Yahoo Personals / michael amre

1 Manila Philippines, United States Review updated:

I subscribed to Yahoo Personals because I got an email from this guy, Michael Amre. We corresponded (IM, email, phone) and then he said he would visit me in Manila. He then asked me for "assistance" to come up with $4, 000 to cover his expenses (tickets, etc). He said he's pay me back upon his arrival in Manila, cause he would have to wait for his pay check. He asked me to transfer the funds to him via Western Union. I actually had my credit card out already, when i checked his flight details, it did not show any stop over. I travel, so I know that there's no direct flight from London to Manila. So, alarm bells started to ring. I then emailed him to check which airline he booked with. He, of course, could not answer me. I then told him NOT TO SCAM ME. I reported it to Yahoo Personals this morning (Mla time) and yet, up to now (its already afternoon for me), they have not provided me with a feedback. I dont know what else to do. I just want to make sure others are not subjected to this. Cause if I were not a seasoned traveller, I would have kissed my $4, 000 goodbye. Please help. Thanks

Comments

1st of Aug, 2008
    Yahoo Personals - Fraudulent Charges

I signed up for the 7 day free trial at Yahoo personals and cancelled after 3 days and deleted my profile and was surprised to find they had charged my card $83.94 for 6 months service and I have not been able to contact them as they no longer have an 800 number, I sent 2 emails and never heard back anything . I am filing fraud charges thru the AZ Attorney Generals office.

• Ro
      25th of Aug, 2008

As of August, 2008 Yahoo is still defrauding unsuspecting people who sign up with Yahoo Personals. Rest asure, once you give them your credit card number you will never be removed from their billing list. This is despite what their Indian call station will say. Also, you will not get past the screening clerk at their corporate offices. California Department of Consumer Protection will refer you to the California Atorney General. If one could stop Yahoo Fraud that way, they would no longer be doing it. The only option is to cancel the credit card. That's a sad state of affairs.

• Ro
      25th of Aug, 2008

You can try writing a letter to.

Jerry Yang, Chief Executive, Yahoo
    701 1st Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94089

send a copy to Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. California Department of Justice, P.O. Box 944255 Sacramento, CA 94244-2550

Then file a disputed charge with your credit card company the next time Yahoo bills you.

Download the sample complaint letter from

• Dh
      21st of Jul, 2009
    Yahoo Personals - No IM button on My Paid Profile
    Yahoo Personals U.S.
    yahoo.com

First Yahoo got rid of the search for members in its regular free yahoo program .. forcing people to join their yahoo personals dating site.

okay, I finally give in to join in order to actually talk with others, but my profile does not have an send Im button on it like other profiles. Ive looked and looked thinking perhaps its something I need to check mark .. nope. Ive emailed them with no response.

• Ju
      15th of Feb, 2010

Hi Doreen,

I just read our complaint & appreciate ou sharing. I'm wondering if you have his pictures b/c i too am talking to someone but there are certain alarms out there but i've told him i wouldn't give him any money. He's still iming but i'm still not sure. do you have pictures or something??