Zales / bad service

United States Review updated:
I ordered several items fom Zales. I did this in response to tons of emails I received from them regarding sale. I placed my order per internet on Fri. 9.00am. I paid nearly $40.00 for next day Saturday delivery . It stated orders needed to be placed before noon. No problem ships out of same state with no time difference. Well, I was to receive email confirmation with 15 minutes. Hours go by NO EMAIL CONFIRMATON. So I called and talk to Zales rep. She assured me that they had my order and it was in stock and delivery was going to be on time. Well, here it is Saturday almost 3:00 p.m. and no fed-ex package. You must be at home to sign for their deliveries. So I called...they still did not send email with tracking info. Zales stated that indeed IT WAS NOT SHIPPED..had no explanation why. Great
a day lost due to their stupid rules ( signature required) No email really no nothing. So I told the rep. CANCEL...she said that she could not. Well their stupid rules state you can if YOUR ITEMS HAVE NOT SHIPPED (no problem there.) than you can cancel. She said just refuse package I said NO JUST DON"T SEND THE DAMN PACKAGE. I had read really bad reviews on ZALES...I should have listened. Will not shop there again.
Tx

Comments

Al
  4th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Its just going to get worse at Zales, My family has been shopping at the same Zales store for 15 years. And yes they at times have some really stupid people working there. But the jeweler/goldsmith has been incredible and we have gone there many times just because of him. He has done custom rings for us in the past, as well as years of repair work. Now Zales has made the decision to start sending all there customers jewelry out of state to huge 24 hour a day repair houses. They dont care anything about quality anymore. All Zales wants is to get their ring sized for next to nothing ! Now they tell me it will take 3 WEEKS for a ring to be sized or just to have my white gold ring repolished and rhodiumed. 3 WEEKS can you believe that? weve never waited more than 3 or 4 days!!! How do they think that will work when I can go to any other mall store and get it done fast. ??? Now think about your ring, its going to be boxed up with tons of other peoples stuff, mailed out and sent somewhere else to be just one of thousands instead of your one and only. Or what if you buy a gift, give your loved one a beautiful ring...then have to take it away for a month just to get sized! And then hope its the correct size. I told the manager that we have to take or business to another store with a local jeweler. Her response was "oh well, thanks for our previous business" then she turned and walked away. Can you say "customer service"
Ma
  15th of Aug, 2009
What else do you expect her to say? Do you honestly think that it was her decision to change the repair process? This is a chain with over 700 locations and the managers are just glorified salespeople. To focus your frustration on her is WRONG! If you are that indignant then call their home office in Irving, TX. The # is 972-580-4000.
  14th of Sep, 2011
i purchased my fiance weddindg ring on a friday only to be promised that it will be back by wednesday... Our wedding is Friday...I called to check on my ring (on Wednesday because no one tried to contact me to let me know anything)...Only to be told it wont be back till friday..the day of my wedding? i couldve went elsewhere if id known what a big inconvenience they have caused...i will never shop with them again!
He
  14th of Sep, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
why did you wait til the last minute to get a ring? Poor planning on your part does not mean they have to ignore everyone else to attend to your needs
Be
  22nd of Aug, 2012
I agreed.they suck.i ordered a watch from the web, it said only takes 1-3 business days to ship, then I waited 3 days there is no email about the new update. So I go ahead call and cancel my order. The rep. Said they can't cancel my order for sure because it's been verfied?really? If the product has not shipped yet, why can't u cancel?its a joke.so she put a note for me to the sales department, then they did take the pending charge off my CC without saying anything to me. I'm glad because I thought its all over.but a week later they sent my the email with tracking number said my order has shipped? WTF?i called to customer service to complaint, that guy just kept saying he's sorry and it's my fault to spent money on something else if ur cc goona go over?really? f*** that, now just wondering if they gonna charge my CCDor the second time after they authorized to cancel the charge on my CC!!will not shop at zales anymore in my life

Zale Jewelers / Zales.com Logo Zale Jewelers / Zales.com