Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / they tried to take our home.

1 IN, United States Review updated:

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a joke. In October 2010 I received a phone call from Wells Fargo stating that we were 4 months behind on our mortgage payments. I explained to them that I had made every monthly payment like always and was confused as to how this was. I was told that there was not enough money in my escrow to cover my taxes and insurance so they "Did me a favor" and paid them for me. I was then told that the last 4 monthly payments had been taken to repay my debt to them for paying my taxes and insurance. So in short every month that I thought I was paying my mortgage they were actually taking it to pay themselves back for them "doing me a favor". I told them I wanted to keep my house and asked what I needed to do to make that happen. They asked me for my financial information so they could set me up on some sort of repayment plan. I went through this several times and was told that there was no help available. I told them I could send them $1, 500.00 and they told me that would stop the foreclosure and I could pay the rest before the next mortgage payment was due the following month. I sent them the $1, 500.00 via my bank and was under the impression the everything was fine and that I had enough time to pay the rest off before the deadline. On November 8th I received a letter from an Attorney stating that my house was in foreclosure. I called Wells Fargo and was told that the money I sent them was sent back to the bank because they would not accept partial payments. I was then instructed to call the Attorney. The original amount I was told I owed them was $2, 169.00. When I called the Attorney I was told that I now owed $3, 200.18 because of Attorney fees, late charges, inspections, etc. I was told this amount was good until November 15th. On November 13th paperwork was filed with the court and the amount rose to $3, 928.08. I feel like I have been bent over and screwed hard. I sent the Attorney the money to have all of this taken care of, but I am now very nervous after reading all the horror stories on here as to what will really happen with the money that I sent the Attorney. I am told that I will receive a letter from the court stating that the foreclosure has been dismissed and everything will be back on track, but for how long? The scary part about all of this is that this is not the first time we have had issues with Wells Fargo. We would love to refinance, but because of all the trouble we have had with them our credit score is in the toilet. My only question is how many more times are we going to have to deal with this crap?

Comments

• Wp
      5th of Dec, 2010

I have the same exact story and it has really become a nightmare and we have just received the second notice that they are going to try and foreclose hope yours has a nice ending.