Web.com / terrible service will ruin your business

1 CA, United States Review updated:

What can I say I've never posted a complaint about a company before dealing with web.com the customer service and reliability are so reprehensible I'm baffled they've lost file of mine, lost me email service website has been down they've overcharged me. I run a business and of course i am going to change but have to wait until I can afford to have my service interrupted because I've also read complaints about how the hold your name hostage.

The customer service is just the icing on the cake is so awful you will just be mystified and outraged as you watch money gou down the drain if you run a business. Try to find one good review of web.com anywhere what can I say you've been warned!

Comments

Pa
  5th of Jan, 2010

I have a story for all of you! Web.com took over my Affiliate site from another Hosting company with three names, and who each ripped me off for the same fees...bugt back to Web.com. So, here is my new store, with my custom landing page, and a button which says..."Start Shopping Today"...which takes you inside my affiliate store. Now, I add another affiliate PC Game store... well for all of this, I pay $94.95 a month. I found out on Dec.24th, that my site didn't work...the shopping card is DEAD...and does not function...nor has it since I've been in business. Heck...I didn't know...and all the other FLUFF promised...adwords/adsense/GoogleMap/ and SEO...NONE OF IT DONE!!! I send 5, now 6 emails to their customersupport@web.com, and only today did I get a Call!
Would you believe it? Today, I was told that "A Hosting Company Is Not responsible for a commerce site working in-so-far as the shopping basket goes..."
Now, remember folks, I pay them $94.95 a month for hosting, web design, et al!!!
I even signed up for Alkexa, and founf out that My store/site doesn't even rank in the top 100, 000 in any Search Engine!!!
Then, I found out that they left an 800 number on my site for folks to call...that, I thought was taken off back in Oct. and Nov. of 2009...I am Web biz only!!!
Then, I found out via a dear friend who is a web developer for many years now...that I have an Apache error...well...this explains to me why I get an error page often.
I am going for necks folks...I am not one of those 64 year old women who sighs and does the "oh my"' thingie.'..I am a warrior, and I will go through every agency and TV station Possible...then I want to see what can be done to start a Class Action against the idiots!!!
I am out of patients, and... loaded for bear!!!
patricia martin