Walmart Storesschumacher 1200 amp portable power station

I April I purchased a Schumacher 1200 Amp Portable Power Station for $99.95. It was over $107.00 with tax. The first time I needed to use it for a jump start it didn't work. It was fully charged but the battery clamps did not put any juice into my battery. The other functions worked OK. Unfortunately I was unable to return it as I went into the hospital for a Triple Bypass surgery and was laid up for three and a half months. When I was finally able to drive I took the Item back to my local store and the return desk person said she had to call her supervisor. When she came to the desk she looked at the receipt and said it was over 90 days and they couldn't refund the purchase price. I told her that I didn't want a refund only to have it replaced with one that worked. I also told her the reason why I couldn't return it sooner. She said that she would have to call her supervisor. When she came over I again explained my situation to her and she was very non caring and said she would not exchange it for me. I asked her very politely If she could make an exception because of my problem and she got very nasty and said that if she did this for me then she would have to do the same for every one else and I said how would every one else even know that you did this and she said that there were five other customers in line and they would know and want the same thing. I doubt that they would have items to return that were over 90 days old. I told her that I had been a customer of Walmart ever since they opened for business years ago and I would not shop there any more. She then walked away and did not give me my receipt back. I contacted the manufacturer and told them the whole story about my experience and they told me that I would have to send them the item and proof of purchase. I can't do this because I no longer have my receipt. I was a Supermarket owner for most of my adult life and I am now 84 years old. I would not or have not ever treated a customer like I was treated.
Thank you very much.

My Name is Lou Miller
1024 Forrest Drive
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
Phone: [protected]
Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Lo
Oct 01, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      Oct 01, 2018

walmart policy is what it is
    should of contacted the manufacturer first as they are the ones to deal with it ( warranty)