Having problems with Yext?

1888 444 2988 (United States)
+1 212 994 3900 (United States)
+44 203 808 3831 (United Kingdom)
+41 225 962 571 (Switzerland)
One Madison Avenue, 5th Floor

Room 322, № 555, Wuding Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai 200040, China

Japan
Ginza Shinbashi 2nd Building 8F, Shimbashi 5-1-9 Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0004

Complaints & Reviews

false charges for listings not done!

I paid $225.00 for Listings on numerous search engingines that was not made! The search Engines were...

they really charged me $30 for every junk call and refused to refund me

Their promise was to advertise my business and charge me for phone calls to my business that really generated business. They monitored phone calls coming from their advertising, charged me $30 for every phone call asking about hours of operation or customers checking on their work orders. They say that they have software that detects and filters junk calls. They really charged me $30 for every junk call and refused to refund me. My bill: $390 for 13 junk calls. Total Scam Beware.

bad billing, no respose from yext

Got calls completely outside of my area of work. Called and sent emails to both the account manager and Yext Support, about the calls prior to the next billing cycle. Received no response. The billing cycle came due and Yext charged us for these calls. Again I send emails to the account manager, Yext Support and made phone calls asking what they would do with the calls charges, , again no response. Finally we sent anther email to all and called again telling Yext that if they could not respond prior to a certain date to cancel all accounts. Yext did not respond but instead canceled the accounts. At that point we had no choice but to file with the NYC BBB against Yext. Still it took two request from the BBB to get a response out of Yext. They refunded the call charges. However when I called to have the accounts reactivated, Yext informed me that the accounts were not eligible to reactivate because I had requested them canceled and they had to issue a refund. I reminded them that it was their failure to act that caused the accounts to be canceled, and we had to file a complaint to get any response out of Yext.. It took a two months to get a simple response form Yext. Stay away form them.

horrible customer service - scam

Yext services when I started with them were direct and understandable. I was able to get credit for their pay to call service. I get an invoice listen to the calls that came in and note down which where fake, solicitors, wrong numbers, etc. It was easy I would call in or use their website. No problems for a year. I then started getting calls that were not only wrong numbers but totally out of the scope of my region and my doctors office. They denied credit stating that they no longer provide credit for calls that were made. How the HELL do you not give credit to your customer for legitimate complaints. I wasnt pulling them out of thin air. Their customer service was not providing any at all. Finally the only solution that a supervisor, Kennan, could give me was credit for a year for maintenance. What the hell do I want a freakin $10 credit for 12 months, when I was dinged for over $700. Their quality of service is ridiculous!!!

• Am
    Amanda (Avon) May 07, 2013

I purchased their advertising program and it has been over a month and I still can not up load pictures to my account. They do not provide a contact number anywhere on their back office site so I am stuck with the program for a year with no refund. Talk about 600.00 of a waste. Don't buy into their products. They have awful customer service and I have not created any leads from their advertising. It has been 4 months! I do; however, get countless calls for people wanting to sell me something or offer me business deals over seas. NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR. If I had plenty of extra money I wouldn't be looking for inexpensive ways to advertise. Geeezzzz!

• Mi
    misterright2010 Jun 03, 2014

I signed up for essential service which would put my company on Yahoo, Bing and Facebook. I have a contracting company so my personal address is not valid for me because I go to the customers locations where I work. Without releasing it though, Bing won't put me on their search list at all.
    Using Yahoo- when I search for the category for what I do and the areas I service, I could not find myself in any of those search engines unless its my own a town that I live in; even then, finding my business in my own town had me listed # 28 with people from other towns listed before me.
    Bottom line I had so much trouble finding my own self, I now understood why I haven't received any business calls in the months I was signed up with YEXT. (ps -Their answer was to call Bing and talk to them about their policy-I was figuring Bing was represented by the Yext company I signed up for.)

• Ti
    Tiffer's Upholstery LLC Oct 26, 2014

I recently lost my visibility on the internet. The drop in viability started in May 2014. When Yelp and Yahoo emerged. I not only lost 15 Yahoo reviews . Which were 5 + star ratings... My visabilty score was effected . The phone stopped ringing I actually though for months it was my magic jack and telephone. The online estimates stopped shortly right after. I was speechless. This is a twenty year old business. I have a web site hosted by Yahoo. I pay Yext powerlisting to do what . It seems to me that if search engines are know using backlinks and reviews why would yext continue to sale software that not up to date or something.

