Whirlpool Washing Machine / faulty washing machine!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

We purchased a Whirlpool washing machine from Curry's with a warranty in case of faults within one year. After 10 months the thing rattled and squeaked so we called the customer complaints department. An engineer came out after a week to fix the problem or so we thought but the engineer banged hell out the machine to replace the faulty part. He even put sealant somewhere and said do not use it for several days. He also said he had a lot of problems to sort out with these machines as they had a faulty part.After several days we started the machine up and there was water all over the kitchen floor. We called Whirlpool again and repeated that the engineer said there were lots of problems with the machine but they said they did not know what he talking about as they did not have any faulty machines.

He came to fix it again throwing his tools on the floor in obvious temper and frustration and left again with the same remark do not use it for several days. This we did even left it longer to switch on again. Wow!!! Water all over the floor again. We had many calls to Whirlpool and they said it is Currys that have your money not us. We said in reply but they are your distributors and they purchased it off you.All went quiet and they said they would not give us a new machine.

The engineer is returning now with a complete new drum but we have lost confidence in Whirlpooland will advise all who ask not to purchase one. As soon as customer service knew we were very annoyed they clammed up and said very little obviously in case of legal redress which we may very well do. Whirlpool are a nightmare in our opinion and spend more on service engineer visits than the machine cost. We have waited three weeks without a washing machine and they care very little in our opinion.

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Sep, 2006
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - nobody comes to fix it!
    India

We have bough the Whirlpool washing machine in 2017 and it is having some problem. I have registered a complain with Bangalore Karnataka India.Service center 10 days back and nobody has attended the complain. Complain No(Call No): 2701.

One technician called Shabari (9243459417) from service center called up and with him I was enquiring about the timings they work and when is he going to come he behaved in a very rude way. He just doesn't have decency, He doesn't't know how to talk to the customer and I don't understand How such people are working with world class company like Whirlpool.. Almost everyday I call them up and they say they will be sending the technician today. Everyday I go home early from office and nobody has turned up till today.

Can you please look into this problem.

Thanking you and happy day.

-Regards,
    Shilpa

• Ra
      24th of Sep, 2007
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - unsatisfactory performance
    India

I have purchased Whirlpool washing machine from Uttam Sales, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand about 3 years back. Two-three years back it stopped working. I log complaint to Magic Service Point (supposed to be authorized service center in Jamshedpur). They checked WM and told that its PCB is gone bad. I spent about Rs.3000/- and get PCB replaced. After few days, WM again given some problem. This time they first told that valve is gone bad and require replacement. But valve was out of stock, so it took more than one month to attend complain after giving several reminders. Now, they are telling that valve as well as PCB are gone bad.

Firstly, I want to tell that Whirlpool WM so unreliable that its PCB is damaged in few years. And again repeated in few days. Poor washing machine!

• Ra
      11th of Nov, 2007

I agree with those who have complaint about whirl pool washing machine. I booked a complaint on 5-11-2017 for a 4 day old machine which is not working satisfactorily. Many calls made. But no body tented.

• As
      12th of Nov, 2007

Rightly said, I have been calling them for the last 6 days since my washing machine went dead. Every time they talk in an unprofessional manner. I will never purchase any whirlpool products.

21st of Nov, 2007
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - a company that treats customers as strangers!
    Whirlpool India
    www.whirlpoolindia.com

I had purchased a fully automatic washing machine in Y2017 from the said company at Baroda, Gujarat. I have always noted that the after sales service of this company is PATHETIC!!! I had recently lodged a complaint on 17/Nov'07 regarding the machine not working and called up the online service call number to be logged onto a customer service representative (CSR). The CSR categorically took my complaint and assured of an engineer visiting my residence in 48 hrs after 1900 hrs (the time I indicated as the preferred one!!) since my home would be locked during the daytime. After 48 hrs I called up again on not seeing any engineer visiting me and got logged onto another CSR to whom I gave the complaint number, however had to explain all details like name, location, machine, problem etc... again and she assured a 24 hrs response time.

Needless to say this saga has continued until today (21/nov) and when I called up the service station now and got a NEW CSR (as usual!!) I was informed that the engineer came by MISTAKE at 1400 hrs instead of the 1900 hrs that I had specifically indicated (There was however no evidence at my residence that the said engineer had actually come!! I even checked up with my building security). Now the CSR asked me to lodge a NEW complaint and I had to relentlessly provide all details again. The response I get was amazing, the CSR said "Your complaint would be attended in 48 hrs".
    It is true that a company's reputation can be judged by the service it offers it's customers once the product is sold to them. I would strongly recommend people reading this note, pl not to buy any WHIRLPOOL goods. Now I realize that the name of the company is actually symbolic of where their customers would land up if they avail "after sales service"!!!

