Comwave Networks Logo

Comwave Networks

Having problems with Comwave Networks?

Comwave Networks Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 884 6901 (United States)
+1 416 429 6250 (International)
+1 866 500 4107 (Business Customers, Customer Service)
+1 888 319 7319 (Business Customers, Sales)
61 Wildcat Rd
Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Comwave Networks Customer Service. Initial Comwave Networks complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Comwave Networks above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Comwave Networks. Discuss the issues you have had with Comwave Networks and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

ComwaveHome Phone AND Internet

In November 2015 I subscribed to Home Phone, free long distance in Canada and the US plan and was living in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories at the time. Every call I made even within the town of Yellowknife and anywhere for that matter was long distance because Comwave informed me that the Northwest Territories is not included. The first 6 months were supposed to be "absolutely" free as Tie Dummy says but they billed me. I learned of this "restriction" in January but was then locked into a 3 yr arrangement because I didn't terminate within the "grace" period. They would charge $200. to let me out of an agreement I didn't make but is hidden in the fine print. I called them in April to inform them I was moving to Toronto in May and I would subscribe to their "unlimited" internet service and I wanted the modem sent to my new address such that it would arrive shortly after I did. The modem they sent went to my Yellowknife address so I had no modem and because the phone works on the internet, I had no phone either from May 20 to June 14. Rogers came and hooked up a new modem and when the phone was plugged in, it didn't work - at all. Meanwhile Comwave billed me for both the phone and the internet service - in advance for something they did not provide. I told them I needed a phone and they failed to provide one so they told me I was free to find another provider for the phone service, letting me out of the 3 year contract, like they were doing me a favour. Comwave claimed they would credit my account for the period I had no phone service. On my next bill in July there was no credit. When I called their PR person which they call an Umbudsman I asked about the credit which they told me would be applied to August bill. I still subscribed to the internet service which is run on Rogers systems and on July 7, Comwave sent me a return authorization for the home phone device and the modem that went to Yellowknife. Comwave threatened to bill my credit card roughly $75 for the cheap $5 dollar phone device and $105 for the throttled modem if they were not returned within 30 days. They billed me for the modem less than two weeks later. I told them I would be cancelling the internet service September 4 which is the end of the billing cycle and that I wanted an address to send the modem before they billed me for not returning it to end my business with that company. Canada is disgustingly weak about consumer rights as evident in letting this company based in El Salvador to run rough shod over over Canadian consumers who apparently have no recourse. I would love to join a "class action" since I predict Comwave will not refund the money they stole for the return of the 1st modem I have sent back.

ComwaveLong distance call

I am using their service for almost 10 years. recently i realize being over charged by them. the total minuts i talk doesnt adds up to what i got charged. then i checked my last 6 months bills and i have discrepancy on all of them.
    i contact them and the representative told me they charge the costomer base on US dollar rate so that is why my total is diffrent from my bills. i was never told about this when i signed up for their service with call select 10 years ago. and also i dont undrestand that why a canadian base company charge the costomers base on US dollar rate.

so my complains are about
    1. minuts fraud! minuts doesnt adds up to the total they claim.
    2.total invoice $ is way more that what it should be because they charge base on US rate.

ComwaveComplaining about home phone

I had contacted with comwave for 3 years home phone but my home phon is not working any single day every day I called for coplain but as usual do this do that reset plug out plug in it all process take 2 hour when ever I complain but look like I am paying $14 every month for nothing just hanging tha phone on the wall please guys don't make contract other wise you will cry like me if you going to cancel or brook the contract you have to pay all amounts which you count rest of month wow

RESOLVED

Today I am happy one of comwave customer support (sammiya)and another one of customer agent she help me like a family she understood what problem is they still working on it i hop they will solve but I like the way they served me I am happy

Maxi.NOMAN Nov 23, 2015

Today I am happy with comwave customers service (sammiya) and another one of customer agent they served me like a family I fill good they understand what problem is they still working on it thanks again

