Whirlpool / fire hazrad on refrigerator
Whirlpool refrigerator "Relay" caused fire: Hundreds of reports (see http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/whirlpool_refrigerators.html) have brought this issue and why we have to tolerate this for so long?
Refrigerator caught fire. Smoke alarm set off. Had I not been home damage would have probably been out of control. I traced smoke to bottom of refrigerator and pulled unit out from wall and pulled cord, cutting power off to unit. Whirlpool called and they said unit out of warranty. Repair people stated the control to activate compressor burned and this was not the first one they had seen. They replaced unit with a older style and billed me. Whirlpool has recalled it's other brands for this problem but refused to do anything about it's Whirlpool brand. Same problem. I have retained failed part. Photo and copy of invoice sent to WhirlpooI and nothing heard back from them. I should be reimbursed for this failure and food loss and cleanup required. I think it's about time Whirlpool stepped up and recalled these units and repaired all of them.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - whirlpool double oven model number gbd309pvs02, serial number d05210796
- Whirlpool Corporation - refrigerator model # wrt351sfyw, serial # vs12272757
- Whirlpool Corporation - part shipped that was canceled
- Whirlpool Corporation - Delivery of ordered refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - your customer service refund of credit department