Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Internet Providers Yext false charges for listings not done!

Yext review: false charges for listings not done!

S
Author of the complaint
9:22 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid $225.00 for Listings on numerous search engingines that was not made! The search Engines were contacting Me asking if I would like to upgrade my listings which I had paid to have done! Now yext powerlistings is asking for more money to list my site on the same sites I had paid them less than 2 months ago! Me getting scammed is Not right, I deserve a Refund! PAUL MADARY

More Yext complaints & reviews

Yext - yext is a total scam!!!
Yext - tampering with advertising - fraud scam
Yext - fraud - scam
Yext - updating listing is not possible without signing up!
Yext - powerlistings
Yext - ripoff... rude
2 comments
S
Mar 29, 2012 3:38 pm EDT

Yext is using other names to perpetrate this scam. I was contacted by a Yext employee under the guise of PlumberNearYou.Com Where they misrepresented an agreement between my company and theirs. I was given 2 phone numbers to contact them and neither number worked that day. The 1st day I spoke with them, I tried to log in and did not agree with the terms required to be checked off to log into their system. After failing to contact them by phone, I sent an email to the sales rep and forwarded the email to their support telling them I wanted my business removed from their system and do not expect to see any charges from them on my credit card. It took almost 2 weeks and numerous phone calls to get them to cancel my account. They did so.. After charging me $120.00 for unproductive calls they claim were sent through their system. Three people wanting free estimates, one was for a service I don't even provide and the forth was an accounting firm soliciting my business. Even though I told them the first day to cancel my account, they suckered $120.00 from me. It is a scam. I already have free listings on all the sites they claimed to list my business on. I filed a dispute with VISA and am trying to file a complaint with the BBB in both Indiana and New York where they are located. Please run from these unethical business practices. I feel stupid for giving them my credit card information in the first place.

A
Feb 11, 2012 3:25 pm EST

Yext has a model that is supposed to own your data and if you ever cancel, you lose that data. So you don't own your local listings, they do. It's entrapment. Yext is a scam.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints