Wells Fargo Auto Finance / they take what they want

United States Review updated:
A couple of weeks ago I started receiving phone calls about a car loan that was 90 days past due. I stated I don't own that car or know what they are referring to. They continuously called 4 or 5 times a day requesting I pay, I continued to deny the debt and requested proof. Their response was always your on the contract as a cosigner, of course they are just looking at a computer screen with my name on it. Identity Theft or Fraud I am not sure yet which, but the point to this is...

The Warning

If you happen to have any accounts with Wells Fargo they will take what they feel you owe from any of those accounts to balance any other accounts. They did not fore warn me or ask for my authorization before they zero'd out my checking account for this debt they claim I owe.

Comments

Ma
  13th of Nov, 2008
Go to your bank and STOP all auto payments to Wells Fargo Dont let them take it from you accounts. Your bank can stop this . Dont let ANYONE do automatic pay from your bank accounts. Go to your bank and disallow it. Pay your payments by check, via the mail. dont do phone payment by check.

Here is the direct numbers for the people in charge . keep notes of time day, and what they discussed. They will try to play you, don't take it. Look at the Fair credit reporting act, to see what they can and cannot do. You will see they do alot of things hey shouldn't and legally cant. report them!!!

will coakley VP Collections
480-337-3030
e-mail. willcoakley@wellsfargo.com

Alex Alverez
direct number 480-337-2922

e-mail alexalverez@wellsfargo.com

if this doesnt resolve your issue ( it won't, they are VP's cause they are better liars) report them to

If your complaint is with a national bank (has the word “national” in its name or the letters “N.A.” after the name), please contact:

Customer Assistance Group