This is an expense to business owners that could off been elimated if customer service would off suggested my options. Instead selling and not looking out for the consumer which is their customer.. when I contacted them telling them my issues as a paying customer. I'm lost and ready to revert back to old school advertizing. Think about the $ that I could off saved...

Resolved tampering with advertising - fraud scam

Yext is a complete scam. Here is their latest pillaging... They are changing existing customers' business phone numbers in free web listings (that the customer created) to their $8 per call phone numbers.

They claim that they have this "right" to change your existing listings (to their phone number) if you are enrolled in their "partner network." Of course, they default enroll you and you don't know this until you check a web listing and see it isn't your phone number (or you've received an astronomical bill).

So, if you're a customer of theirs and you've spent a lot of time building an Internet presence on your own, they are going around behind you and changing your direct phone number to one of their trackable (and charged) numbers.

What a total scam these guys are running. Call them up - they operate out of a NYC boiler room. Listen to the high-pressure sales pitch and maybe you'll even hear the hoots and hollers of a "salesman" beating down another client (like I did - the guy had to mute his phone).

If you want to get fleeced, this is the firm that will do it to you. Stay away - YEXT = FRAUD + SCAM.

RESOLVED

• Yext's response · Apr 29, 2016

We appreciate you leaving your feedback about our services. Yext has direct partnerships with 100+ publisher sites so that businesses can update their listing information in real time using our services. We do not change information on a business’s listings, but rather provide control to clients who use our services to update their location information in real time. If someone has never had an account with Yext, we would not be able to change any information related to their business. For clients who have an active subscription, we send data to the publisher sites and protect this data from being changed by any outside sources. The publisher sites trust us to provide them with high-quality data, so when we submit information on a client’s behalf, it's going to be accepted as a higher priority than any other provider such as data aggregators or marketing software programs. If a client cancels their subscription, then we stop pushing this data. As a result, there's a chance that the listing sites may revert back to old versions that may have existed in the past. We hope that helps clear some things up. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about our services. You can feel free to contact our Support Team at [email protected]

Jose Cedillo Apr 13, 2016

This exact thing happened to me with yelp. Everything you mentioned the change of number to there own. I created my web page they would take pictures adds of mine and put it on there site as if they did the work. Yelp sucks and now that i was going to pay another 500 for yext i see this. Thank you so much for your honesty and having the courage to pin point these fradulant people.

Jose Cedillo

• Sc
    Scottmann Jun 05, 2016

Yes, fraudulent, monopolized scam. They create directory listings of companies that are incorrect. Good SEO practice dictates accurate listings for better SEO. They make it impossible to correct the listings unless you join, pay money, and agree to their terms. They will even change your address information on directories that you created. For example, I create a business Manta profile. Manta is now in business with Yext. So now, Yext/Manta changed my business listing address making it incorrect on purpose. They have done this before to me. Now there's a new listing on city search with the correct address but, absolutely wrong name. Absolutely fraudulent. I am all in for a Class Action Suit.

total scam, beware

Their promise was to advertise my business and charge me for phone calls to my business that actually generated business. They monitored phone calls coming from their advertising, charged me $30 for every phone call asking about hours of operation or customers checking on their work orders. They say that they have software that detects and filters junk calls. They actually charged me $30 for every junk call and refused to refund me. My bill: $390 for 13 junk calls. Total Scam Beware.

Nasser Abunab Jul 27, 2010

They credited me with $240 that was used towards monthly service. Customer rep. was professional.

fraud

Total Scam ! Beware ! ROGUE BUSINESS. Their promise was to generate leads and business. Monitor phone call...

Resolved fake calls

They sell you a product with fake calls making an appointment and never show up to the appointment, they make sure for a period of one month they have another personnel calling the office just to make a fake appointment they tape the call they charge the call for $40 to $60 dollars but the patient never shows up a total scam be aware the Chiropractic community in South Florida

Resolved ripoff... rude

update...after Yext read my posting the called me to patch things up.
They refunded some of the charges which impressed me.
The customer service person actually was very helpful...unfortunately a bit too late..

• Ds
    Dsadeh Jul 13, 2010

Had the same experience with YEXT.

They lied on the phone when they sold me the service. They said I will not need to pay if the call will not turn into revenue.

Total Scam, Lies and thieves.

Watch out!!! stay away.

Nasser Abunab Jul 23, 2010

Ripp OFFS - RUDE

NYCThieves Aug 13, 2010

Yext is a complete scam. Here is their latest pillaging... They are changing existing business' phone numbers in free web listings to their $8 per call phone numbers. So, if you've spent a lot of time building an Internet presence, they are going around behind you and changing your direct phone number to one of their trackable (and charged) numbers.

