Connscredit harassment

after loosing my job because of the fallout of the american economy, i was unable to make the monthly payments on hte merchandise i have had from conns for over two years now. i began getting phone calls from conns collectors every day from as early as 7am till as late as 10pm, no joke. i mean every hour on the hour. i finally told them i could not afford to make the payments anymore and for them to come and pick up their merchandise. i guess i pissed them off cause they began threatning me saying i would be taken to court for the remainning balance and began calling me names. The floor manager called me back and told me i was being a selfish ###, i told her i was sorry but i could not afford to make the payments she continued to call me a sellfish ### and that i would be dragged into court for the balance i still owed. i dont know why this lady was so upset at the fact that i couldnt make my payments any more but someone needs to do something about this. she never said her name but she had the accent of an african american.

• Conn's Home Plus's response · Aug 05, 2016

Dear Conn’s customer,

We would like to apologize for the problem you have had with our company and would like to resolve your complaint for you. Please contact us at:

[protected] or via the web at http://support.conns.com

Conn’s customer support

• Conn's Home Plus's response · Aug 05, 2016

Dear Conn’s customer,

[protected] or via the web at http://support.conns.com

Conn’s customer support

• Updated by Kathryn · Aug 05, 2016

Dear Customers,
    If you experienced any issues with our company, we would like to apologize and resolve your issues.
    Please contact us at: [protected] or at http://support.conns.com
    Conn’s Support

SASpursFan Aug 05, 2016

Took three scheduling calls and three weeks before they sent a tech to just look at and take pictures of a tear on our sectional. Which they denied the claim in 7 days.

Tiffany12 Aug 05, 2016

There customer service center is very rude. If your account is late they call you all day and night at home, work and cell. The also harass your references, too. Then if your account is late by two or three payments and you call and make a payment the steal it and apply it to extension fee, which is $75 and they don't tell you. You just wonder why balance not going down, until you someone in the store explains extensions cost and don't bring down principal. You say no thanks, and they say you have 5 already on your account. Then you call customer service dept and they act like you knew and they won't take them off. They even save your check and credit card info and post payments sometimes without your authenization. This just happened to my on 7/28 and it is 8/11. I have faxed my bank statement and copy of check twice, my checking account is getting more overdrawn but they don't care, they say there accounting process takes time, even though they stole from your account.

• Cr
    Cronnas Aug 05, 2016

I was supoosed to have my dishwasher delivered on Friday after 2pm. Conn's showed up at my house at 10am and wondered where I was. Rescheduled the delivery for Saturday. Installer called at 2:45 Saturday, said he was on his way. Gave him my complete address with step by step instructions. I called dispatch at 5:45 wondering where he was. Installer said he would be at my house in 30 to 45 minutes. Called dispatch again at 7:05 pm, this time installer said he didn't have my address and it was not his area. Called dispatch again Sunday morning and spoke to supervisor who really didn't care either but said he would TRY to get the dishwasher out to me that day. It did finally arrive after I had wasted 2 full days at home waiting. Monday morning I called the District Manager and this is Wednesday and he has yet to call me back. Needless to say, I will never be going back to Conn's. I will stick with Sears like I should have done in the first place.

• Do
    Donn Aug 05, 2016

I went to the Conn's store in Corpus Christi Texas on October 14, 2010 to purchase two televisions. I was going to spend $2000.00. When I asked the manager if there were any special deals for purchasing two televisions he rudely replied no! John Ortiz lost you a customer and a sale. With that attitude he is not interested in customer satisfaction. You are losing sales and money with this rude saleperson. I wil not purchase anything from this electronic store. Your salespeople need training in customer service. John Ortiz is not manager material.

• Ji
    jimin Aug 05, 2016

I purchased a dryer from Conns and needed repair service for a minor problem with a switch on the dryer. The dryer was still under a covered service contract. When I called Conns, they told me they would not be able to come to repair the dryer for 6 days. I explained to them that my wife and I both work a 40 hour a week job and have 2 small children, and we could not go 6 days without a dryer. After speaking with several Conns employees in Lafayette, Louisiana and Beaumont, Texas no one could help us getting a sooner repair date. We are very disappointed in Conns and we will never buy anything every again from Conns.
    As a side note, We called Sears Service Repair center, and they came out the same day and did the repair.

