Zales / erroneous collection report!

I recently opened an account with zales in may07. The account is a 90 days no interest/no payments. No payment was due until 11aug07. In jun07, zales reported to citi bank my account was delinquent and sent it to collections. I have statements from zales which states no payments due and lists the account as 90 days no interest/no payments. I was contacted by citi bank collections and I called zales customer service center. Zales admitted to the account being sent in error and assured me the letter sent to citi bank was being taken care of. I received another call from citi bank collections telling me to contact citi bank dispute department because zales no longer has control of the account. Clearly on hand not talking to the other here. Citi bank states there has been no payment made which is incorrect. I have been paying the account on zales. com. I work hard to keep my credit history clean but this clearly poor management of accounts/credit.
I am closing the account paid in full and never going to get a zales account again.

Even the citi bank collections department admitted that they are baffled at how my account was sent to collections. Now I have to rectify this situation because of zales poor service.

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008

I agree with your complaint but just so you are aware of it, Citibank owns Zales credit.Zales Jewelers itself had nothing to do with all the paper you were getting.Zales has not owned its own credit in many years.
    I know this because I have worked for them for 30 years and I apologize to you for all the hassles you went through.