Yext.com / this is a bad company, and very unethical

This company, yext inc., forces a business to pay for a year of service to remove incorrect information from all their partnered sites. - that's extortion, pure and simple, because the links to fix it go to them, instead of the actual site the incorrect info shows on. - and yext doesn't give you control to change the info unless you pay them - they have three links on their partnered sites, for creating, changing, and claiming a website listing. - if you don't pay for a years worth of their "service" you are not allowed to change or remove any of the incorrect info. - I never put anything on any of the sites they partner with, but my incorrect business phone number showed, and I can't remove it, and yext says they can't either, unless I buy an account, instead of just asking their "partner site" to remove it free - their partner, yellowmoxie.com doesn't want to remove it either, when I asked them. I have an abuse complaint pending, with their isp providers.... I'll next go to the fcc,... The bbb.org site rates yext "c minus"... Not surprising.!... :-)... This is a bad company, and very unethical... So, it seems, yellowmoxie.com is too... Stay away...!... Maybe all the yext partnered sites are as bad too, if they let this happen.

Mu

Comments

• Pl
      26th of Mar, 2012
    Yext.com - I can't believe that is legal
    Yext.com
    yext.com

I hate that their partner sites force you to pay them to fix incorrectly displayed data. I can't believe that is legal.

• A2
      3rd of Mar, 2013

It make sense... this is extorsion

• Ji
      18th of Aug, 2013

CAUTION!!! I used Yext.com by providing my business number and ran a scan. Fine, I saw that my address was incorrect in some places and correct in others. Then I went about my business... About 15 minutes later, I get a call from 212-994-5063. I answer. It's a hyperactive New Yorker on the other end who says to me: "Hey! I see that you just used our site to run a scan. Is there anything I can do for you today?" I said, "No, I didn't think you would be calling." He said "Why, did I catch you at a bad time?" (It was a Saturday night around 10:15 PM, by the way.) I said yes. He said he would call back on Monday. I said "No, please don't call." He said "Well, why were you using our web site?" I told him I won't use it again and he said "Sir, anyone is free to use our site, I am just trying to see if you would like to purchase one of our address services." I said "No thanks" and hung up. You've got to be polite to these cretins because they have your business number and address... I was very turned off by this tactic, the business model (asking for businesses to conduct a "search" using their phone number then calling them to upsell!!!), and the annoying person who called me.

• Ed
      28th of Jan, 2016

I noticed that Yext had my business listed (without my consent) with the wrong phone number. When I filled out the form to correct it, it came up with a required charge of nearly $500 to do so. I did not continue with the process, and yet, the next day one of their representatives called me to try and get money from me to correct the number. Isn't that extortion?