Having problems with LivePerson?

LivePerson Customer Service Contacts

+1 212 609 4200 (United States / New York)
+1 770 431 6300 (United States / Alpharetta)
+44 333 666 5483 (United Kingdom / Reading)
+81 364 345 888 (Japan / Tokyo)
+33 140 903 438 (France / Paris)
+31 852 100 987 (Netherlands)
+972 747 004 000 (Israel / Tel Aviv)
475 Tenth Ave., 5th Floor

Clerkenwell Workshops 512, 27 Clerkenwell Close, London, EC1R 0AT
Reading
250 South Oak Way Green Park, Reading RG2 6UG,

Japan
Roppongi Hills Mori Tower 17F, 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-6111, Japan
Germany

Italy
Via Camillo Finocchiaro Aprile 14, 20124 Milan, Italy

Australia
Level 2, 5 Queens Rd, Melbourne, VIC, AUS, 3004

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LivePerson Customer Service. Initial LivePerson complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LivePerson above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LivePerson. Discuss the issues you have had with LivePerson and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

LivePerson Complaints & Reviews

LivePersonliveperson liveengage livechat services

Contacting this company to complain about them continuing to charge a credit card AFTER a cancellation notice / email was sent (per their instructions) is near impossible. You call their number, and you get a text message sent back to you. There is NO LIVE HUMAN to talk with. AVOID this company at all cost. These reviews about fortunetellers is a coverup attempt to hide their bad name.

LivePersonlive person refuses to cancel account

We were with LivePerson for many several years and decided not to use them in January of 2017. After calling them and asking to cancel our account, they said that we could not cancel for ninety days. This is their policy if you can believe that. We agreed to keep going without a fight and took their product off our website in April of 2017. We realized that they were still billing us in August of 2017 and demanded the charges to be reversed and to stop billing us. We were once again told that we must wait ninety days to cancel our account.

It is now September of 2017 and we're still being billed $45 a month. This amount is more than their advertised amount on their website. We have gone around and around with them and today we've officially filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and contacted our credit card company for help. What can a small business do when a huge publicly traded company like this decides to take them hostage? We will take our fight online and make our voices heard! I'm sure that we're not the only small business they are doing this to.

Shame on you Live Person for trapping people into a monthly service. Shame on you for having hostage policies in place that steal from the pockets of hard working companies. You should be ashamed of yourself for making it difficult for people to leave you.

We will continue to spread the word about your bullish tactics and unethical business practices. It starts today and we will make sure the world knows the facts about you before they buy.

It's quite difficult to find their cancellation policies but you can if you dig around. Here they are https://www.liveperson.com/policies/license-agreement

We hope this changes someone's decision to do business with this company.

live person refuses to cancel account

LivePerson Inc. — Scam artist

This site is a fraud, there is absolute no screening of anyone. Anyone lists their profiles claiming to be...

Live PersonFraud Site

This site is a scam. Programmers from other countries basically India. They lie about there experience. Commit to projects and never provide great quality service sometimes they just back out without telling you. Don't use this site if you need a project. I would just pay the extra money to hire someone local. If you have these guys do it you will 99.9% not be satisfied the money you save you will pay more to have your project redone. Most of the reviews are generate by the experts. Look at the review names you can tell if 100 reviews are by the same person. Also of the Experts have multiple names on the site again you can tell by the responses, the work they submit (look at the properties in Microsoft Office documents) they will show the computer names.

I cant say enough AVOID this site if you don't want to be LIED TO, hire inexperience experts, have late project, get wrong answers
      Just not worth it. Plus customer service is not local I assume India. You can not call them They only respond to emails in the middle of the night. They will hold you responsible for invoice impossible to get money back. Don't trust these people with your credit card

• Fa
          falalala Jan 01, 2014

I believe you and read this:
          "Readings by Marianna"
          Stay away from this "expert" he's a liar posing as a woman pretending to tell only the truth, gets angry when "she" can't answer some questions or ignores, behaves inappropriatly which is unethical everything is fake and the so called prayers or spells simply don't work.
          I am sorry but this person is utterly crazy and the spelling is diabolical defenitly not a native English speaker as the grammar is terrible and some of the words don't even make sense.
          Not everything predicted came to pass I believe it was a mixture of true and what I wanted to hear.

LivePersonLiveperson Counselors are a bunch of Seedy ###s

Condensed version:

Waste of money. Just don't do it.

Long Version:

I just tried this company (they supposedly let you have the first 3 minutes free so you can see if it's any good)...and thank God I didn't pay for it. I searched through their database of psychologists to find the most experienced and knowledgeable-looking one, so I didn't just pick any random person.
        This man, who supposedly has a PhD in psychology, was typing like a 13-year-old girl. His typing speed had to be about 10 words per minute (in the chat module, you can see sentences as they're typed out). There were misspelled words, blatant capitalization errors, etc. Now, I'm not just being a grammar Nazi about his bad typing skills. My point is that, in order for this man to truly have a PhD. in psychology, you'd expect him to at least know how to spell. He's had to write a thesis at some point in his life, and several essays, if he truly is a PhD. I strongly suspect that he is not.
        Furthermore, besides the fact that the delivery was bad, the actual content of what he was typing to me amounted to absolutely nothing. All he even told me during the entire time I spoke with him is that the only way to know anything for sure is to go physically see a real therapist. Basically, he knew this was a waste of time, but he wanted to keep me on the line so he could charge me more. Any ethical person would have dismissed me right then, because there's nothing more that could be done online. Instead, he directed me to the "Hire Now" button (which is how you start getting charged after your first free few minutes). What was I supposed to hire him for?
        Also, LivePerson says that the first 3 minutes are free, blatantly on the page. However, this isn't true: that "psychologist" cut me off and directed me to the payment button after about the first 1.5 to 2 minutes. Thinking back on how it all went down, it's actually hilarious how scammish this is. Basically, this is what happened:

Website says: Join LivePerson now and chat for free with any of our qualified psychologists for the first 3 minutes. Website displays rows and rows of smiling, clean-cut looking psychology graduates with polished-looking credentials.

Then you contact your psych of choice and start your first free 3 minutes, expecting them to at least be on their best behavior for now because this is the moment that determines whether or not you'll decide to pay them. Then...
        From the first sentence he types, you strongly suspect that the person who is supposedly a 40-something year old psychology PhD. who takes what he does seriously, is really a 13 year old girl trying to make a few bucks and doesn't take anything seriously at all.

This is how that disheartening conversation went:

Psych: Hello

Me: Hi. I have a few problems that I wonder if you could help me with...(I describe a list of symptoms at least 2 paragraphs long).

Psych: REally the only way to know for sure is if you go to a counseling center but I can give you FEEdback.

Me: Okay...well...(I describe things some more in detail, at least another paragraph).

Psych: PLEase hire me to continue talking.

He never even acknowledged that he had read what I had written. And then asked me to pay him. Utter ###edness. Who would hire anyone from there, if this is what their top-recommended "experts" are like? I can't imagine they get any more helpful after you've already paid them, if this is all they can manage to even bait you into paying.

A psych at a physical place may be more intimidating and you may have to drive or get driven there, but really, if your only two options are that or online counseling from LivePerson, do the real-world counseling or don't do it at all. I've read other complaints about people getting billed hundreds of dollars from LivePerson without their knowledge for just a few minutes of talking as well, which is another reason why I never gave these people my financial information. And everybody who has ever used a LivePerson service knows that they NEVER give refunds, even if they say they will, or even if they were unjust. They'll never do it, don't expect them to. So, since LivePerson will likely either over-bill you or the psych you speak to will try to keep you on the chat/phone line with their unhelpful, unqualified jibberish to make you pay more, LivePerson probably isn't even cheaper than a real psych. You're paying the same amount (or more) for pure ###.

Seriously, why would you pay for this?

To make things extra-ridiculous, I actually posted one of the problems I intended to speak with the psych about on Yahoo Answers in the Psychology section and, just 20 minutes later, I had 2 insightful responses from people who could actually spell and could believably have a psychology degree. And it was completely free. It also keeps the anonymous, at-home appeal of online therapy because you remain faceless, don't even have to give your real name, and can delete the question soon after if you want to. And you can re-ask it as many times as you want, free.

Yahoo Answers' Psychology section is more useful than Liveperson Counseling. That's really saying something. Don't pay for that sh*t.

• So
            Sophia41 Apr 21, 2015

The fields of psychology and psychiatry are as full of internal corruption that the US government hides, just like the medical and pharmaceutical industries are!
            Until the corruptions FROM WITHIN our institutions is confronted and addressed, our society will continue to drop deeper in the dregs.

You can also thank criminal leniency against fraud, and failures of the FBI and other government and law enforcement to investigate and DETER these crimes against our citizens!

What a scam!! Glad you took the time to post and warn other potential users. The people who sue against freedom of speech about being victimized should be counter sued as traitors, because commercial industries are now wreaking havoc on the internet, especially when word gets out how badly they are ripping off citizens!!