What a toatal scam these guys are running. Call them up - they operate out of a NYC boiler room. Listen to the high-pressure sales pitch and maybe you'll even hear the hoots and hollers of a "salesman" beating down another client.

• Bi
    Bill's Glass & Windshields Jan 06, 2011

Had Yext do some market analysis for us and I still can't get rid of their bogus phone numbers. 1st of the numbers is to a detail shop “Advanced auto Detailing in Grants Pass” in a neighboring town that had used Yext, 2nd one is to a computer repair shop here in town that is currently using Yext, the 3rd is a unsolicited phone number, 4th is to a local taxi company that is using Yext. I have contacted the search engines that are posting these phone numbers and claimed them as owner and have tried to change the Info. But they won’t change them Yahoo Local, Yellowbot and InfUSA. I had no problems with MerchantCircle, Yelp, YP.com or any of the other search engines this has been a long drawn out procedure to regain my web presents. Sorry almost forgot to say why we left Yex they stated out $30.00-$50.00/ month then as one of the others had said they took over all of the web presents we had already owned and put their numbers in this stated to be come a $500.00-$700.00 a month bill and their process to reject repeat callers and established accounts became a full time job. I would highly recommend running the other way if Yext calls you!
    Posted by: Bill’s Glass & Windshields

Resolved fraud - scam

Yext is a total scam. They lie when they sign you up! They say they are rank #1 within google, yahoo ect.. Under keywords computer repair. There salesman informed me that I would only be charged when a lead generated actual revenue and not billed for people shopping for service. I so far have been billed for 2 calls $60.00 dollars - that lead to nothing beside me being billed (Out $60)!!

I called to despitute the charges, I was told that I will be billed anyway's.

Nasser Abunab Jul 27, 2010

I wish I read your complaint before same happened to me.

• Ri
    Richard1232000 Oct 04, 2010

I had the same problem. I was registerd with city search, yahoo, and a bunch of listings they changed all my phone numbers and information. I am still working on that. I am not paying them a cent.

• Ye
    yext Feb 24, 2014

wow these people been hounding me and from reading the complaints i guess they lost me! When called again i will bring up and read the complaints toward t them and see what response or lie or crazy pitch they will have

• Bryan Estes Jul 28, 2017

Yext did the same thing to my local Yahoo search listings in greenwood Indiana... then when I try to correct it I'm giving the number in New York City and of course yext is wanting money to change back. They are worthless pieces of [censor] and I hope they get what's coming to them .

bogust charges

please don't sign up with this company it is a ripoff.. sales rep say they will not charge you for calls unless it leads to revenue.. I got billed for call that leads to nothing, when I call to desp charges rep was disrespectful and was told that I will be billed anyway.
please take it from me and dont get burned by yext dont sign up with them you will be sorry you did like me..

• Qu
    Quick-Tech Jun 23, 2010

I tried them and they charge you $30 per call. If you get a call from some guy looking to get a video cable for his computer they will charge you, if you get a call from someone asking if you fix PS3 or do you know someone who does they will charge you $30 (even if you don't fix em), if someone calls and just asked you how much is your service charges (and you don't get a name or nothing) they still charge you $30. THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS AND THEY GOT REAL NASTY WITH ME AFTER I CALLED THEM BACK AGAIN TO COMPLAIN.

THIS WHAT I SAID TO THEM
    Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:50 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: RE: Yext Calls Inbox: Your Question Recording ID: 8641098

What is it that you don't understand...I don't do Play stations so that's not a legitimate lead. That call is a play station lead, I don't freaking do them so how is that legitimate...tell me, why should I pay that? Your system screwed up, remove that $30 charge.

THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID
    We do not bill strictly for calls that turn into booked jobs. We are an advertising service and we bill for any legitimate leads that we generate for your business. You have premium listings on 25 websites including yellowpages, citysearch, and superpages and you only pay when we can get a potential new customer to call your business directly.

Our CallRelevance technology that ensures that you receive only the most relevant phone calls, automatically weeds out low quality calls, and transcribes each call, picking out the most critical keywords. This allows us to send you more, higher quality calls, and secondly, to reduce the time you have to spend going through and listening to each one individually. On average, businesses will receive about 40% highly relevant calls; these calls will automatically be placed in your inbox, while junk calls will be placed in your "junk calls" folder. While we cannot guarantee that all billed calls will result in new business for you, nearly all of them will be from prospective new customers looking for your type of business. For this reason, we are unable to issue refunds for individual calls, except in the case of telephone issues (such as wrong numbers) - if you feel that this is the case with one of your calls, please let us know.