John Shilling Aug 05, 2016

We purchased several appliances at the end of June from Conn's in rosenburg TX. The LG diswasher started making noise about 10 days after we got it. We call service. They sent someone out and he said he would have to order a part after he tightened a screw so tight it brock the plastic case in the bottom. some time later a second service man cam out with the wrong part. Then a third time with wrong part and a forth. We then requested to talk to the service manager Sergio. He didn't can back. So we tookthe dishwasher back to the store and left it. The manager of the store said she would have someone contact use. Finally three days later Sergio called us and said he would straighten it out and call us back on Thursday. No call. In the ean time service called and wanted to schedule a service call. I told them the unit was at the store and Sergio knew all about it. then two days later they left a message that they were coming out a 1:00 to our house to repair it. It is Friday and I called service to talk to Sergio. He had left for the day but would be in tomorrow.

I am about ready to call the TV stations, drive to Beumont to corp headquarter and video tape their answer to not servicing their profucts. If that doesn't work then I will hire a lawyer and siut for breach of contract.

Want to here more ??????????????????? Contact me" John Shilling at [protected] or email [email protected]

Conn's lies and they are rude and don't back their products.

• Dl
    dlgoza Aug 05, 2016

We purchase a new refrigerator on 08/01/11. Was promised it would be delivered on 08/06. We received 3 phone calls stating the refrigerator would be delivered from 4-7Pm.

I was also advised by the sales person at purchase and on delivery day to watch out for the delivery (contract service) and make sure the refrig was in perfect order or do not accept it.
    The refrigerator arrived at 8;15 pm after several calls to Customer service. Each time promising Driver would be there in 15 minutes. They came in installed the refrigerator. The Ice Maker line -they refused to set up to copper tube. Finally, they agreed. Said it was set up and left. It was not set up only stuck tube on over the receptor. Multiple phone calls and promises to send someone out. Was told they all were managers then they backed out saying they did not cover our area. Finally, one person was supposed to come. Came at 8pm on Sunday night. We found note on door he came and left new tubing. Never rang door bell. Called the customer service line ( while on hold you always here recording saying what excellent service they have!) Finally, after threating us with a paid service call, they agreed to send service tech out. He came and did finally fix the contection after breaking the copper tubing. Now I get calls from the automated system over and over again asking me to " rate their service" of 1-5( 5 best). Sell was fine- i say "5" and it says 5 is not a correct response and it hangs up. Have had this call now over three times!
    I will never buy from Conn's again! The customer service just tells you they will help you- HOT AIR! Avoid this place.

cheer_ants Aug 05, 2016

I bought a TV from this store. After 3 weeks after purchase, it stopped working. It has been 2 months and they have not fixed. When I try to call, they just hang up on me, I have talk to managers, which they do not know ehat to do. I bought the TV cash, it feels like i have just thrown my money away. Do not rely on the warranty, to get your repairs done.

• Re
    Regina Durham Aug 05, 2016

I have nothing but trouble out of conns applience since I started buying from them in 2001. I have half my house invested in conns you would think that would count for something but it does not. Every applience that I have bought from them I have had problems with. I know that they are the retailer and not the manufacurer but they stand by their product when they offer a warrenty. Their sales people are RUDE, their managers are RUDE, and their customer service people are RUDE! They want there payments when they are due but they do not fix things that are broken. There telecomercias when you call state that customers satifaction is guarentee, but when you mention this to them they laugh, and tellyou that they do not guarentee anything. There telecomercials also say that they will replace you product if you are not satisfied, but what they do not tellyou is that they will if you bring it back within 10 days and that there is hidden fees attatched to that. They also do not tell you that if it is something that they have to install you can not bring it back because you have to have an unsed product and all of the origanial packaging. If you pay them check by phone they take too much out of your account and they will not replace it. They never admit to their wrong doings and if you tell them about their mistakes they will laugh. They do not care about consumers I give the 500 thumbs down. they are the wors company I have ever been through and I will never shop with them again. I have reported them to the BBB and now I am contacting all my local media sources in Beaumont Texas, I hope to put a STOP to all the misery they have caused their consumers. If you would like to join in the effort Please call your local media sources. It seems to be the only way!

jaime ledesma Aug 05, 2016

I purchased a washer and the insurance my washer has not been working for more than a month I feel that if you purchase an insurance it is so that you do not any problems . when I call to the service center they can not answer my questions and the manager will never come to the phone . we went to the conns store to see if they would help us the store manger asked if we had got the washer on credit or payed cash my wife ask if that mattered . she told him it was payed for .they gave us the number to service center to speak to a manager name Chris that does not come to the phone or return calls. I feel that the best thing that I can do is call a Tv station that has a program call news on your side and they will know what Conns stands for (conn artest) If I would have known this is the way they treat you I would have purchased all my other appliance.

• Gr
    greenwell Aug 05, 2016

We purchased a LG side by side fridge. It is barely 6 months old. They have ordered a part for it.now the waiting game. I DON'T want my money back ..just exchange it for a product that works. I have been spoken to very rudely. A 6 month old product that cost over 1, 300 dollars shouldn't be having any kind of problems. The store managers are very rude . I have been told that this is how Conn's conducts business now. Once they sell you the product...its your problem when something goes wrong. Once and IF the product is fixed..I will never purchase another item from Conn's.
    You cannot talk to someone that will help you. They just pass you to customer service...and you are at their mercy. Once a manger returns your call...their attitude is horrible. We were even willing to buy a more expensive fridge one that works. Still have to wait for the service men to come. In the meantime losing our contents of the fridge. NEVER AGAIN !!!

joseph rogers Aug 05, 2016

i recently bought a 50inch toshiba television from coons . After a couple of months my tv would start flashing the picture off and on . after a week of that the picture went completly out . i called conns service dept everyday for weeks to get someone to my house and fix it . after about 2 weeks a guy came to the house and looked at it and said he would order the part . Two weeks went by and they called and said the part was ready and they were sending the same guy to fix my tv . he came to the house but guess what . tv still doesnt work so he ordered another part by this time he ordered the whole lighting unit and came for the third time still my tv sits unrepaired .i cannot get any answers from the servive dept > i told them their customer service sucks and asked them if they had certified techs or do they just let anyone into peoples homes to try to fix their stuff !! i want my tv fixed i paid the insurance and have ben very patient..i will never buy nor send anyone to purchase anything from Conns ... the name says it all .

• Kn
    kneothia smith Aug 05, 2016

I am a good customer of conns and have bought alot and paid off alot to conn. On 01/12/08 at store #29 in Webster, tx we bought matteress and boxspring with a warranty I had surgery 6 weeks ago and have not been able to sleep in my bed. because it sags right down the middle. I have had a work order out for all of those weeks with Beaumont to have some one come look and take a picture that was 6 weeks ago and they called and canceled, on Sat. because the person coming was having problems, then week 2 passed no calls then week three I called again and this time I was going to have someone on Monday and they never called In the meantime I keep calling and getting put on hold and no one comes back on or telephone their end hangs up. I've been threw manager Pete and David and they say their hands are tied. It has'nt been a problem with me being here because I was recovering, Its that I can'nt sleep in bed. Conns at Webster, David says someone will be out on the 16th of Aug again if this does not happen I am told that there is a Walter Brussard or a Tommy Frank that I can contact to get this resolved. Looking at this bed at this point is not going to work I want a bed to sleep in or my money back. thank you Kneothia Smith 08/10/08

• Cl
    clwittwer Aug 05, 2016

We bought a brand new Mitsubishi 65" TV the last week of September 2008. We had it 2 weeks and the remote died. It took 3 weeks to get a new one. After only 2 months the TV quit working. It took Conn's over a month to show up to repair it. During the repair the TV sparked and flames and sparks flew out the back into the technicians face. We have called the service center several times and have not spoken to a manager yet. We were told that they were going to try and fix it again. We have made 2 payments on a non-working TV and no one will return our calls. A repair is no longer an option, we refuse to have this on our home. Things that are less than 3 months old should not catch on fire.

We took the complaint all of the way to the corporate office in Beumont and the first time we called we were told by the customer service tech (so called) that he could not give us the phone number to the corporate office, that he did not know it. He then hung up on us when he was told that he was lying to us. When we finally got the corporate person in charge of customer service, he was very rude to us as well and basically told us that we were out of luck and that either they would try to fix the destroyed TV again or nothing.

It took us 3 months to finally hear back from a service center manaegr of the Houston service center. He was also of no help and very rude. It is interesting that even the store managers had no luck in gettig these people to return calls or fix the situation.
    DesiredSettlementID: Replacement
    Product_Or_Service: Mitsubishi Big Screen DLP 65" TV

• Cr
    c. Romero Aug 05, 2016

You right we are having the same thing today I hope you get your tv fixed. I'm with you never buy from Conn's and the name is right.

Janice Aug 05, 2016

I used to be a fan and good customer of Conn's until recently myself. I have gone through them not calling me back from the store in Katy on Fry Road while they were supposed to be checking on an item I wanted to purchase. I think the problem was that they were going to have to get the item sent out from the Beaumont store and they didn't feel like fooling with it. I would have appreciated it if they would have simply told me that and had me deal with the store in Beaumont, but they did not do that and kept giving me the run around for about a week and a half until I gave up.

Later we gave them the benefit of the doubt again and went back there and purchased 2 large AC/heater window units for our house in Bolivar. We installed one and kept the other one at home (never opened) in Katy until we got the chance to install that one also. Well, last week our home in Bolivar was swept away clean - nothing left. We went to take the AC/Heater windeow unit back to Conn's to see if they would at least take it back and give us a store credit because we have spent a lot of money with them over the last year and wanted to remain a loyal customer. We were just told "No, under no circumstance would they work with us to get a credit even though the box had never even been opened. I would think they would look at these things on a case by case basis, but they just don't care. Conn's won't be getting our business anymore nor will they be getting the business of our relatives that have also been good customers through the years.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Cassandra Kennedy Aug 05, 2016

A service call was scheduled between 2pm and 5pm 5/2/08. At 6pm I called to check the status of my service call. I was informed that the technician was running 3 hrs. late and would not be coming. I asked why no one called me and the response was, "We were very busy." Then he asked if Wednesday would be okay and I said no, I took off today and would be out of town most of next week. So I'm stuck with a refrigerator that won't close. All I got was, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

jamie wheaton Aug 05, 2016

I purchased a $2000.00 tractor lawnmower on the 24th of april. It arrived the following day only to stop working after being here ten mins. I contactd the store where I purchased it. They directed me to the service dept. They scheduled a callout for the following tues. Noone came out, noone called, noone emailed stating that the appointment had been rescheduled due to the tech calling in sick. My wife who had worked an 16hr. shift had to call them to see why the tech didnt show. My wife missed work that today due to lack of rest, all due to lack of communication. Conn's is a very large store to only have one tech in this area who does callouts on the product that I purchased.I have been a loyal Conn's costumer for years. I left several messages for the service manager to give me a call due to lack of answers I could not get from the service reps. My calls were unanswered. There should be better protocol for such a situations.Im very dissapointed in the service and the failing of the product to function properly after only having it for ten mins.I would like some info or a number on someone I could to talk to due to lack of attention I have gotten thus far.

• Bj
    bjoy Aug 05, 2016

This is the 2nd time in 3 yrs i brought my computer back to conns to fix (i bought it at conns). 1st time took 6 days this time it was 11 days and they still haven't fixed, so i went 30 miles picked it up brought it to another place (dr.pc) and was fixed in one hour and half the price. Oh and they had no record of a deposit which i produced my copy of it and of course it'll take 2 weeks for me to get my money back, but they sure wanted my money before they would even look at it and they didn't even do that in 11 days.

• Al
    alex williams Aug 05, 2016

you are so correct. i had the same problem with a compaq computer from them. it was defective from the day i brought it home. i sent it back and forth for service. And almost everyother time, they would find something they claim was not under the warranty. this last time the programs wouldn't open and no internet access. explained all this to the store rep, so they could send in for service. that was on august 23th of 2008. they kept the laptop until October of 2008. with no repairs done. then the service tech claimed he called and someone was playing on the phone. i had my main number and an alternative number. no one ever called the main number. then to add insult they used masking tape across the top and wrote on it with a black perm market: "that computer had spillage and if i wanted it repaired i had to pre-pay $689 in the store before returning it. HA. the defective computer never worked from the day i brought it home. I paid $699 for it brand new. i informed the store location manager about this and he suggested i send it back to the service tech and ask the service tech manager to contact me. well, it's been seven months and i have not heard from a store manager or a tech person. i purchased an extended warranty for $300 extra. So, since the managers continued to ignore getting back with me about this problem. I stopped making payments on the account in January of 2009. And on March 3, 2009 the legal department sent me a letter advising me that they would excelarate the loan payments as a default if i did not respond to them within 30days. the letter was dated March 3, 2009 and i did not receive it until after March 15th. I don't know about you all. But, I am not paying for a defective product that the store managers refuse to address and will seek legal actions. i also, did not except the computer after they once again sent it back to the store without repairing it. it is still in the store now. so the way i look at it, conn's can accept their lost for the sale and kept the damage computer and i will accept my lost of the $200 down payment and payments i made on that computer. since they took over seven months with no resolution to this problem, i don't even at this point want any more products form them! their service is crappy and their employee and store managers are a joke. if you are not buying something new, they will not waste their time or attention on assisting you with a bad product you purchased from them. they will just continue to give you the run around.