5th of Apr, 2008
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - not functioning
    Whirlpool
    India

I bought a washing machine of Whirlpool Splash 5 kg fully automatic on 16th February 2017. It stopped funcitioning on 24th March 2017.

I am awaiting with patient to get it repaired. I contact daily the call center, branch service and the dealer. The response is that " we would definitely do it today". But much waters have flown since then the day has not come.

Let this be a caution to those who are going for Whirlpool

• Su
      29th of Jul, 2009
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - non proffessionalism of the service centre
    mrs.s.sarkar
    India

i had bought a whirlpool washing machine(model.no fsah-651cr) on31/12/2017 from a whirlpool dealer in noida sector 18(rhythm house). from the very beginning the machine is giving us problems. it was not functioning properly.the engineer from the service centre had to change the mother board within a month.then after about 6 months, yesterday, the machine suddenly stopped midway with the tub full with water. when i had put in the complaint with the call centre, (complaint no.gb0709009091)they promised me to send the engineer between 4 and 6 p.m. but neither the engineer had turned up, nor was there any information from their side, though, the call centre and the service centre kept telling that the engineer would definitely visit .
    it is more than 24 hours now that my new washing machine is full with water and still, whenever i am calling the concerned people, they are assuring me that it will get rectified today itself. and i am still waiting for the engineer to come, with all my pending works keeping still pending.
    i will definitely never buy a whirlpool product in the future, and would decuede people to buy it, if my problem is not solved once and for all. i had asked the dealer and whirlpool when i had faced my initial problem, to get the machine replaced.they never bothereed to take it seriously.

• La
      21st of Oct, 2009
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - detergent dispensor broken by the engineer
    India

i am highly dissapointed withe services of the company.i have been having problem since july and i again registered complaint on 16sep09 with the complaint no LK0909004189, i have been continously reminding about the complaint and everytime i was being told that it will be done in a weeks time but today ie 21oct99 when i called up in customer care services i was told by your representative that my complaint has been closed without taking any action and i have to again register the complaint.when i asked the representative Ms Seema Yadav to let me talk to some senior officer their she refused to do that and when i asked her to give the CEO's contact number or mail address she asked me to register a fresh complaint and she was quite adamant about it.now i want to know when damage has been done by your companies engineer then am i responsible for it and why my complaint has been closed without my knowledge?secondly why i am being harassed just because i have purchased your company's product.such a reputed company has really dissapointed me.i would like that managing director Mr Arvind Uppal to take some action in my case.i am a war widow of an army officer and i expect from your company to help me out in this case.thanking you

• Pu
      15th of Nov, 2009
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - no response after my complain
    whirlpool
    India

My washing machine is under warranty period & I had complained regarding my washing machine on 01 Oct 2017 vide my telephone no.26386851 but till date my complain is not resolved. In this connection I contacted customer care a number of times but it was useless and hence this email to you.

Pls note I had contacted Mr Saroj, Whirlpool Kolkata office employee, a number of times but his commitment was not fulfilled any time.

Pls note I have written a number of times regarding my earler complains but I have not received any reply. Is this the quality of service from WHIRLPOOL.

• Ha
      16th of Dec, 2009
    Whirlpool Splash - not functioning
    A.S.Hameeda Parveen
    India

I have complaint on friday but so far no response from your side.

• Go
      16th of Dec, 2009

Then you shouldn't have gotten fired.

• Jr
      15th of Mar, 2010
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - sears
    Aldie
    Virginia

I have been waiting over one month to have my washing machine serviced. Wrong parts were ordered, 2 technicians cancelled service appointments, will not schedule appointment any earlier that 2 weeks out, are not cooperative and are liars. This is my fourth serious issue with Sears. This company should not be able to be in business, and at the very least should not be able to represent themselves with good customer service.

The company is not cooperative and would not let me speak to anyone else that may have more authority.

• Ka
      7th of Nov, 2010

our washing machine is not functioning

• Da
      6th of Apr, 2011
    Whirlpool Washing Machine - poor design
    Whirlpool Washing Machine

I recently purchase a high efficiencty Whhirlpool Washer over the internet. I was not fully apraised of the operation and I am very unhappy with it.

It is not possible to determine how much water the machine uses. For this reason it is impossible to correctly apportion the correct quantites of soap, bleach, or other additives. It is even impossible to determine how much water the machine adds during any time of the operation.

My liquid soap cup can not be washed out with washer water because the lid locks and hence it runs down the side of the soap container.

I wish I had been informed of this before I purchased, and well, I wish that I never purchased it at all.

As anyone knows it is impossible to discuss this with Whirlpool. But maybe there is nothing they could do anyway.