We appreciate your business and hope to send you many high quality calls over the coming months and years with increasingly fewer low quality calls.

Yext is committed to providing you with superior local advertising service. As always, please feel free to call 800-321-YEXT or e-mail [email protected] with questions about our advertising service.

Thank you for Connecting to Yext Calls!

Kienan H.
    Yext Calls Specialist
    [email protected]

NYCThieves Aug 13, 2010

What a total scam these guys are running. Call them up - they operate out of a NYC boiler room. Listen to the high-pressure sales pitch and maybe you'll even hear the hoots and hollers of a "salesman" beating down another client.

• Qu
    Quick-Tech Dec 13, 2010

Yea well they are getting suckers to fall for that ### too.

Resolved yext is a total scam!!!

I was a yext customer (Used their service) and in my experience yext is a scam! I was charged $20/call for...

Resolved rude

YEXT uses high pressure sales tactics to get you to sign up. I ended up signing up. I was out and about and not near a computer to check them out while they were talking so I thought it sounded ok and went for it. I am not in need of more jobs but the reason I wanted to be a part of them is because of the exclusivity for the 50 mile radius I would have. Plus I like to be into the next thing because I don’t want to be left behind in the new types of advertising that come out. But then when I did finally get near a computer to check them out I came across this page and a couple of others. So I said the best way to see if they are a reputable company or not was to call them back and test them.
So I did by starting off with I would like to end my account. The account manager on the phone would not end my account at all. It was like he pretended not to hear that part. He kept saying he wanted to know why and I told him that I didn’t need their services. So he asked again why I wanted to end my account. So I explained in more detail that I have enough jobs and decided not to do this YEXT thing. So he says why do you want to end your account so I said I just told you. So he repeats himself again. This went on for about 20 minutes the same exact stuff and question. Why do you want to end your account. This guy would not end my account for nothing. He was rude and belligerent. All in all a half hour goes by and I finally just said I would report them on the internet and not to worry Ill cancel my credit card and get another. I feel that no matter how long I stayed on the phone with them My account would have never have been ended. All in All that is probably a little over an hour of my life that I can never have back. They stole that hour of my life from me so Ill repay in kind by posting this complaint in as many places as I can find. One more thing, I hate typing so for me to sit here and type all of this means that I am really ticked off. I don’t lodge complaints unless I feel extremely strong about something so by me typing this it means I think this company is definitely crap. YEXT I feel for you. You're going to rip off the wrong people one of these days and its going to get ugly for you!!!

RESOLVED

• Yext's response · Jan 11, 2016

Your feedback is appreciated and we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with one of our sales associates. We would like to apologize. If you would like to be added to our Do Not Call List, please email your phone number to [email protected] and we can take care of that for you as soon as possible.

Yext

• Yu
    yush May 06, 2010

THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM THEY CHARGE YOU FOR CALLS THAT LEADS TO NOWHERE .. CUST REP ARE RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL... PLEASE TAKE MY FOOLISH ADVISE . BEWARE

• Re
    Reviewer19744 Jan 08, 2016

I spoke with the salesman. When told that I was not interested. He hung up on me. But not before he called me a lier. My business partner answer the first call and said that she was me and that she was not in...we do this because we get so many sales calls. This is why he said that we lied.

• Wa
    walla704 Apr 12, 2018

Please audit your customer service support, there is a major issue on how representatives handle inquiries. I'm baffled by how rude Yext representatives. There is something not quite right with the business model. If my experience sucks when trying to get assistance with a free listing, what makes you think I'll pay $3 a week to deal with rude sales executive and customer service. I normally, don't leave reviews such as this, but enough is enough.

• Fl
    [email protected] Aug 14, 2018

I signed up to yext.com and was under the impression I was given a credit of 300 now since I cancelled my site they want to charge me for 1 week of $150.00.and i never got one hit.find another site please.I tried to make payments and they will not contact me.I did no this site was for stores .I am an entertainer.

Joy Stevenson Nov 13, 2018

YEXT is a complete scam. They hold your company hostage until you pay for them to fix your listing. If you try to fix your listings, they constantly call you and badger you to spend money using their service. They should just leave people alone and let us update our own listings.