Zales Engagement / Wedding Ring / poor workmanship/worse repair service

1 Tulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

We purchased an engagement/wedding ring from Zales in Tulsa in May of '08 the sale went very smoothly, not pushy, etc. The original price of the ring was approx $5000, marked down to $2500 with additional % off savings beyond that - this should have been my first clue! Luckily I purchased the lifetime service policy for approx $130. On receipt of it being sized, I noticed one of the small diamonds was not present (they apparently didn't notice or thought I wouldn't) therefore it was sent back for an additional 2 weeks - so, I buy a ring, and am immediately without it for 4 weeks. It was due to be checked in Nov, which it was - not much checking, just a quick look and told it was fine and my receipt marked that I'd been in. Two weeks later, in December, I look down to see an enormous hole where one of the large diamonds had been. When taking it back it, I was surprised how indifferent they were to having to replace a 1/2 caret diamond. It was promised back in 2 weeks, it's now been 3 weeks and they tell me they are just now getting repairs back that should have been back 4 weeks ago - Lovely! I've already told them I will have it checked with a diamond tester upon it's return. Plus now I'm hearing they could easily go out of business this year - possibly from the crummy customer service????? And replacing diamonds? I wish I could just get our money back and I'd go elsewhere!

Ka

Comments

• Ug
      17th of Nov, 2010

Can you submit a picture, I'm having the same problem, and wonder if it's the same ring...