Walmart MoneyCard / debit card

1 Clanton, AL, United States Review updated:

Several months ago I purchased a Walmart moneycard and opened account and have been getting my paycheck directly deposited. My permanent card never came when I called I was told several months ago if they issued a new card the account couldn't be accessed I asked what if I opened a second card set it up and used this account til new one was ready I was assured the temporary card was good as long as I needed it. Out of the blue this morning my account is blocked the day my paycheck goes in and now I'm told I can't access my account until I get a permanent card. I do not have 1 dollar to my name and they won't allow me to even go to the money store and remove my money. I'm stuck without gas or food I don't even have words for the situation I've been left in. If my account needs the new card I should be able to to at least go to moneystore and remove funds from MY Account with MY money!! I can't even drive home from work.

Jb
Jan 3, 2019

Comments

25th of Jan, 2019

I understand. This is my letter to them.

I seem to have written you a book. I'm sorry, but I have been dealing with this a very
    long (8 months) time.

I have a MasterCard debit card from Walmart. I have had this number for several years. The card I was using had an expiration date of 12/20.
    It was working fine.
    One day in April 2018 your computer decided it didn't like this one any more. I think
    the code on that one was maybe 462. It (your system) was looking for something else. I found a newer one in some junk, same card #, expiration date on this one is 01/21 with
    code # 964. Tried verifying my drivers license, but the site did not take the upload (more than once). Then things got worse! I have tried numerous tried to resolve this issue. Now, not only does the automated service hang up on me, but out of desperation I tried calling the corporate office to find a human AND the human hung up on me! ??? Now when I go to the activation page and type in the card # the error message says this number has not been issued. WHAT?? Does this mean you lost my money? I certainly hope not.
    OK, the bottom line is I want my $500.00 back. How you want to give it back to me is up to you. Here are the choices.
    1) If you would like to unblock my card with the $500.00 available for use. That would be fine. Keep me from having to find another card.
    2) Or, you could deposit the $500.00 with an electronic bank deposit. If you choose this option I will provide banking information later. Unless you all ready have it on file.
    3) There is the least convenient option for either of us. That is, drop a $500.00, Bank Check, a two party check is too hard to cash, in the paper mail to:
    Sandra Gomez