• Br
    brucejamn Aug 05, 2016

In 2007 we bought a large amount of appliances and electronics from Conn's. Rather than tell the world the the 8 months of service calls, lies, deception, incompetence, lack of qualified service management, never having a calls returned and actually going to a local vending laundry mat to wash our clothes I would recommend that NOONE EVER HAS TO ENDURE THE TORTURE OF DEALING WITH A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT HAVE A REAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND OBVIOUSLY LACKS THE BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE TO CARE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. I have NEVER seen a company of this size treat their customers with such disregard. NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE, WHAT THEY PROMISE OR WHAT YOUR NEEDS ARE SOMEDAY THAT THING YOU BOUGHT FROM CONN'S WILL NEED REPAIRED AND YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE THE HUNDREDS (or ?) OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE COMPLAINED HERE, IN THE STORES AND OTHER PLACES ON THE WEB HAVE BEEN MISTREATED.
    DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CHECK WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OR JUST KEEP READING THE BLOGS WITH AN OPEN MIND. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ABOUT A COMPANY IN A NEGATIVE FASHION BUT THIS COMPANY IS MORALLY BANKRUPT AND SOMEONE THE BUYING PUBLIC NEEDS TO BE WARY!!!

• Mr
    MrRealtor Aug 05, 2016

I have heard that the front loaders are the worst!!! Make Conn's take them back and get a top loader.

• Ra
    RAuler Aug 05, 2016

I purchased a washer and dryer. The brand is Samsung and I have had 3 service men from Conns come out and see the washer that shakes. No one has been able to fix it. Conns says that Samsung has to fix it. I bought the expensive extended warranty from Conns and have had no luck getting it fixed. Three service men from Samsung have also came out and now the machine will not even start. I have spoken to different people at Conns and every says it is out of their hands. DON'T PURCHASE FROM CONNS!!! I am still playing phone tag with them.

• Kr
    Kris Willis Aug 05, 2016

I have similar issues with Conn's. Now that you've made service requests, your appliances will NEVER be fixed and Conn's will NEVER give you a refund.

tim snead Aug 05, 2016

We moved into a new house last July and needed a lot of appliances. Conn's is close by; it's local. I went there. The salesperson was new, didn't know the computer system, and couldn't TYPE. The sale took over an hour. When they came to install the washer and dryer (Whirlpool Duet Sport), the delivery guys had no instructions to stack them and no kit. Oh well.

Fast forward to April 2008. The dryer, which has always been hinky, but I figured it was me, periodically goes dead, turns itself off, doesn't blow air, beeps and blinks its lights all by itself in the middle of the night. The service guy says it isn't sensing and needs a new control panel. A week later we call to see why we haven't heard about our control panel. Turns out nobody's ordered it. A week later we call again to see why we haven't heard about our control panel. Turns out that STILL, nobody's ordered it. A week later we call AGAIN. Guess what the problem is AGAIN??

This time I'm fuming. I refuse to hang up until I talk to a supervisor, and I refuse to let her go until she makes an appointment with me to repair this dryer. Finally she tells me they will send someone to San Antonio to pick up the part and come to our house the next day, Friday. Fine.

10 minutes later Rosa calls and asks us if it would be ok if they come Monday instead. Fine. Friday we go to work expecting nothing. My husband gets a call at work about 10 a.m. It's Conn's. They want to know where we are. The service guy is sitting in his truck at our curb and he's about to leave. My husband works about 5 mins from home, so he was able to jump in the car. Part installed, guy leaves. Dryer has same problems. We expected to get a call again on Monday telling us they were here to fix our dryer, but they didn't call.

