I then went back to the store. I spoke to George Baldauf since the store manager Jessica Henderson was unavailable due to wedding planning. George attempted to contact several managers but all managers were unavailable and would not answer their phones. George indicated he would submit a complaint on our behalf. At this time I have had a non-working TV with a service order request in place with Conn’s for over 2 weeks. I paid for the Repair Service Agreement in order to have repair service on my merchandise and I should not have to visit the store and have a complaint submitted to the District Manager in order for a technician to visit my residence in order for the evaluation to occur. However, this is what has occurred. On top of that, the TV is non-operational as it will NOT power on. Due to this the further evaluation cannot be done. So at best I am stuck with a TV that will not power on, hoping that a part will get delivered and hoping a technician will come back out to install the part. After which then a diagnostic can then occur to then determine the TV has issues with the lines and the clouding. Then at this time it will be determined that the part is most likely not available as David said due to the TV being discontinued, this part will not be available. If by chance the part is available, then I have to hope a technician will again come back out to service the TV and install it. However as David said, he would not even do it as it is a “pain in his ###”. So I am left with a non-operational TV that is literally sitting in my living room taking up space doing nothing but collecting dust at this time while Conn’s is doing nothing about it. I do not want an exchange. I have two perfectly good 50” TV’s sitting in a storage unit that I would prefer to be using. Even though their specifications are lower than the one that I purchased, they perform at a much higher quality than this TV (well at least when it powers on). Therefore, I want a refund of my credit and I want to a check sent to me in the amount that I have paid. It’s that simple. I am not paying for something that is not operational and for something that Conn’s seems to be unwilling to service. Until this matter is resolved I will be posting my negative experience on all social media sites and filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Updated by Kathryn · Jun 14, 2012

Dear Conn’s customer,
    We would like to apologize for the experience you have had with our company and would like to help resolve your complaint for you. Please contact us at:
    [protected] or via the web at http://support.conns.com
    Conn’s customer support

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices