Wellsfargo Bank / liars and cruel to their customers

On january17th i went to the bank to withdrawal some money from my account and come to find out the bank had closed my account without notifying me. However, i had over 60,000.00 in my account i was not allowed to withdrawal not even a dollar of my money. They, told me to call a 1 800 number to ask why cause the banker did not know why, so i called and they told me that i will be receiving a letter within 3 days stating that my account will be closed and i will receive a cashiers check for the balance that was in my account. Their reason was that there were 3 checks deposited into my account which happened to have bounced. Even though that was not my fault, the checks were from someone who owed me money .they said that the cashiers check will be ready within 10 business days. I asked if there is anyway that i could take some money out to last me 10 business days till i get my money and they said no,they didn't even care that i was their customer and even though it wasn't my fault they closed my account and charged my account fees for the bounced checks also leaving me broke for ten days as well as all my bills unpaid.

Comments

4th of Feb, 2007

Serves you right for banking with wells fargo

• Ol
      6th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree Wells Fargo is cruel and has bad customer service. Recently I disputed unauthorized use of my credit card---after researching an authorized purchase and verifying that the information for the online transaction did not match the information on my card--they denied the claimed amount. It was for airline tickets. They told me to contact a lawyer.

• Co
      1st of Jul, 2009

I reside in Houston, Tx and I have been dealing with Wells Fargo since they took over First Interstate Bank in the 90's . I have had sooo many problems with them charging overdraft fee's and the money was in the account but what they will do is post the transactions, take it out of the current balance & then they will put it back in a pending status a day or two later so if anything else comes thru you will be over drawn.For example on June 29 my balance was $188 and I paid my light bill for $149.00 & that left $38 dollars in the account. My life insurance payment come out the next day of $21 and the $38 should have covered it right? Well they put the light bill amount back in a pending status on 7/1 & that caused my account to over draw, how is that ? Now they say my account is $40 overdrawn and that is without the two late fee's there going to add on! I now see why California has a law suite against Wells Fargo for over charging there customers with overdrafts fee's that they shouldn't be charged for. I also have my home loan through them too. They have all my business and yet they are still stealing from me. I have had enough and now will be going to Chase, at least I know when I make a deposit I can get some cash back too.