Now my refrigerator is running continuously. So Monday I'm going to be back on the phone with Conn's demanding that they replace two appliances or give me my money back. This time I have a supervisor's extension, anyway, I won't have to wait on hold. Probably.

• Ha
    harris77 Jul 15, 2016

I purchased a dishwasher from conn's in February of this year. It broke in April. I called conn's service department and a service tech came out to check my dishwasher and found that a part was broken off the pump. The service tech told me that he had to order the part and that it would probably take a couple of days to get it. Two weeks later when i had to call to check the status of the part for my dishwasher I was told that the part ordered was the wrong one and t hat it had to be reordered. When the part finally came in the service tech that was suppose to come out to install the part did not show up or call. When I called to inquire about the part I was told that another service tech would be coming out to look at my dishwasher. He inspected it and told me that another tech would be coming out to do the same inspection as it was company policy. However, after a month of service department run - a - round, I finally talked to one of the managers and was told that the problem would be taken care of right away. Two week ago a service tech came out to pick the dishwasher up and take it back to the warehouse to install the parts. He told my wife that it would take a couple days to install the parts and check it out to make sure it works properly. Now whenever I call to talk to someone about my dishwasher, they can't find the service tech that was suppose to be working on it or there's no manager available or they just put me on hold until the line either goes dead or I decide to hang up and try again. I even got busy signals a couple times. For a company that boast s customer satisfaction as a high priority, they sure don't show it.

• Sp
    spucky Jul 15, 2016

I had a horrible experience with customer service. I was slotted for an 8-12 appointment time yesterday, and changed my schedule to be available. I got a call at 10:30 to say they would be at my home between 1:30 and 2. When I told them I was not available during that time, the customer service rep said she would see if I could be scheduled last in the day (when I could be home) and get back to me. No one ever called me back. Then I got a message at 1:30 on my home phone from the technician, saying he was out my house, that I wasn't there and I would have to call back for a new time. I called and complained, stating that I had called earlier and spoke to someone about coming out later in the day. No one could find a record of that call, and they said the best they could do was schedule me fo another 4 hour time frame the following week. I indicated this was neither fair nor acceptable, as I had been available during the time I agreed to be there, and they were the ones that has defaulted on that agreement, not me. I was passed to the "Escalations" department (and believe me, if you have to call it that, it is not a good thing!) I was told by the "customer care" representative there that despite the fact that it was not "my fault" that the appointment didn't occur that day, I would have to make myself available for another four-hour window. I asked if I could be scheduled first for a time period (i.e. 8 or 1) and she told me she couldn't do that, that my only option was to waste another 4 hours waiting for them to show up (or not). I ended up hanging up - very frustrating, rigid, extremely poor customer service. I will ask Kitchen Aid for another vendor. Avoid these people if you can.

• Po
    poopooonyou May 21, 2016

People have no issue borrowing money from Conns when they want a TV, bed, etc. but get really bent of shape if you are asked if you can borrow money to pay them! Seriously? You signed a legally binding contract that stated you would make EVERY payment on or before the due date. If you are one day late, you are in breach of contract. Read your contract before signing it! This isn't elementary school, you're an adult now, act like one!

Nou13457 Dec 05, 2015

I am currently in the same situation with Conn's. I am currently 7 days late on HALF of a payment. I paid half and went in store to make a payment arrangment. Ive had two accounts with them and always pay on time. I love the in store experience, but their collectors are absolute filth. I have been receiving calls every 15 minutes from 10+ different numbers throughout the day. It doesn't matter how many times I amswer, they continously threaten with repossession and lawsuits. Its been absolutely absurd. I understand late payments are frowned upon but i have a promise date to pay, and they have no care whatsoever. I have over 15 numbers blocked through my carrier but they are still getting through. I work 12-14 hours a day and I'm on the phone almost the entire time, so I realistically cannot answer. The little time I do get with my family I am being harassed. I'm trying really hard not to retaliate with the evidence that I have...but it's getting difficult not going off on these soulless people.

