Windstream DSL / constant harrassing mrktg calls

1 Little Rock, AR, United States
Phone: (501) 748-5550

Since signing up for a Windstream land phone in January 2008, I've rcvd non-stop harrassing mrktg calls 2-3 times daily. All come in identified as "Toll Free Service, " but when I call the number, a sales rep answers, "Windstream." I've exhausted almost all local options for stopping these calls, including cajoling, pleading etc with the local company here in Lincoln, NE, and begging the caller (an 18-yr-old college student named "Brad") to stop. Now I'm writing the state atty general. No my Do Not Call defense doesn't apply, since Windstream is my phone provider. If this is CEO Jeff Gardner and Exec VP and Mrktg Chief Ric Crane's idea of selling DSL to hapless customers, they need a refresher MBA course (did they really sleep thru their original classes?) Judging from the DSL service they provide, I can see why they're desperate for new customers, and why the company is repurchasing $400 million of its own shares (generally a poor use of company revenue, unless there is a highly unusual reason).