Whirlpool / whirlpool washing machine model wtw4815ew0, serial no. c51832777

Dear Whirlpool, I am writing this in regards to a washing machine model number WTW4815EW0 serial number
C51832777.
I purchased the washing machine on behalf of my aging and ill parents in April of 2015. My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease 4 years ago and my mother had a stroke seven years ago and has been an invalid for five years. My sister and I care for my parents along with a caregiver. My parents purchase their first automatic Maytag washing machine in 1971. When I purchased the whirlpool washing machine I was told that it was manufactured under the same company that Maytag is manufactured. I was satisfied with this and also knowing the Whirlpool name I felt confident in purchasing this appliance. The machine worked like a charm up until 2 weeks ago. It started to make a loud noise that progressively got worse during the spin cycle. Today I had my very reliable appliance repair man come out to take a look at the washing machine. He told me that the ball bearings in the transmission have gone bad. he said it would not be worth repairing the machine. I feel that we were sold a lemon at my local Home Depot store in Lake Zürich Illinois. I feel this situation is very unfair. Given my parents situation it would be very expensive for me to purchase a brand-new washing machine in only 2 1/2 years for them. I look forward to your response and I am hoping you will have compassion when making your decision.
Sincerely submitted by Susan

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jun 20, 2017

We definitely understand your frustrations and would be more than happy to check on this further for you. If you could, please send an email to us at [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your full name, address, a phone number where you may be reached, and the full model and serial number.

Sd