LivePerson — Will Rip You OFF

They will rip you off. LP Marketer sold me on their product and promised me I was in good hands. When it came...

liveperson.comYou may not believe that some experts have thousands of dollars as pending money

You may not believe that some experts have thousands of dollars as pending money (claimed as customer did not pay), imagine this big lie, an enterprise like Liveperson is not able to control paid/unpaid transactions for 30, 000 experts or more, it is a very big lie that no one can believe it. And imagine how much money frauds are being deducted from all these hard working experts and some of them are knowledge less as well. I don’t encourage any one to work with them at all; because it is something like gambling “as long as you gamble as more the losses are”.

liveperson.comLiveperson sucks, it supports only the clients and not the experts who work hard

Liveperson sucks, it supports only the clients and not the experts who work hard. They have a weak payment system who doesn't promise to safeguard experts earnings

• Ro
                Romulanking Nov 04, 2012

LivePerson has defrauded me out of almost $450, and that does not include their non-efforts to recover payments from clients that defrauded both of us. Because of my complaints, LIvePerson closed my expert account. Don't work for them - their employees all work in Israel and believe they are beyond the scope of U.S. law.

• Ib
                Ibrahim Yaghi Jun 14, 2012

Their payment system is based on manual options set manually by a group of scammers; what to pick from like: Paid, Pend, Deposit, Hide, that is what I experienced from this scam site as an IT expert. Because some of my transactions showed up as Paid, then Pending, then got hidden. It depend on what they set it manually.

LivePersonfraud, refused refund

Recently needed help with HTML coding. This was urgent and the only option I came across was www.liverperson.com

I chose an expert with excellent reviews. During the first 3 minutes I stated clearly what I needed for this expert. I was assured they have had years of experience. Expert was hired. Long story short, this person didn't seem to know anything about HTML but not until after he was hired for some time.

I requested a refund from Liveperson and they refused. They claimed I should have asked during the free 3 minute period to make sure if the expert can actually help me (I did that). They also claimed no one was stopping me from quiting the session (I did quit but not until after the pay session have started). They also said the expert should be paid for the time they spent with me regardless whether they helped me or not.

It annoys me that Liveperson would support people who are frauds. By not removing this person from their site they are allowing others to be cheated out of their money.

LivePerson — truth and light misleading

I admit psychic readings can be a bunch of hoop la, but I wanted to warn the community regarding psychic...

LivePersonhidint poor ratings

Had a reading by eternal insights. I could tell right away this was a script reader who probably had several accounts with liveperson. I rated he/she? With 1 star.. I waited 24 hours and rating was not showing, I contacted liveperson they told me to give it a few more hours to post... The following day my rating still did not show. I contacted liveperson again, they told me that they did not post the rating because the reader was having tech problems when they read for me. I told liveperson that there was no tech problem what so ever. I left because his reading was silly and he was not connecting. They kept insisting that reader was having tech problems and they were not going to post my rating.. I had to demand that they post it, saying it was not fair for readees only seeing the bogus 5 star ratings from the same readees over and over again. I wonder how many times this happens with liveperson not posting the real ratings. It seems eternal insights must have stock in this company, they have been reported as possing as a woman and then a man, and reported for having several accounts, and now liveperson is hiding poor ratings on this reader.. I wonder why

liveperson.comProfessional Counselors (mental health)

Not only are the psychics really abusive and scam-y, the so-called counselors, who have so-called credentials, really act very incompetent, most of them do anyway.

They are abusive! I tried to get into live chat with 5 in a row tonight and no one would take me and I have worked with someone a couple of times, and they ALWAYS found some way to dump me or to drop the ball when I needed them the most.

I go to them for answers to questions on my life and (not suicidal) and my problems and all I get is anything from "It's all your fault" without an objective viewpoint, to "I'm busy, what do you want?"

I will no longer go there or tell my friends about it, except to tell them RUN; don't go to liveperson.

Credentials or not, liveperson is a place where therapists can have a PARTY abusing clients and messing with their heads!

In fact a friend of mine last spring almost ended her life because a therapist on Liveperson blocked her without telling her why and later acted like nothing happened! I saved her life.

Stay away from Liveperson and join online forums; at least there ppl are forgivable cause they are not slick pro's who think they have a right to mess with our psyches for cheap dollars.

liveperson.comFraud

Rosalynda claimed that she could give me detailed information on where to find my lost dog. My question to her was that I wanted specific information - location, landmarks, cross streets, etc. She said "sure - I can do that". I "hired" the expert for a flat fee and was immediately presented with an invoice to confirm.
                    The information Rosalynda provided was so vague - 15 miles away with an older person.
                    When I asked for specifics since that is what I requested, she told me I needed to pay her more money. "She was done working for free." Free - nothing. I paid her good money.
                    I contacted Liveperson.com about this. I requested a refund or at least part of the money back. I was told by their Billing Department that I approved the invoice after I received the reading.
                    That is a LIE - Rosalynda presented me with an invoice as soon as I went into hire mode. The time stamp on the invoice is over 30 minutes BEFORE I received the "reading" from Rosalynda.
                    The Billing Department is a joke and Rosalynda may have a "gift" but she scams you by not realling answering your question and then demands more money when pushed to get the information she was hired to provide.