ComwaveBad customer service. No written agreements

I have spoken to multiple different people on the phone at Comwave, about canceling my internet service with them, only 1 month after we decided to try Comwave. Each person I spoke with had numerous rebuttals to what I was saying; I was always wrong. Isn't the customer service number one rule is client is always right? (or correct) Not at Comwave! Myself and my husband spent more than 1 HOUR on the phone with the supervisor, trying to : 1. get our deposit money back and 2. cancel the service. With the supervisor!! I have worked in call centres as an employee and as a manager for customer service, never have I encountered this kind of rude behavior and practice. Other detail that might determine you signing up with Comwave: their deposit feeS. You have the security deposit, the price of the modem, and because the credit card we were using has a bad credit record, add another fee to it. (who doesn't havea bad credit these days..!) Total amount was...(drum roll...)... a nice golden $375.00. Two days after we had the modem installed; bam our account was charged 1 month of service usage, $66. Too much, this is just too much of accumulation of negative experience. So beware.. Comwave is not a Canadian wide provider for these reasons..!

ComwaveNetworks Nov 05, 2015

Dear Stephardson, I am very sorry to hear that you are upset with us. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we will go above and beyond to ensure that you are satisfied. Please email me your customer id and contact number to [email protected], so I can review what happened and have a manager reach out to you. Rest assured, we are here to assist you and we will resolve this concern to your satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you. ~Adam

Comwave — Contract Without Agreement

After waiting out my 3-year contract with a below average service (frequent dropped calls, no service period...

Toronto

Comwavecomwave not canceling service

I have phone service from comwave. I want to cancel my service but they not canceling it. They put call on hold for realy long time. Makes jokes If answer. Yea that funny but harassment. I call my credit card compney to deal with it. They send me charges which i not used service. They call me every moring to harassing. Now giving warning to sent bill to collection agency. I paid remaining balance. But now asking. More money to cancel the service . Be aware

• Fr
              frank lortie Aug 21, 2013

my service is not working.my account is payed direct by the bank.nova scotia payed for your bills .now up the service i pay for

ComwaveNo help from them and the Internet is horrible

I used high speed Internet of the company ComWave. The worst Internet ever. I called several times to this company, but they only promised to fix everything or send the tech. I was sick of these promises and one day I called them and cancelled the agreement. After that they needed to return my money, which I paid in advance, but I still haven’t received it. They are scammer and thieves, so beware and share this info. It might be very helpful for other people as well.

ComwaveTelecom Oct 06, 2014

I am very sorry you have not had a great experience with us. Please email [email protected] with your customer ID so we can ensure this is looked into asap.
                Regards,
                Jon (Social Community Manager)

Comwave — failure to deliver service

We decided to leave Bell and join Comwave. We signed up with Comwave on the 5th of December, they sent us our...

Innisfil

ComwaveTelephone and Internet scamming

If you like to lose your life and life’s happiness, then you believe Comwave.com’s advertisement, buy their products and services and get screwed for few months.

1. I got fed up with one of the biggest crooks in NA Roger’s Cable and believed Comwave’s land phone advertisement. I bought the service. It took eight months, multiple escalations to get my telephone# transferred from Roger’s Cable to Comwave and a half of the world was laughing at me.
              2. In the first month, they charged my credit card twice, I complained, and they returned the amount of 50.00 to my Comwave a/c that I was not told about, not to my credit card a/c.
              3. They lied about long distance and ate up 82.00 from me.
              4. I hooked up for Comwave Internet, it was never installed, and couldn’t be installed because it was a big scam even though I paid 50.00 for the installation, which was never returned upon cancellation.

Comwaves call centers are in Venezuala, Equador, Panama and all over South America. When you call they say, “I don’t know.” Then they will transfer you to another call center of another country making your life miserable.

They count on your every dollar because they can get a juicy girl for 24 hours at one dollar in those countries. I asked one Comwave.com rep in Venezuela over the phone, he said, “Well, this is the culture of this continent.”

I lost money, I lost happiness in my life. Still they advertise on TV and I know who they are – a bunch of shameless crooks.

• Bu
                  burgj Mar 13, 2014

Now I understand why they are so much heartless crooks. But my complaint is against the bums of CRTC...how they can allow Comwave do this type of unethical and deceiving business in Canada? These CRTC guys just care for their paychecks, nothing else.

• Ka
                  Kate_22J Dec 14, 2013

They are very 'cheap'. One friend of mine went to La Paz with his fiancé and broke up. Because he was getting gorgeous chicks at 2 bucks. Why he was supposed to spend so much money for his own chick? They were never together.

