Conn'saccounts receivable


Have purchased at least $35k of merchandise form this store for me and my children and grandchildren. Have never been late.

I overpaid an account that I was paying off by $127.93 and they wouldn't send me my money back, they applied it to other accounts instead. I was pissed but I accepted the ignorance.

I paid all accounts as usual.In december I had a $109.87 balance on my account and paid it. Conn's refunded the payment by check, why I do not know. Someone called me 15 times a day but they never left a message once.

They eventually sent a letter stating that I was past due which I was not. So I paid on time and conn's sent a 30-day late to the credit bureau on me when I paid on time but they refunded the payment.

What should have been done was issue a stop payment of the incorrect check and put my payment I made on time back on my account. Instead, the totally inept personnel reported me to the credit bureau when I was not.

I am going to the store manager. I will file suit if I have to because I am trying buy a house and any late payments will mess up my rate and cost me thousands of dollars and this was conn's error.

I want that late report removed form my credit immediately and an apology for the ineptness of the person who did this and the person who approved it.

Account # [protected]

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.