Waste Management / demand for payment

We just received a "demand for payment" for services to a property that we sold 3 years ago. We did not receive anything from them prior to the nasty letter demanding payment and a threat to turn it over to a collection agency. On august 8, 2004, I cancelled the service to the address 16857 e. Napa drive, aurora, co. Our bill was paid in full at the time I cancelled it. What is the best way to handle this.

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Aug, 2008

I worked for them for several years as a team leader and Customer Service Manager. The best advise I can give you is to ask for a Manager, not a team leader but the Customer Service Manager. Show your proof of residency and ask that the charges be removed. The second step you can get is to have them ask the driver for verification, many times the drivers will have the same routes for several years. The driver may remember you moving or when the new residents started occupying the home. The last option is to find out who the current resident is and on trash day see who they are currently using for the trash hauler. Call the hauler, explain the circumstances and ask when they started service, they may provide you with a start date.
    Hope this helps...

• Me
      11th of Oct, 2008

If you are in the area let them see a copy of the property sale, which will have the sale date as well as the new owners information. They may ask for the copy but you don't have to let them have it. That should let them see that they have erroneously charged you.

If they do end up sending you to a collections agency then other steps need to be taken. Such as a Cease and Desist letter sent to the collections agency via certified mail.

• De
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Waste Management [WM] - Management
    Hedgesville
    West Virginia

One of the most disrespectful employers I have ever worked for . I don't know if the manager is bias or something . Regardless of who u are, you got other employees taking drugs on the lot . Sleeping under umbrella while they should be working, trying to buy my medication .

• Ji
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Waste Management [WM] - Over billing
    Tamarac
    Florida

I informed Waste Management our company was moving to another city, paid for extra trash fees, called to pay our final bill.
    We were over charged and I was informed a refund would take up to 30 days. As of today we are still being billed for service and have not received the refund. Customer ID: 13-56309-23009

Jim Moreo 954 444 8664

• Ju
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Waste Management [WM] - Charges
    Wi
    wm.com

I was charges 187.00 one month service they charged me 85.00 plus forty dollars for gas overage service incident. My dumpster was over the top little bit. Forty dollars gas is out bandage. I would like credit gas because the month before I played gas it snowed they never dumped. Two months