Comwave — Scam

I set up service with Conwave last Sunday. I received an e-mail with confirmation for a 3 year agreement...

ComwaveComwave is rated &F& by BBB

Please check BBB (Better Business Bureau) where Comwave had been given the lowest rating “F” (the range is from A+ to F). They have 342 complaints registered against them with BBB alone over the last 3 years and this is only a drop in the ocean! Their sales agent lies during the “point of sale” by making you believe into thinking that you are getting 6 months free and that you can end the contract anytime during the 3 years by paying up the first 6 months off!

All lies, before you know, you are entrapped by this scammer and your credit card gets charged all kinds of nonsense without your prior approval or knowledge. And the best part, if you try to end the contract, you get slapped with the balance of the 36 months service fees which in my case, amounted to nearly $1200 after using Comwave for 4 months! COMWAVE is a total SCAM!!!

ComwaveTelephone Service

I signed up to Comwave a few months ago.. Despite certain setbacks, unable to get service on all my phones, delay in calling, being charged more for my long distance calls than I was supposed to, voicemail indicator light on telephone will not turn off, even after deleting messages, it did so with my last provider.
                  The first month it was okay, then after that when ever the internet went off even for a minute, the phone went dead. And I was told that I had to pull out all the cords attached to the telephone line, the router, and the power source, and attach them back again, this sometimes worked the first time, other times, I had to repeat the process several times before I could get back dial tone. This is annoying to me personally because my internet goes down sometimes for a minute or two. I am a senior citizen and would not have taken this service if I had known that I would personally have to try and fix it when ever the internet went.
                  Some days ago my internet went down for a couple of hours, of course the phone was dead for that time. I expected that, but what I did not expect was that no matter how many times I repeated the process of getting the dial tone back it would not work. I lived without a phone for three days constantly trying during those 3 days to get the phones to work.
                  Finally I rang Comwave customer service and told them the problem, they had me going from one department to another without success. I then told them that I wanted to discontinue service, because I have a sick husband, and I am in urgent need of a telephone. They told me that if I did that I would have to pay a discontinuation fee of $500.00.
                  They persuaded me that they could fix it, so I was sent back to their Technical department, but after hours of trying (by them getting me to pull out plugs and place it in different ports etc.). It still would not work. They even came into my computer through Team Viewer, tried accessing my router, when finally after 7 hours with them, I told them that I was hungry because it was now after 2: o’ clock, and I had neither breakfast or lunch. They gave me 13 more things to try after I had my lunch. Nothing worked and I am still without a telephone.
                  It is now weeks since I cannot get dial tone from them.

Comwave — Never had a service and seem to owe $1083.25 Bull S*it.

Here is a company that would not accept my payment of 9.37 and now 3 months later state that I owe $1083.25...

Petrolia

ComwaveDon't use this scammers

So I thought about switching and called the 1 866 number, The lady on the phone sounded sincere, I asked all the right questions and was told about there offer of $14.95 home phone service, I agreed to the $12 shipping and there $50 with holding fee, when the unit arrived I took it out of the box, I was surprised to see the tiny cheap little box with a link line to my computer and a phone jack, I looked at my welcome letter for installation instructions and I noticed a $44 dollar charge on my account, it was for $12+tax and $25+tax for non sufficient founds returned from my bank, I contacted them and they told me I didn’t have any money in my account, I have a overdraft protection on my account so this is impossible, I told them this and they started with I have to pay or my account or would be sent to collection agency, NOW remember I haven’t even set up the phone, tried there service and I am getting treated like this, I went to the bank and there was no attempt by comwave to attempt to withdraw that amount, UM FISHY, I tried to get them to drop the charges and still I would try there product under the same agreement, I also noticed it was for a 3YR contract they put me in without telling me also a $2 per month phone warranty- I DIDN’T”T EVEN GET THERE PHONE TO HAVE A WARRANTY ON,

They offered to pay for half the $25 dollars and I go ahead and try it…….NOPE !!! I cancelled my account for which he told me I cannot with out paying off my balance, I am basically scammed, robbed mislead all the things that you would think would never happen to you all to save a lousy $10 per month off my phone bill, DO NOT USE COMWAVE they are in to scam you not to ever have you try thier phone service at all..

i agree

• Aj
                        ajancanada Sep 24, 2012

I have a very bad experience with comwave. They offer unlimited but actually it is not. Their website is misleading. The representatives are not well equipped to guide you. They will charge you more and then they say it will be given as a credit.
                        My suggestion is Please Please do not use it and convey this message to all the customers

• Aj
                        ajancanada Sep 24, 2012

DO NOT USE COMWAVE.

