Zales / erroneous collection report!
I recently opened an account with zales in may07. The account is a 90 days no interest/no payments. No payment was due until 11aug07. In jun07, zales reported to citi bank my account was delinquent and sent it to collections. I have statements from zales which states no payments due and lists the account as 90 days no interest/no payments. I was contacted by citi bank collections and I called zales customer service center. Zales admitted to the account being sent in error and assured me the letter sent to citi bank was being taken care of. I received another call from citi bank collections telling me to contact citi bank dispute department because zales no longer has control of the account. Clearly on hand not talking to the other here. Citi bank states there has been no payment made which is incorrect. I have been paying the account on zales. com. I work hard to keep my credit history clean but this clearly poor management of accounts/credit.
I am closing the account paid in full and never going to get a zales account again.
Even the citi bank collections department admitted that they are baffled at how my account was sent to collections. Now I have to rectify this situation because of zales poor service.
More Zales Complaints & Reviews
- Zales - bad customer service and repair 
- Zales - rip off 
- Zales Jewelers - will not refund money for a returned item 
- Zales Engagement Rings - how can they get away with this stuff?! 
- Zales - wedding ring 
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - engagement ring was not sent like online said it would be.
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - 1.02 carat solitaire ring 
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - customer service.
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - refund
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - unethical behaviour