Wish / my account is restricted

1 Burbank, CA, United States Review updated:

Over a week ago I was trying to make a purchase and it was processing but when i tried to buy something else and I couldn't. My account is restricted and I contacted wish support and provided everything they asked for-including a photo of my credit card-but nothing has changed. I can't buy anything else and I can't get a refund. I've emailed them several times and barely any response. The only response was automated messages that didn't give me anything. They said they could not unblock my account at this time, But they refuse to tell me why my account was restricted in the first place. I'd like to speak with a representative please, who is actually a person and not a recording, thanks. This has now happened to both me & my moms account. What the heck, wish?

Da
Dec 17, 2016

Comments

• Ba
      20th of Dec, 2016

My account was restricted about 2 months ago, my boyfriend had an account as well and he was kicked off a day after my account and we assumed it was because we have the same address? Anyways, he just received j. The mail via first class mail and actual thank you letter and a tshirt for being one of their top shoppers and he hasn't been able to buy anything for about 2 months either! We've spent countless hours trying to figure out what's going on and email after generic email we have gotten no where, we live close to Sanfransisco and figure we will drive to their headquarters and put up a fight because it bs that they do this and have no explanation!

15th of Jan, 2018

@Bailey Boysel This is absolutely bizarre. Did you ever find out? I suspect it is something that merchants activate when they get angry with you for a return that ruined their reputation. Had you just returned something, by any chance?

15th of Jan, 2018

@Sonya Senkowsky Hmmm, just managed to contact a merchant (after a little research), and all seems on the up and up on their end. So now I think I agree with Diana Soares below, who suggests it's all automated.

20th of Apr, 2017

What's the outcome? Any update?

26th of Jun, 2017

We have the same issue. But problem is, that we have still tons of products, that is on the way. And many products didn't come and we cannot contact support and nothing else. Still automated message and nothing happened.
    Please does somebody know, how to solve this issue?

• Di
      29th of Jun, 2017

I have had the same issue...luckily all my items had been delivered before hand.
    It seems no matter how many times you try to get an explanation, you end up with the exact same email all the time.
    Calling the support number also doesn't work as this is all automated also. So annoyed. I don't think you can solve the issue, I honestly think it is all run by a computer that generates all this information out to us!!!
    As much as I liked Wish, I have also shopped with Ali-Express for over 5 years now and they have the exact same products as Wish does (may be a tad bit different in pricing, but I rather pay the difference and not get kicked off for no apparent reason.), and have always been very satisfied with product and service. Hope this helps guys!!!
    Thanks.

• Kc
      9th of Jul, 2017

My account has been restricted also ?
    What is going on ??

2nd of Aug, 2017

Can you pleasesend my order

• In
      26th of Aug, 2017

I've made two accounts and both of them has restricted!!:/ i live in Jordan and I ordered items that can be delivered to Jordan, I dont know what are they trying to do!! I emailed them but no response :/!! Thank God that my first try on the first account has been refunded, the second account rejected the order immediately without paying step and then I found out it's restricted too, am hopeless really );

• Pa
      30th of Oct, 2017

My account is restricted as well and it's the first time that I buy on wish. I ordered some items and have emailed them about the situation but I have got no response.

• Fa
      19th of Nov, 2017

OMG I JUST BOUGHT 60$ PRODUCTS AND THEY RESTRECTED ME ARE THEY SENDING MY PRODUCTS ? LIKE WHAT THE F !

15th of Jan, 2018

It's very unfortunate that Wish has this glitch that they will not fix--especially as it seems to target some of their biggest (former) fans.

• La
      23rd of Mar, 2018

I used to shop with wish probably once a week I would buy something from wish I placed a $260 order they said they refunded it but they kept my money I had to get my bank involved and then I finally got my money back and they restricted my account and I can't buy anything now I use to shop with wish for years

• Bb
      14th of Jun, 2018

I have been restricted since August 2017 and I can only guess it was because a seller I had bought from numerous times decided to cancel several orders totaling about $500. I was then restricted and everyday got a different Indian name answering my question as to why? Never once did I get a coherent answer. Now I find all of you here with the same problems and it seems nobody has ever reversed this.