Hello,
                        I signed up for comwave global phone. On the comwave website you can see unlimited calling to 60 countries. But actually you can call some limited calls. One of my friends start using it and he was charges about 200 Dollars (one month).
                        I was also charged for the trial month although I did not use their service often.
                        The comwave is a scam company. The best way if they treat you badly or they send you wrong bill, their habit and they do so intentionally, the best way to drag them to court.
                        One of my friend has the same issue with the Bell and he got 9000 dollars in the court.
                        The way these service providers send the unfair bills to collection agencies we being a customer have an option to knock at the door of court.
                        Amazingly I was promised that they will give me my trial charges and almost 20 days has being passed. I got nothing till now. They also charged me 50 dollars and they did not tell me.
                        Due to comwave I changed the credit card number. Now they send me email every day that my credit card has been declined. They have the system to send automatic emails but we do not such kind of system.
                        Long story short do not sign any agreement in writing or on the phone. If they have collection agency then we have the court. Even for minor fault they can be sued because everyone knows about their practices

Comwave — Charge on Credit Card without customer authorization

I was a Comwave customer for the last three years and recently renewed another three year period. However, a...

Vancouver

Comwave — extremely poor service

Have been trying to obtain a pin number to activate my mobile phone. Service as been paid for. Called...

North Vancouver

ComwaveOvercharging

HI
                      I ve been using comwave to make calls to India. In November when i got my invoice i was shocked to see my bill was 99.23 instead of $13.16. After several phone calls to Customer care nothing was done. They said it will be credited to my comwave accounts. I asked them who will pay my Credit Card Company. I called Anat in the Admin office and spoke to her and she said she will make sure the refund is made.
                      Till today i have not got my refund of 86.07. Surprisingly i have got this months (december) invoice in which i see a refund in bracket but in actual it has not come to my CC. Moreover they have done the same thing of over charging me for December instead of somd $20 they have charged me $43.48.
                      I called the customer care who are lietrally hopeless people who dont even have the manners to talk. They said as a courtesy we will credit it to my comwave account. Non-sense, my money is taken and they say courtesy.

So for the last two month my total should be around $30 but they have charged me $122 and still not refunded.
                      My id no is c93765. I wish the president looks into this cheating that is going on in comwave.
                      I hope the complaint board will look into this. I would be happy if i can speak to the right person to sort out my problem.
                      Mr. Samuel

• Fa
                          Farahs Apr 14, 2012

Cancel your account with them. I am telling you as someone who worked there for month and a half. Giving your CC # to comwave is like taking all your cash and leaving it on the street. People who work there have no criminal check done on them, and I know at least one person who has a criminal background. The owner Abhas his sister working there also. They are so greedy it's sick! They drive all this fency cars you can see Lamborgini, Ferrari, Bentley, BMW's ouside and they pay their employees $11 an hour and actually at the end they don't pay them all as they steel from their hours at work. Be very carefull about this company. I don't know how the canadian government is alowing this. They are fraud, and plus people are trying to work, just this ### are not paying.

ComwaveStay away

VOIP phone doesn’t work when the power is out. This doesn’t even start to replace a proper home phone service so don’t get distracted by the price. I evaluated the Comwave service during the free 30 day trial period but still had to pay to have the router shipped to me and now I have to pay to have it sent back. I called customer service to cancel and they said that the “loyalty department” would call me. I just called a week later as I still have not heard from them! The girl was really nice but she couldn’t explain why this other department needed to call me. I ended up prying out the return address so I can send back the router – at my expense of course.

They offer a guarantee but don’t actually take on any of the liability that comes with it. I would stay far away from Comwave – you truly get what you pay for!

• Po
                            Poojs Jun 28, 2013

I took a global calling plan with Comwave on 25th March 2017 as I was new to Canada. Initialy, they misleaded me that it includes all free callings to US, Spain etc. Later on, they are saying that its only LAndline for Spain not Mobile phones. I am facing issues in the bills for every month and I have to call Comwave and get it credited back. Everytime they promise me that it will be credited back but it is never done yet. I do spend hours with them struggling to get the credit.
                            This month also, they added 15$ extra to my account. When I ask them to connect to Senior representative or manager, I have to be on hold for long time.