• Ba
    Bailey Sep 29, 2015

My ice box went out a month after i got it call for them to fix it warranty off no warranty then we baut a lawn mower it was time for it to be service we call no warranty bought a oven for 500 hundred dollars they charge me 1300 hundred now how can they do that got cancer could not pay for my stuff which it is almost paid off they won't take no for a answer now i know what to do i had to pay for my cancer things plus I am on ssi

• Kd
    kdoz40 Sep 02, 2015

The unemployment insurance is worthless. My husband was a truck driver and had no ability to file for unemployment so they would not help us at all ... you pay this crap insurance and then cant even use it unless you are receiving unemployment benefits.

Jasmine4000 Jul 21, 2015

I can agree the Conn's salesperson told me that there was no unemployment insurance, disability insurance, or any kind of insurance that I can have if I ever lose my job or can't pay a bill. Which I was misinformed about it I was told by Conn's that it was optional at the time of my purchase and that I would have to had purchase the optional insurance then, Well I told Conn's corporate that I was misinformed and there was no way that I could make a payment. I even filed a BBB telling Conn's to pick up there stuff. Conn still refuse to do that. They even refused to accept the fact it was a mistake on their behalf about the optional insurance. It is very wrongdoing that Conn' did this!!

Jasmine3011 Jun 14, 2015

On 06/02/3/2015, I missed a payment due to the fact I was having difficulty my bill. Conn's called me so much and harrassed the hell out of me. I told myself, what can of company did I just dealt with. I thought Conn's was a good company. But come to find I was wrong. after seeing all the reviews listed about Conn's I have learned alot. I called Conn;s immediately and said Come and ick yall stuff up. They Did, after the fact I filed a BBB compliant. I was not fin to have them call me and harrass me about me asking someone to borrow money.

Calls stop Jun 13, 2015

So i am paying my bill with Conn's and is 1 month behind on my bill. I receive calls starting at 8 am to about 10 pm at night on average every 1 and 1 /2 hour apart. I am informed them when I will be making a payment but they still call. I can see if I owed thousands and thousands of dollars but by balance is less that 100.00. I have worked collections in the past for a large company and if your made an arrangement to pay that was set up in the computer and all collections called would stop and restarted if the payment was not payed as scheduled. Very upset about the harassing calls that I receive and the way the callers try to tell me what to do with my pocket book. Very annoyed at this time. They probably tell you like they tell me it is the automatic system that calls but your are always talking to an individual.

AnniaRDE Apr 05, 2015

Conn's is named right my mom passed away last july and i been paying bill barely since then while taking care of my dad and then my other half hours get cut but still struggling but paid bill. Then January my hours was cut and well could not pay total bill in one paycheck they do not want part payments split to be able to pay they want total pay. I have paid over $2200 so far after year of payments. And Conn's Informs me I still have 21 payments left of $180. WTH almost 6000 for just a washer and dryer!!! I was out to finance them i should had gone to lowe's since i priced them their ad other places. Since this I have found out Conn's and their finance company Acceptance Now is Actually RENT A CENTER!!! I would had never stepped into conn's if I knew they lie and not financing but actually rent a center hint the trucks also have RAC some of them... They have called every I have family members... My kids also stated while they was here a white raggedy company truck park in front of house while i was at work even blocking their friends truck in and the phone rang over 15 times they said the driver they could see was dialing each time the phone rang. SCARE them to death. They called me at work at same time conn's was calling my cell over 8 times at the same time. One message even saying i know your their you car is out front (Car quit working same time my mom passed and no money to fix)

• Fs
    fstcr46 Jul 31, 2014

hey very angry teen you know depends where you live at the state at 17 they should not had given you an account because most states would not allow you to get credit because youd had to be at least 18 at 17 your not a adult id check into that

• Ve
    Very Angry Teen Jun 01, 2014

Why is Conn's calling my phone. Conn's keeps calling me asking for my mum, then after they call my house still asking for my mother. How did Conn's even get my cell phone number?! I didn't give it to them and I know damn well my mother didn't give to them either. This is harassment, and it's not okay at all Conn's is not that important to call my house every few hours! STOP CALLING MY CEL PHONE AND MY HOUSE IT'S NOT COOL AT ALL I am only seventeen what the hell do I have to do with Conns!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! If Conn's wants to get sued they will if they don't stop all of the ridiculous harassment they are doing to EVERYONE!!! I am so tired of Conn's calling me while I'm in class, it's not okay at all STOP CALLING MY GODDAMN PHONE!

