Yahoo! / ability to select/block what appears on yahoo news screen

Beaverton, OR, United States

In the past, I was able to set the newsfeed stories on my Yahoo Home or Yahoo News page to hide or limit certain subjects--Kardashians/celebrity gossip, for instance. As a teacher and parent who has their screen visible when kids are around, this is important to me. I am no longer to keep these types of stories off my screen. There are "love this topic" and sharing options, but no "dislike". Why? For reasons unbeknownst to me, I am getting every single article about unprofessional teachers who break our code of ethics and sexually abuse their students, as well as all the horrible domestic abuse stories out there, and they stay on my feed for days instead of changing out (is this what happens when you try to read education and family issues? If so, the algorithm picking those stories is skewed terribly). I have had my yahoo account for over a decade, and I hate to give it up. However, I am at that point if I cannot fix this. Please help. Key issues: removing unwanted stories from main news feed, "disliking" inappropriate stories/resetting current choices so news algorithm can find better fits, getting news that is on Yahoo News to change on a more natural basis (no reason for any story to be there for 4 days). Thanks.

Te