Please advise how can I get my money back and a strict action needs to be taken against them. They can not fool people who are new to Canada. They should be transparent enough and do what they promise.
                            Please let me know how to raise it to take action against all this. Thanks in advance.

Nebil Tozri Mar 22, 2013

i did a contract with com-wave for land line service through IP, but a 6 months later, the adaptor who convert signals, was broken, i have them a call, and i have to pay because i m using my cell minutes, 5 or 6 times every time there is one tech, and cannot fix the problem, it ryed with an friend`s adaptor and it works, so spent 2 hours on cell phone minutes with no resolution even i told them that the problem is the machine by it self, but no way, idecide to brok the contract and i paid 50$ 2 times to recive and send adaptor + postes+gst++and 550$ because i broke the contract, 20 days later they take another 550$, to recive it after 1 months, because they have a bad financial service...

ComwaveFalse promise, harassment and fake invoice

Comwave call centre offers a long distance services on November 24, 2011 with free minutes. Their website mentioned a different rate. Hence I did not use their free call. Their call centre continued pestering me to use the free call but I refused saying that I need their offer in writing before using it..
                          On November 29, 2011 I received an invoice dated November 24, 2011 (incidentally that's the day I received first call centre call from Comwave!) threatening to forward to collection agency as "your account is severely PAST OVERDUE"!
                          Comwave is a scam. DO NOT TAKE ANY CALL CENTRE CALL FROM COMWAVE. Otherwise you are likely to receive threatening invoice to take your money. BEWARE OF COMWAVE!

• Se
                              Sergei100 Mar 06, 2017

Oh man, they are big bi ###holes, they are so pathetic that i can't talk with them because they do not know how to talk, english is worse for them. I went ahead and installed their service and it never worked and then after 3 months, they asked me to pay the 300 bill, which i deny because i never used the service, after 3 months, they cancelled my service and mail sent that payment of 297$ should be paid, wow, again i got a call after few days they now ask me to make a premature payment of 89$ and say let's close it.

Damm what a ### company this is..

Stay away as much as you can, i will say stay awaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!

• Fa
                              Farahs Apr 14, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM COMWAVE!
                              As an ex-employee of Comwave I know why I am saying this. It's governments fault as they would not look in to nothing. This idiots did not gave us paystubs not to say they were stealing hours from our paycheck's. They payed us $11 and gave us hard times all the time to sell their service. Where is the ministry of labour?! Where is the canadian government?! Thank God I am not working there anymore. And guys, from now on you dont have canadian customer service everything is in Guatemala.Good luck!

ComwaveService did not work, then would not allow to cancel

The service that was sold to work on my cell did not work. Comwave's tech support acknowledged that it would not work and then refused to cancel the service, alleging that the "cancellation department" would have to call me back to cancel the service. The cancellation department never called back, so I sent an email cancelling the service requesting an acknowledgement of cancellation. This email was not acknowledged. As Conwave did not respond I successfully charged back the charge via my credit card. Months later Rosemary from Comwave's accounts receivable department called me to theaten me with collections as they now want to charge me an additional $50 for charging back the original charge that was made on my credit card for a service that did not work. Rosemary did acknoledge that Conwave received my cancellation via email on June 23. However Rosemary still is seeking collections.

i agree

• Ro
                                Roy Tomo-Spiff Jan 14, 2012

I tried to subscribe to Comwave's ephone service too but could not because I do not have audio and had to call the second day to cancel. I was told that customer service will call me to confirm the cancellation. It is over three weeks now and nobody has called. I found in my account statement that the company charged me not only once but twice in the amounts of $30 and $32.40. I expect Comwave to refund my money immediately upon reading this comment/complaint. I am now subscribed with MagicJack Plus and very happy with the service.
                                Roy
                                Seattle. WA

ComwaveTelecom Nov 23, 2011

Hi There,
                                We apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you've had with us and we can assure you we take matters like this very seriously.
                                Can you please email us your account information to marketing[at]comwave.net and we will have someone contact you.

The Comwave Team