LivePersonfraud

Today I had been con by an "expert" which I had hired at www.liveperson.com to do my c+ assignment as he had promised at a cost of usd30. This "expert" by the name of web designer_programmer or sunny_nu (He had changed to this nick after his con job) had sent me a c+ codes which doesn't work and he claimed it does work on his computer. After I had refused to approve his invoice he started to get pushy and said he will only send me the correct solution after I paid him and gave him a good rating! I can see how this is going, him blackmailing me for more $ perhaps? So I had reported him to liveperson as well as paypal. Guess what, liveperson did have a livechat with me and asked me to wait for their reply. Which I did not receive it till I had contest the invoice in paypal. All this ends today when I had decided to let paypal decide on the outcome which I shouldn't have. Anyway, I can see that i'm bound to lose the usd30 as this was clearly a scam by liveperson website. I had went to check out the reviews of the "expert" and realised i'm not the only one who was con by him. Thus, I hope someday someone or some authority will take action and investigate this matter as it is clearly not in my league to take them on. I'm just another consumer... I hope the people who had seen this will heed my advise, not to succumb to temptation and engage any "expert" help and get your money con. If you need help, a local forum would be a better choice than talking to sweet-talkers who are not what they claimed to be... Bsc, prof... My foot.

liveperson.comharassment

Robin Bluedragon harassed me on LivePerson.com. He sent me messages that were rude and mean spirited. I was so disturbed by it that I ended up cancelling my account there, and I don't even know him! He's a supposed "psychic" on that website but he goes out of his way to insult clients. He's a fraud and he should be barred from giving "psychic readings" to the public and stealing their money. Apparently I'm not the first to report his behavior, either. He needs to leave.

• Me
                            Mel676 May 08, 2011

Busteedd! I find it funny when people automatically assume a psychic is not real because they dont tell you what you want to hear, iam sorry but whats the point of going to one, if your just expecting them to lie to and tell you what you want to hear? Not only that just because a prediction doesnt come to pass doesnt mean they are fake either, the future is not set in stone, you have your own free will to make decisions that can change the future, as so do the people you inquire about. I even knew that, and iam not a psychic. Also every psychic has there own abilities, asking for you dob or name doesnt mean anything about being fake. Seeing a psychic is an interaction period. Do you go to a doctor and when he asks whats wrong with you say, cant you tell me, your the doctor. No you wouldnt. Asking for little info like your first name or dob gives em a chance to connect with you. People need to look up what a psychic actually before going to one, instead of reporting someone as a fraud who has real talents.Give your head a shake.

• Fl
                            Flying High Mar 30, 2010

I find it most intersting that LP is the main advertiser for this page, and that these are just lies from another jealous expert. If this were a real person, which I dont think it is, and I seemed rude to you its likely because I didnt tell you what you wanted to hear. I would have no way to contact you, or harrass you, by the way, unless you came to me, or checked the button for me to be allowed to contact you. And after looking for your name in all my work from 3 moths either way from your post here, I dont think you were ever even a client of mine. So this is just another BS attack on someone who doesnt deserve it.

• Pr
                            protectyoursel Nov 17, 2009

Ela sorry to pop your bubble..but it is a known fact sooooo many experts in Liveperson share transcripts. So if you go around getting reading most ask you for your name and date of birth and the person in question. So that expert shares transcript to other experts and thats how they do their business. Its a known fact. I was hooked and I want people to know to BEWARE. They feed you fairytales and in the end you will be devastated when nothing comes true.

• El
                            Ela* Sep 29, 2009

I have been to a few "psychic " readers on "Liveperson" which suprised me because they were quite accurate...One of which gave me the name of the person I inquired about...There absolutely no way this reader/person should have known this information...Another reader at Liveperson predicted the exact date and time of the birth of my grandson...What are the odds that both these just lucky guesses? I will admit there are many bad apple in the bunch, however we should not judge those who are "authentic"...

Live Person — Fake, repetitive results

I used this service several times and all results were similar. They scam you by either typing really slow...

LivePerson — moonie kwe

As client, I tried to connect to Expert Moonie Kwe for her services as Moonie Kwe appeared a...

LivePerson — terrible experience

I have had many readings over the last year on this site and alot of the experts are just not gifted at all...