Yamaha FZ16 bike / Worst Customer Satisfaction Experience in Yamaha,Wakdewadi,Pune service Center

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I purchased my Yamaha FZ16 motorcycle from Pune in Nov 2008. Till now I have done 4 servicing of the bike but I am really Angry, Frustrated and totally dissatisfied with the kind of treatment Yamaha service engineers gave me.

Last week, the clutch cable of my bike suddenly ripped off.I somehow managed to fit a BAJAJ clutch cable instead(Attention:It has been a year to the release of FZ16 and the Bike spares are still not available in the outside market).

But like every other bike lover, I love my bike and insist on original spare parts so I visited the "AUTHORISED PUNE" Company service center next morning(Saturday).

But, as usual the service engineers were reluctant to even look at the problem and asked me to come later in the evening. FINE !!! No probs.

ok..now I got a little late(instead of 4 pm it was 4:30 pm, BIG BIG MISTAKE !!!) so I called up the engineers requesting them to whether I can come down with my bike to do the bike-repairs?

But another excuse (These guys never fall short of one, really astonishing ain't they???)

They said now its too late...it takes 1 hour to just fit the clutch cable(same guy had told me it will take just half an hour for the repairs same morning)

So they just throw me this sentence:"Come down tomorrow ANY TIME"

Fine!!! I asked them about their lunch time(Clever me!!!) . On earlier day it was 1pm-2pm which conveniently changed to 1:30pm-2:30 pm the next day.

So I asked them, whether I should come at 2:30 pm next day???

To this they replied "No sir !!! We have some important work to do after lunch break(Every Indian knows what IMP things we Indians do after lunch break !!!).So Come at 3 pm sharp."

So ultimately I reached service center exactly at 3 pm.I was told that we will do the repairs as soon as possible and deliver the bike(This was the only time they spoke properly to me)

But to my dismay, the bike was not even touched till 3:30 pm.

When asked about it, reply was as follows;
"HAVE PATIENCE...We already told you that it will take 1 hour for the repairs"

--> that sums up to (1/2 hr of Time pass+ 1/2 hour of repairs)

My question to you is, in these days of tough competition is it just enough to launch a COOL LOOKING bike without paying attention to customer satisfaction???

If the answer is NO...then please take strict action against these service engineers.If they are that frustrated with their jobs its better that they should start searching for other kind of jobs.

My only concern was that due to a broken or loose clutch cable the clutch plates or the gearbox should not be damaged. Can't Yamaha service engineers consider a case such as this URGENT and give fast response & do the repairs urgently?

Why we should scratch our heads for such a small problem??? I had to wait 2 days to get the problem solved!!!

Who should be held responsible if my bike breaks down suddenly due to this poor service or if the gearbox is damaged???

I request you to take strict actions and ensure customer satisfaction when it comes to BIKE SERVICING. Wearing sporty Yamaha Jackets & cool sunglasses wont get you far !!!

Take care & be alert,

Comments

• Si
      12th of Sep, 2009

I also had worst experience in servicing, I left my FZ16 for first service, km was 267, and when I received its was 300km already, complained to manager but he said job card says when u left the bike it was 298 km, mother ###ers.

• Ra
      7th of Nov, 2009

Hello sir,
    I S.Rajshekhar own a vehicle of reputed brand YAMAHA MOTORS. I bought YAMAHA FZ16 on 14th feb 2009 at (sri srinivasa automobiles), opp sbi dondaparthy, VIZAG. And almost all my free servicing has been done to my vehicle and I am left with 1 free service coupon, as still my bike has a warranty period, and on 24st October 2009 the bike suddenly stopped at night, as the following day is 25th oct 2009 fall on Sunday so with the help of showroom mechanic (Srinu) on Monday 26th oct I have given the bike to check the complaint. And it turned to be wiring defect and totally the wiring kit and the speedo meter panel got spoiled. Mr. V. VENKAT (service manager) did not handled the case properly and said warranty will not be given and had to pay RS 3500 and take the wiring and new panel, and also said even the battery should be changed and have to pay for that as well, and the tie up with AMCO normal battery is given to my bike at the time of purchase and still the battery is under warranty and said will not be given by them as well and when we asked for the dry cell as given to other bikes but MR. Venkat said will try and adjust that battery its still working. The service engineer is least responsible towards the customer queries and said that he is not suppose to escalate this issue to the company. And before 24th oct jus 1 week before my free servicing has been done and I say that due to inefficiency of the staff and I consider MR. Venkat is the least responsible person working for a reputed company YAMAHA MOTORS. So I request to take this issue to be escalated to the RND (research and development) department to look into the problem to avoid such cases to come across in future, and I am sending you the attached photos of the wiring and looking foreword for the solution and the bike should be delivered as soon as possible, can mail to my mailing address or call me on my mobile number: 9642334663. And I am waiting for the reply and the next action to be taken by YAMAHA MOTORS and not the dealer.

Thanking you,
    Yours faithfully,
    (RAJ SHEKHAR SINGURU)

• Ar
      13th of Oct, 2010

When i gave my first servicing they([censor]s) took my petrol(gas)...[censor] their servicing centre managers