• Di
    DinAz01 May 24, 2014

It is not fun to pay bills...I can't afford to pay my student loans but they don't go away!

When you sign a contract that says you must pay the balance off, offering to return/repossess the merchandise does NOT make the debt go away! I am sorry you are all having bad experiences but they can ask for payment, their annoying tactics are common in collections, it's just usually you deal with a 3rd party when you don't pay bills so you don't hate the original company you just dislike the bill collector. Just because Conn's settles their own debts doesn't make them a bad company. I am not saying they are a good company eitber, but legally they are just trying to get their end of a contract fulfilled that you signed! You didn't have a problem signing the contract when you needed their stuff! You could have read the contract and not signed if you have a problem
    ...whoever said they wish they went to Aarons that is a terrible idea they charge you 10x more.

Conn's can be a pain to deal with any company that finances to anyone does a lot of collections and that is an ugly business. Conn's is worth using if you can pay something off in 6 months and want it now and don't mind paying a little more, I'd limit to 1 item you really need like a TV, bed, or couch but not all 3 or a whole set or it is too expensive and too easy to get behind. I can get a 1200 tv for around 50 a month, sure it's 899 at costco but with bad credit it is worth it to me to have it now. Just like anything the key is papaypayipayibpaying it off early, no one complains that credit card companies are scams yet it takes 10 years to pay off a big bill if only make minimum payments!

No one is going to take care of our credit but us! Educate yourself and make good decisions but don't blame a company if you don't like their policies after you signed paperwork saying you agree to them!

• Le
    Lee2219 Jun 11, 2018

@DinAz01 Lol. Everyone falls under hardship at some point in time. All my companies have worked with me when my hard time came...all EXCEPT Conn's and that speaks volumes. The customer service representative even had the nerve to belittle me and speak down on my income. Say what you may, but this is a company that DOES NOT CARE about its customers...bottom line!!!

Tired of Harrassment Oct 31, 2013

I too are having issues with Conns. I purchased items from Conns a year ago, shortly after I became ill, was in and out of the hospital and fell behind on bills. I spoke with a representative from Conns and asked for them to pick up the merchandise. They then started asking me if I can borrow the money from someone else; I told them no, then she proceeded to ask if my income tax will cover the amount. I told her no and again for them to pick up the items. After setting up a pickup, no one ever showed. Then they began to call my job, sent people to my mother's house; they harrassed my father who at the time was was dieing of cancer. They also call my sister non stop. Then they proceeded to sue me... WHY when I asked them months ago to pick things up. I finally had to change my phone number because of the relentless harassment. This summer I was laid off from my job and I will be just barely be starting a new job in November. But once again Conns has reared their ugly head again and threatening me with a bigger lawsuit and wage garnishment. Im tired of the the harassment. .. I wish they wouldve just came to retrieve the furniture when I first requested... im at my whits end with them and dont know what to do. I cant afford an attorney and they're destroying my credit.. please help with sound advice. Thank you

C.A.Silv Oct 04, 2013

In my experience Conns is literally the worst company. I put a Serta Mattress, bed frame, TV, and a Tv stand for somewhere around 4500 on my credit. I decided to leave my abusive boyfriend at the time and the only way to do that was take whatever I could in my tiny little Honda civic. A month later I finally realized I forgot to talk to Conns about my purchases, after a lot of harassing phone calls. I told them my situation and how I had no job and was no longer able to make the payments and to reposes the items, I no longer live in Texas and I am not able to return. They told me they could not go into the home (even though the apartment was still under my name). After a year today a number calls me and leaves a voicemail not directly telling me what company he works for but said it was impetrative to call him to talk about paperwork. I call this gentleman back and he tells me that he is now working on the conns account and would like to know why I haven't been making the payments. My credit is shot, I told conns that they can reposes the items except for the bed and adjust my payment to that. He said it was illegal to do that, and if I do not want to cooperate Conns can push for legal action. I have my rights as a individual purchaser, I told conns to pick up the purchase and they did not. I feel that this is selfish of the company, the TV was in mint condition and was only 90 days old. The apartment was under my name at the time and I Legally gave them permission to repossess the items. I am penalized because they could not cooperate with their consumer. This is seriously morally and ethically wrong on so many levels to hide disclaimers to the consumer especially now that everyone relies on their credit.