Woodforest National Bank / crooked b+1$#%ds

We want to close our account but we need to close it 30 days to the day of the one year anniversary or it will automatically renew for another year. They charge an early termination fee of $375 if you are one day ahead of the schedule. They are a terrible company.

D  1st of Mar, 2009 by
Are you sure you have the right bank? I've never heard of them doing that...
N  15th of Mar, 2009 by
D  29th of Mar, 2009 by
what kind of account are you talking about? was it a C>D> they don't do that for checking or savings accounts...
D  14th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Wrong answer. Another loser who is just posting crap they cant back up. Fail.
D  12th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i recently lost my job with wnb, and hate them right now but i have to back them against this claim...hey dum dum--you get c harged $25 if you close your account before it has been open for 6 months...thats it, where ever you got your information it was wrong. contact customer care they will correct you on the fees that are assessed.
A  11th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am a merchant and Woodforest solicited my credit card processing account. The service was less than I had with previous processors and when they did a poor job of returning my calls. When I called to cancel my account I was informed there is a $495 early termination fee. Since I mentioned I had another processing account they informed me that I had no choice, I was in breach of the contract I had with them and my account would be closed and they would bill my checking account (with another bank, there are no Woodforest banks in my state) the $495. I checked my contract and the fee was NOT in my contract. I closed my checking account to prevent them from billing the $495. I've faxed my copy of the contract to my attorney and we will see where it goes from here.

Reading the complaints (all over the internet) concerning Woodforest bank, I see many of them are in Walmart stores in Texas. Why not organize a campaign calling Walmart complaining about Woodforest? Perhaps even getting disgruntled Woodforest customers along with their friends and families to boycott or picket in front of the Walmart stores where these banks are located. This isn't about the economic impact from the individuals involved in the boycott/picket. It's about getting the publicity! That's what will bring about change. They don't want their image tarnished on the 6:00 news.
A  3rd of Jun, 2011 by
I have had terrible experience with the b)*%&^% before closing my account. They really are the ### of the earth, tr

Woodforest National Bank Logo Woodforest National Bank