Wyndham Vacation Resorts / Horrible company

The sales rep at the Wyndham Vacation Resort in Sevierville, Tennesse committed fraud by lying to my husband and I about a timeshare we purchased through them. We were told that we were trading our timeshare from RCI to a timeshare through Wyndham. The sales rep from Sevierville, Davis Linkous supposedly spoke to his manager and told us that we could sell our timeshare from RCI to Wyndham and only own with Wyndham. When we signed our contract we were told that we would only have one payment through Wyndham which was around $50 less than what we were currently paying through RCI. After returning home we found out that the transaction did not take place as we were told. Our bank was being charged for both timeshares. After calling RCI we found out that this transaction could not be legally performed. We immediately stopped all payments to Wyndham and began trying to cancel the timeshare. After many calls and emails, the Wyndham company did not cancel as we requested. Now they are sending us letters about a collection agency.

Li

Comments

• Re
      1st of Dec, 2009

This same thing happened to us. In August we were told we were converting our fixed week in the Poconos to points with a home base at National Harbor. We were told we would not have the old payment anymore and that it would be put on a Bill Me later plan to pay off.
    Now Wyndham is saying that that amount is a downpayment and had nothing to do with the original timeshare. Don't know what to do at this point. I am disabled and money is really tight. This is outrageous

• Ke
      16th of Jun, 2010

We had a similar experience through Fairfield Glade, TN...we were vacationing there through RCI exchange and had the speel from them, etc...we already have a 'timeshare' through a resort here in Ontario...we told them that we NEITHER WANTED NOR NEEDED a second timeshare...their response...oh don't worry...we'll take care of that for you...we thought that they were going to 'take care' of it for us...how they did it was gave us extra points!!!...what the [censored] are extra points good for if you can't afford to make your payments?!...we thought it was all good until we got our bill for our maintenance fees for our Ontario resort...so here we are...struggling to pay those fees...AND make our Wyndham payments and maintenance fees...we were misled into believing that we'd have only the Wyndham timeshare...their collections department is another story...while I have dealt with maybe one or two pleasant ppl while making payment arrangements...most recently I am soooooooo upset with them...my husband was just hospitalized with a serious illness...that is upsetting and stressful enough...I get a call from collections...I'm blubbering like a fool telling her about my husband and that I can't deal with them right now and making a payment to Wyndham wasn't on my priority list...she had the compassion of a postage stamp...they called again later that day...called the next day...this time I yelled at them and just hung up...they have called almost a dozen times since my hubby has been in the hospital...they can do what they bloody well want with our timeshare...we have been paying into it for almost two years and haven't used it yet...it would be 100% profit for them...I don't give a [censor] anymore.