Westgate Resorts / rip off with hidden maitenence and tax fees

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Do not fall for this scam. Theyy will sell you the time share at a fairly reasonable price but what they fail to advise you is every year they will hike the maitenence fee and taxes are currently $900 dollars.

Comments

29th of May, 2008

This is very true I initally got my timeshare for the Florida location and the mait and taxes was at $160 its now currently at $700. They also have a bigger scam with the collection company Pinnacle that the hurriedly pass you acct to for late payment. This company will add an additional $300 to you balance and they are very aggressive..

11th of Jul, 2008

I purchased a WestGate timeshare at the very end of 2006 so I had no fees due for 2006
    in 2007 I was the one calling them to see when fees would be due
    I was told it would post online as soon as everything was due
    It did not post online till around June ( I paid it )
    so this year in 2008 I just assumed that fees would be due around the same time
    NOPE they were due a few months earlier this year
    and so they did fall behind and I started gettting unreal amounts of phone calls
    from Pinnacle and of course wanting an extra 300.00 from me
    I do like my timeshare I think they are a great place
    but I money wise they will screw you over if givin the chance

• Br
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Is anybody interested in my Timeshare in Orlando. I'll give it away for free. You will only pay the change of property cost involved. Obviously you will have to pay the maintanance fee for this year . I have the last week of August every other year, on even year. Mainatance fee will have to be paied only for the even year. My child has already passed the age to go to Dysney World and it's getting more and more difficult to go for me. It's true if you don't pay the maintanance fee (around $500) you get charge with these collection agency but if you think you really would like to go to Orlando every other year, it's a great deal for 500 or 600 dollar! No agency please only private paties.

• Ss
      9th of Dec, 2009

I try getting out from under my timeshare at the Westgate Resort in Kissimmee Florida. We have been have problems keeping up with our own home since the Hurricane Katrina damages our home. We explained to them that we could no longer afford to pay for the resort they wanted us to pay for them to sell it. By the way my maintenance fee was $699. If we can barely pay for repairs of our own home how in the world we could pay for a resort that we cannot not go to . So one day I was checking our credit and they put us in foreclosure on something that we never use but once. How in the world could they do this? If anyone have any idea of how to fix this please write back to me! Thanks!
    SSLumar