Western Union / money has been stolen from my account!

Due to Western Union's negligence to use the three digit security code on the back of a debit/credit card, someone was able to make an online transaction to send over $2,000.00 of my money to someone out of the country.

I am unable to point the finger at whom ever got a hold of my info, I don't know who it is. However if Western Union had required, or that of does require the 3 digit security code and let it by pass, this wouldn't have happened. They should make it a lot harder to transfer money. If you were the right person trying to make the transaction, you would have all the info they would ask for. Now people who live in a different country are working with people who live in the US and are taking our americans hard earned money. Something needs to be done.

A  5th of Mar, 2007 by
On 16 February 2007 I erroneously sent two (2) money transactions using my Suntrust Visa Debit Card via Western Union for a total of $95.00 each.

I did not realize that I had erroneously done the second transaction until I reviewed my bank statement on 22 February 2007. After realizing my mistake I immediately contacted Western Union. I spoke to numerous managers' at Western Union and each of them informed me that they would send a FAX to Suntrust Bank requesting that the authorization code be removed from my account so that the funding could be credited back to my account. They each assured me as well that the funds would be restored to my account within 24 hours. Specifically, I spoke to John Battacourt (Operation #172); T0nya (Operator #584), Josh (Operator #616) and numerous other personnel on this subject. On 27 February the money had still not been returned to my account so I did a three-way call with Suntrust (Operator Lori); Western Union (T0nya, #584) and myself. Tanya informed Suntrust that Western Union had sent a FAX to Suntrust requesting that the authorization code be removed from the transaction so that the money could be restored to my account. The Suntrust Manager (Lori) informed Tonya that Western Union needed to send me a credit to my account so that the funds could be restored. Tonya informed Lori and I that the Western Union operator that took the initial call did not understand and shouldn't have done a cancel but instead a reimbursement to my debit card. Lori also stated that she was doing the transaction and that the funding would be restored in my account in 3 hours. I checked my bank account this morning (28 FEB 07) and as of 10:14 am the money has still not been restored to my account which is the basis of this complaint.

I checked my account and it is not there.

Western Union Financial Services Logo Western Union Financial Services