Woolworths / google home mini offer - very poor customer service

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

In early Oct 2017 Woollies had an offer-spend $70 for 4 weeks. Win a Google Home Mini. I spent, qualified but still waiting for the reward. Was supposed to arrive late Nov. Wollies Cust Svc is so crap. They say its not their fault but Googles. They still cant give me an ETA on when it will come, no tracking number provided an no email sent to me to say that I have won. Their logic to it was that they have it in their system saying that I have won but they cannot send an email to confirm this. How ridiculously stupid is that?

They advised me in late Nov that all prizes would arrive by Dec 19. I specifically told them that the G Home was a Christmas gift for my 7 year old son. The agent assured me that all was on track for deliver. Dec 20 and still no sign. Called them, waited for 35 mins on hold. Agent advised that there was nothing they could do. They apparently "could not tell if the shipment had left the warehouse as it was a third party. The delay was due to the fact that the response to the offer was overwhelming. The agent advised me to wait for a few more days and call them back if I still hadn't got it." When I asked what was his definition of afew more days he said he did not know. I asked for a team leader - Elias who gave me a spiel that iyt was in the T&C's. I asked him where was the T&C's and he said that he wasn't sure, but he knew it and I had to look for it. And this is a Team leader speaking. I asked for some one senior to speak to as I was getting nowhere. The TL said that he had escalated the call to a supervisor, but they were all busy so I would receive the call by 2 weeks. He added that in case I did not receive a call back I had to call back.

All along I have been requesting Woollies to call me when they find a resolve as it was much easier rather than me calling them, waiting on hold for half an hour only to find that they still don't know the answer, but even their supervisors said that that is not possible. They are so frustrating./ Not sure about Coles & Aldi's but Woollies should treat their customers with a little more respect and be careful of what they pout out there, considering the competition in the Supply Chain industry.

As for me its almost 2 months after the offer has expired and I am still waiting to receive the gift that I won fair and square. Woolworths I am shocked that a MNC like yours can offer such poor and shocking customer service. Shame on You !!!

Jo