Wells Fargo Bank / visa credit card

1 CA, United States

I transferred a sizeable balance from a credit card with a huge interest rate to my Wells Fargo VISA who was offering a very low (2.9%) rate on transfers. The first month and a half after, Wells was overcharging me on the interest rate. I called and they agreed they were at fault and would refund the overcharged interest rate. I asked what about the inflated minimum amount due, and they told me it would be much less, and rather than the over 400.00 it stated, I could make a smaller payment without a problem. My payments are done automatically thru my WF checking account online. When I checked my account I discovered they had made the original 432.00 minimum payment instead, which would overdraw my account. When I called, they told me that the information I had been given previously was incorrect and that they could not change the minimum amount due to fedral laws prohibiting it! Yes, they agreed it was all due to their mistakes, but unfortunaely for me there is nothing they can do about it. And if I dispute the payment, my credit card will show that I failed to make the minimum amount due and I will be assessed a late payment fee as well! I feel as though this is just another way they have found to screw the customer over again. And what is to keep them from doing again? Nothing really, and I have no recourse. And why are we bailing out the banks again? So they can keep on doing dirty business practices that line their pockets.

Lh